Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I don't like the idea of Dean doing 'On the Way down' with just the guitar. That song isn't the greatest thing written, but what makes it particularly catchy is the drums. If it's just gonna be him strumming along, it's going to be kind of boring.

HSC
They might be allowed to play there own instrument and and use the band..I hope so.

Last edited:

LaurenceOLIVIER

HSC
Hello everyone,
Despite the fact whoever wins Idol will be a fantastic singer and performer, I think they also must be able to write original songs and be able to bring something unique to the Australian Music Scene. It is obvious to me there are some people in the competition that are unique and original muscians and some that are simply good singers with good looks fullstop. This Dean Geyer bloke to me comes across as another Pop male star with little passion for music but simply a flair for entertaining, which is all that is needed, but i am sick of pop stars with an obvious superficail image. Far from the days of Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen where Music had a purpose and was meanigful, to make it in music nowadays you have to simply write catchy tunes that will be played on the Radio. Anyway, the only singers in this competition that I would like to win simply becasue they seem to actually care about music and can write their own unique lyrics are Bobby Flynn, Lisa and damien Leith. The others I don't think will add anything but more pathetic cover songs like Shannon or Guy or whatever. People like bobby Flynn or Lisa could bring a fresh look to the music scene, whereas the others i reckon will simply bore.
Cheers

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Bobby didn't really blow me away tonight. I'm with Mark, when he says Bobby is getting predictable. He was still really good though. And I find I'm liking Bobby's personality more and more each week. He seems like such a cool person.

Okay, so I wasn't expecting Dean to do that great tonight, especially with that song, but wow. His performance tonight was awesome, his vocal has really improved, and he knows how to get the crowd going. I'm not sure he deserved that touchdown though. I know 'touchdowns' are Mark's opinion, and not really an official certification, but I always compare 'touchdown performances' to Anthony Callea singing "The Prayer", and Dean's performance didn't really match that. But Dean's rendition of the song was so much better than Ryan Cabrera's in my opinion.

Chris's performance just finished now and it didn't really wow me. I was on MSN and didn't really look up at the tv at all while he was singing. I didn't like how Mark mentioned that Dean was a star while commenting to Chris though. I know it's all in the spirit of competition or whatever, but I personally don't like it when the judges start singing praises to other contestants when commenting on someone else.

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Dean was awesome tonight. The best so far. Like Kate, the other two didnt wow me

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Jessica looks amazing tonight, sooo pretty. I love that dress on her. Her performance however... she has an amazing voice, but it's nothing I haven't heard before. It's that 'diva-Whitney-Houston' voice and she sounds exactly like the artist when she sings. Like, when she sang Beautiful, she sounded exactly like Christina. And tonight she sounded exactly like Brandy. She has a beautiful voice, but she needs to do something different.

Um... I really don't have much of an opinon on Damien, except he's increasingly looking like Shannon Noll. Oh look at that. He just got a touchdown. Is Mark just handing them out now? Heck, let's give one to Jorge Bec.

Lisa's next... she better not blow this after all the excuses she's made about not having her guitar during past performances... I'm typing the follwing as she's playing. Okay she's not really wowing me... getting better. She's got talent with the guitar, but I'm not a huge fan of her voice, and I don't know how this song goes originally, so I can't really comment. She seems to be doing an okay job, but doesn't really have the wow factor.

Ricky's looking hot tonight for the first time during this competition. I didn't see what everyone else saw before, but now I do. Yeah... that's the only thing I can say. It wasn't that great, but I guess it's because he's sick or whatever (his presentation thing emphasised that enough). Not the biggest fan of that song, and didn't think his performance was anything special. Was it a little off during some parts, or was that just me?

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Hmm Bobby underwhelmed me even though I love him and love that song. Still good but outshone by everyone who followed.

Dean was awesome agreed but I hate that song so much.

Chris was good but abit meh.

Jess is just so ridiculously likeable but like someone said, it's getting same-o. Can't wait til she does something totally different.

Damien is on right now and oh God, he is ruining that song. I don't care if the judges will like it or not. I just love Chris Isaak's voice to much to bear listening to that song sung by anyone else...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
GO DAMIEN!!! *touchdown* Woot woot. His performance was really beautiful, love it :D

0Jade0

HSC
Damien totally deserved that touchdown.
Unlike Dean 'omg you threw your guitar down! Rock on!'
*vomit*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I'm a little averse to Dean's "showman" antics usually but in terms of effort and performance, I think he finally earned it.

I dunno about Damien. His voice bores me at times.

Ricky is making me feel ill....

Edit: God, Ricky is lammmmme.

Lisa was damn good. She's so pretty and her guitar playing is :D :D :D

In ranking: Lisa, Jess, Dean, Bobby, Chris, Damien........................... Ricky.

Last edited:
HSC
>Dean was the best ...finally he got a touchdown
>Damein was pretty good [first time i liked his performance]
>Lisa was soo good, but still many people dont like her :(
>Bobby sounds the same every week
>Jessica, as someone else said, when she sings another persons song, she sounds exactly like them...but is still near perfect
>Ricky is so gone tomorrow
>Chris..i dont really like him and his performance was boring

thats what i thought of tonight

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I would've smashed Lisa with her own guitar since she bored me to death. No versatility, no growth, just plain lame. It's like I hear the same boring song every week.

Dean & Damien deserved their touchdowns 100% (though it should've been Dean's 2nd touchdown).

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
If Chris goes tomorrow, the picture thing on the idol website is gonna form an upside down cross, which is... kind of creepy. My bottom 3 predictions: Ricky, Chris and Lisa. I think its time to go Lisa. She didn't deliever tonight.

bustinjustin

HSC
All pre-teen and 13 y.o girls should be banned from the set of Idol. It would also be interesting to see the results if they were banned from voting too.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
LOL at Ricky! That Robbie Williams song was poor. By far the worst song of the night. He deserves to get booted off this week.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
bustinjustin said:
All pre-teen and 13 y.o girls should be banned from the set of Idol. It would also be interesting to see the results if they were banned from voting too.
i completely agree. Lisa would be out of there so fast if they did that

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Please please please don't let Bobby be out.

Even though his performance semi-sucked, I'm worried that since he went first and wasn't all guns ablaze like Dean, people might forget about him :(

agentprovocater said:
Bobby might be different, but he's a freak. Not good. Reminds me of our horse in Moree.
I normally go nuts when I hear people calling Bobby a freak (even though, yes, I can see where everyone is coming from...) but that just made me laugh :rofl:

I'd rather look at Bobby than Chris any day. I liked that Paul McCartney song but God, Chris is just so unattractive to watch for some reason. He has an annoying earnest-ness about his face when he sings ballads.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)