Australian 'Counter-Terrorism' Laws (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If it detains mus-I mean terrorists to protect our freedom then I don't see the problem.

prime-factor

HSC
If it detains mus-I mean terrorists to protect our freedom then I don't see the problem.
But it takes away more freedoms than it 'protects'. How would you react if god forbid you or one of your family members was wrongfully detained as a 'terror' suspect. You don't know where they're being detained, can't talk to them and they don't have access to a lawyer. What if that was your mum, or your dad or you.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Thread is too broad and average, needs some sort of news article/link/copy and paste/context. Check out other threads in the forum. Stimulate discussion.

I need some information, some stimulus, some ideas to bounce off. Find a source explaining or critiquing Australia's 'counter-terrorism' laws and put that in quote tags in the OP, with a relevant link. TBH, I don't even know off the top of my head, the full-extent of police 'counter-terror' powers and I would have been interested to read about them if you'd provided the information.

Keep this advice in mind and you'll have more successful threads in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)