Australian Open (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Pretty good match between Jankovic and Paszek. Lasted 3h+.

bengore

BLSG
HSC
Men: Safin or James Blake
Women: Sharapova or Martina Hingis

lachlan43

Well Hingis has retired, so I don't think she's going to do to well.

Aussie Jessica Moore just won, which is good. She jumped something like 600 places last year in the rankings, and a second round win alone should see her jump another 50 places at least.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
was watching sharapova play, needed a break.
i really hope that she doesnt make it far cuz i really hate the screeching (it makes my ears bleed and ruins the tennis experience). she is a good player, but i really dont like watching her play.
i heard sumwhere that he screeches reach like 120 decibels. thats kinda close to a jet taking off which is sumthing like 160 decibels.
sum stats huh?

Zephyrio

HSC
wuddie said:
as much as you are making a point, you cannot judge a player's form from one match of tennis. nadal has some very good techniques in his game which are most suited to clay, but he still makes a hell of a player on grass, case in point being last year's wimbledon where it took a certain top seed to take him out in the final. but i feel that because of his extreme western grip, it takes much longer to wind up and go through the stroke, so slower surfaces will suit him more. whereas on hard courts, he either has to play far back from the baseline, or he simply doesn't have the time to wind it up and go for a huge toppy. i cannot see nadal winning the aust or us open unless he changes his game.

if nalbandian can continue his form from the end of last year, where he ripped everyone (yes, incl federer), he will win it.
No, you can't judge a person's form from one match, but if it's a beatdown like such, he's not exactly heading for optimum form is he? But that said, he HAS beaten Federer on hard courts before.

My point still remains though: Nadal is prone to be overpowered on hard courts, and his results against Nalbandian towards the end of 07 and his result against Youzny shows it. And if I recall correctly, he lost to Youzny in US Open 06.

Zephyrio

HSC
aznboystar said:
was watching sharapova play, needed a break.
i really hope that she doesnt make it far cuz i really hate the screeching (it makes my ears bleed and ruins the tennis experience). she is a good player, but i really dont like watching her play.
i heard sumwhere that he screeches reach like 120 decibels. thats kinda close to a jet taking off which is sumthing like 160 decibels.
sum stats huh?
Sharapova meets Davenport in the 2R, so chances are you might not see her beyond Wednesday. And I agree with her screeching: someone should DO something about it. Monica Seles was told to shut up before Wimbledon 1992, and lost to Graf something like 62 61 LOL. Even if it's just for a psychological edge - I say, screw the "unseen" rules - you do what you do to win, and if her screams distract you then hell COMPLAIN!

*rUsTy*

HSC
Anyone think Molik can get past the first few rounds? I personally really like her and think she has the potential to be great again and in the form she was in about 3 years ago. After watching her match last night there were more than a few moments that impressed me. Anyone agree?

Zephyrio

HSC
Molik needs to work on her non-existent backhand.

Her forehand swipes are bit too big sometimes (hence framing) but overall it's a good weapon. Obviously her big weapon is her serve, but she has to work on getting faster. But then she's much better than 62...

lachlan43

During the Hopman Cup, they were talking about the screeching, and one of the commentators said (despite the fact Sharapova wasn't playing) that Sharapova's screams drown out the sound of the ball hitting her racquet, and provide an advantage because hearing the ball come off the racquet helps you know how the ball is coming back, judging by where it looks as if the ball came off the racquet, plus hearing the exact time it was hit.

IceOnFire

HSC
Men: I hope it's safin, but realistically it will probably be federer.
Women: Don't really care, as long as its not serena williams.

Did anyone notice Nadal's 3/4 pants this year? Hope he doesn't get as much wedgies as he did last year.

ana n.

HSC
Novak Djokovic has improved and hopefully NOVAK DJOKOVIC WILL WIN AO! i really hope that ana ivanovic or jelena jankovic win it but i don't think so, it's either henin, williams or kuznetsova.hope svetlana kuznetsova wins it!

Artemis.

HSC
IceOnFire said:
Men: I hope it's safin, but realistically it will probably be federer.
Women: Don't really care, as long as its not serena williams.
qft.

Federer's a great player, but him winning is getting so monotonous! And I'd love to see Safin win, or at least see him beat Hewitt in the 3R.

But yeah...go Safin!

retarded777

HSC
N/A
Who i think will win:

Men's-Federer

Woman's-Venus Williams (but i dun want her to win....)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hewitt had a good first match, blasted the other guy off the court.

djokovic played a great match as well, i think he will go a long way in this tournament.

Muz4PM

HSC
What was the final score of the Sharapova v. Davenport match, last I saw Maria was leading in the second after Davenport staged a brave comeback of sorts in the second set to be 5-3 down.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
awwwww. sharapova beat davenport. guess ill just have to put up with the screeching. it made me watch the cricket instead and turn back to check the scores regularly.
fingers crosse that someone complains about it next round so that i can actually watch her play without putting the tv on mute. im sure every1 will agree that it will make her far more pleasant to watch.

hope baghdatis can triumph over safin and do as well as he did 2 years ago when he reached the final. however, i smell an upset...

Anonymous1

HSC
回复: Australian Open

I've got my money on Gasquet to take it out, he's nothing but class. I wouldn't be suprised if it was him up against Federer (if the timetable allowed that of course) in the finals - would be an awesome match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)