• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australia: US/China war (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
DUDES

THIS IS A MILITARY FAN FICTION

A FAN FICTION

GEEZ

*bitchslaps the thread up*

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course u guys here love china, u're all chinese and love fubu.

Truth is, military confrontation with US, China loses.
It's that simple.

India = US Ally
Japan = US Ally

America has alot of power in the gulf, below china and in japan...
UNLESS china doesn't hurt or threaten america, in that case the american public will probably hate the president too much and it just won't work out..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
NTB: Except that China in launching military against Taiwan will also have to launch it against the US ships protecting Taiwan.

Vahl

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Truth is, military confrontation with US, China loses.
It's that simple.

America has alot of power in the gulf, below china and in japan...
UNLESS china doesn't hurt or threaten america, in that case the american public will probably hate the president too much and it just won't work out..
Note this

CIA: China buildup tilting balance

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/02/17/goss.china.reut/

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Note this
CNN

Looks like the states are warming up for a new bad guy that threatens the existence of the world... I guess it's understandable that terrorists wear thin when...you cant really find them. But can China top the Nazis/Soviets in evil empire? Only time will tell.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Whatever happens America will never invade China. That is one war they could not win. For every one yank soldier there would be a thousand Chinese. This war, if it happens, will definetly be a contest of the long range weapons.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Wow enlightened one.. let me guess - you're asian? :)
This is a war that neither would like, but if push came to shove america would win... unless China has more icbm's than we know about?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You're obviously not that bright. Chinese people are incredibly resilient. Not to mention that we're already all over the fucking world.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're also asian?
Is this racial arrogance? I think so..
Asians, more specifically chinese, seem to be overly proud of China and have an exaggerated view of its power.

No, i don't think the US would dominate china in a war. I don't think either country would have much of an upper hand, but if it got too serious and nukes got involved china just isn't up there with the US in that department.

"Chinese people are incredibly resilient"... and the people of the western world are weak? Do you remember ww2? The japanese were willing to die for their country, and were so ashamed at their loss that they killed themselves.

edit: but let me point out.. i don't think america would go to war against china over taiwan, but it would go to war against china if china attacks the american forces protecting taiwan.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This issue doesnt even come close to the cold war, which boiled down to two countries willing to destroy the world based on whcih economic system they believed in. It certainly wasnt worth the risk then, and Taiwan isnt now.
The only plausible way a war would break out would be through a mistake. No winners.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Actually the ANZUS treaty only requires Australia and America to consult each other in the event of an attack, Australia could just sit back and let America fight its own wars by itself just like the New Zealanders :p

firehose

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You're also asian?
Is this racial arrogance? I think so..
Asians, more specifically chinese, seem to be overly proud of China and have an exaggerated view of its power.

No, i don't think the US would dominate china in a war. I don't think either country would have much of an upper hand, but if it got too serious and nukes got involved china just isn't up there with the US in that department.

"Chinese people are incredibly resilient"... and the people of the western world are weak? Do you remember ww2? The japanese were willing to die for their country, and were so ashamed at their loss that they killed themselves.

edit: but let me point out.. i don't think america would go to war against china over taiwan, but it would go to war against china if china attacks the american forces protecting taiwan.

I'm of Chinese origin too, and can i say how much i hate how asians, but particularly Chinese are so overly proud of themselves too. Like theres always these fobs around who would want nothing more than for China to rule over everything... not only wishful thinking, but also dangerous thinking.

On the topic, it is very, very, very unlikely that they would ever goto war, but in the absolute-worse scenario that they do, the odds are very much against China, and it would be best to stay that way too.

Stan..

HSC
It will never happen. Stop being a conspiricy theorist, If it does it may be the end of all wars.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I hate the way the US is currently acting to China ... Rice said tonight that America was 'concerned' with the growth in the power of China and were afraid that they would "head down the wrong path."

Hypocritical fuckers. They are simply trying to instigate China into a less dominant Foreign Policy - ATTACK AT WILL CHINA! Australia would struggle to invade New Zealand or Tonga, let alone have an impact in the US v. China battle.
Do u have any idea about the military, Australia has one of the best training programs for soldiers in the world, but our forces are relatively small and not as well equiped as the US, however there is talk about the Aussies getting M4's like the US has

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Wow enlightened one.. let me guess - you're asian? :)
This is a war that neither would like, but if push came to shove america would win... unless China has more icbm's than we know about?

No I'm purely white and have no asian blood in me whatsoever. I am merely stating the obvious. If there's a war America won't invade because they cannot win against China's masses. Instead the yanks'll push the little red button marked "nukes".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)