Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Faves:
-Damien: Wuv hum again
-Dean: Not the best singer, but I can imagine him giving concerts, unlike somebody like Jess/Ricky

Non Faves:
-Ricky: I keep hoping hell do well, but he never does. He's starting to look lame
-Jess: Eh. I found her big notes kind of pitchy and awkward tonight. And she's a little predictable.
-Lisa: If that's the best she can do, off with her head.

My predicted botom three: Lisa, Chris, Bobby

bustinjustin

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Faves:
-Jess: Eh. I found her big notes kind of pitchy and awkward tonight. And she's a little predictable.
If she'd sung a real rock song instead of Kelly Clarkson then there wouldn't be as much pressure on her to show some diveristy, and she wouldn't be halfway along the path of predicability that Lavina took (and we all know where that lead her too) - Jess would only be a third along the way in different circumstances.

I miss Reigan...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It was by Coldplay, called "See You Soon"

Listening to the just the mp3 audio of yesterday's show, Lisa's performance sounds even more incredible. I can really see myself listening to a CD of hers. I love the way she plays the guitar with just finger picking. She really does have a beautiful honest voice when she sings what she likes.

Dean is also awesome but the constant girls shrieking their heads off like this is the mid 60's and the Beatles are here is annoying.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Verdict on in less than an hour... although technically since they read it out after 8, it's still a few hours away. I watched Lisa's performance again on youtube, and still didn't find it any better than the first time. She's good with the guitar, but the performance still didn't do it for me. And bustinjustin, I miss reigan too. She always picked daring song choices and she got me into george.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Watching Lisa's performance and listening are two different things. With just audio, her voice seems clearer and each enunciation is more defined and doesn't sound lazy at all. In the past few weeks, her voice sounded incredibly lazy, she rolled notes off her tongue. Blagh. But yesterday, she actually sang properly.

What's the theme for next week?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
they should make the voting system so that no underage girls (or girls period) can vote.

how ironic a talent show where the only one with talent (chris is an exception) is gone.

All you 'LoLz DeAn GeYeR Is So HoT OMGGOMGOMGOGM' girls need to die, now.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*cries*

I had a feeling this would happen (see above post) but ARGH!!!!!

I didn't want Bobby to win the whole thing cos the Idol machine is simply not suited to him but I am in love with his music/performances/style and I want to see more NOW!

He's back tomorrow. Thank God! I want to hear that song of his in full :D

Pah! So one of the only true talents who made Aus Idol what it is this year is gone. Ack. I'll be buying his CD the second it comes out.

Sigh. The last time I was so mopey about Aus Idol was when Dan England got out and that was only because he was the best of the worst. Bobby is the best of the best :(

Last edited:

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I AM PISSED OFF!!!! I can't believe Bobby left and Ricky is still there... arghhhhhhhhhhh. No offence to Ricky fans, and I have absolutely nothing against him, but he was clearly the worst last night. I really, really hope that he gets signed on by a record company. At least he'll be back tomorrow. He will be back right, and not just some thing andrew g made up on the spot?

purplemonkey

HSC
Its time to go...Bobby yayyyyyyy! :D
I'm sorry, so many people think hes talented, and he's alright if you dont look at him, but I just couldn't watch him...

I think next weeks theme is Big Band, which is boring, they've done one on every season of Idol :( why not do something else random in they're gonna throw Disco in there?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I read that it's songs from the big band era, but the idols have to re-arrange it into something modern. That's the rumour on the idol boards anyway.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Yay Bobby went, he bored me. Im glad Ricky is safe

What the theme for next week??? Is it Big Band night??

MikiRei

HSC
*grits teeth* DAMMIT! Why did Bobby had to go?
But then again, he doesn't need the Idol tag. He can now go off and do his own thang without being owned by Idol producers. :p
No more Idol for me - YEAH! (not that I've been watching this series anywayz. Managed to come home right when they were evicting - woot!)

HSC
Ricky is so going to be like that Blonde chick that came fourth in the second idol. Crap but ppl vote for him.

poor Bobby...at least he'll get to sing tonight

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
agentprovocater said:
Im not so fond of Ricky, but still breathed a sigh of relief when he was declared safe. Maybe he draws the audience in?
he definitely didn't draw me in last weekend. i'm starting to find his performances a bit fake or superficial. damian this week was absolutely fantastic.
sad to see bobby go, but i think the first idol's choice week was the best for him, he was very similar every week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)