Australian Open (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hewitt's only direction is down, I don't think he'll appear in another Australian Open, his movements are way slower and his reaction times, hits are faltering. Time to call it quits. Federer is on the same path, but he still has the potential to make his last few years count unlike Hewitt.

shakky15

HSC
shame sharapova isnt playing, and same with henin (shame she retired so young).. it would have been great seeing a final with one of them vs serena. Id like to see serena vs dementieva rematch or a serena vs safina. and i want fed to win his 14th HERE lol (please not nadal).

damn stosur was lucky she drew that player otherwise with that number of unforced errors she would have been out quick smart .. that other player klara or w/e was so hopeless and yet managed to make it 6-7 on both sets!! i blame that on stosur! but i still wish her good luck..

its the same with tomic too, if he had drawn with a half decent player (starace was hopeless) i dont think he would have won. but im sure hes gonna be more confident now with a win up his sleeve and i hope he does alright, his second round match doesnt look too hard.

Artemis.

HSC
LOL @ Hewitt.
I'd love to see Safin win on his last year, but my money is on Nadal or Federer...perhaps Djokovic. But I think Rafa is in with a good chance.

akrinis

HSC
That was FANTASTIC!! I watched that whole match on the edge of my seat, literally. After everything's she's been through, this was such a wonderful result for her. WOW, to beat a top 20 seed is really something. I don't believe Jelena Dokic can't beat her next opponent, after seeing the way she's been playing in this tournament.

akrinis

HSC
I guess he talks a little too much in between points now and then, but the things he says are valid, I think. He just needs to not overkill the commentary. I prefer Tracy Austin; informative and exciting commentary from her that flows with the match play.

-tal-

HSC
What a first game from Tomic. I thought he was stuffing early and was headed for a 3 set loss. I turn it off for 15 mins and it's already 5-2.

*sigh* He might actually win...

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
.... or not. Just beaten by a more experienced player who made less mistakes in crucial situations. As you would expect.

I think by next year or two he will have bulked up sufficiently and should be competitive. Conveniently right about the time Hewitt retires.

Roy9

HSC
Dokic cries too much. She needs to put some cement in her Weetbix and harden the f**k up.

suzlee

HSC
Dokic should let the past be past and brighten up.

Did anyone else hear her interview just before she came onto the court? When the interviewer asked how does she feel to have all these aussie fans on your side cheering for her, she said something like "clearly anna (opponent) is a clear favourite tonight, but I'll try my best".

Mike Larry

HSC
andy murray and dinara safina are my tips.

hantuchova sounds like a sandwich.

akrinis

HSC
Dokic should let the past be past and brighten up.

Did anyone else hear her interview just before she came onto the court? When the interviewer asked how does she feel to have all these aussie fans on your side cheering for her, she said something like "clearly anna (opponent) is a clear favourite tonight, but I'll try my best".

Yeah I thought that sounded odd; I think she meant Anna was the one that was expected to win = favorite. Usually when players say favorite they mean the higher ranked player, not necessarily the crowd favorite.

We have to remember that depression is not an easy thing to overcome. Anyone who can relate to Dokic can understand how difficult of a time it must have been for her, so I think she has reason to be nervous and emotional in her matches. But, you know, she's trying; you can tell her frame of mind is different to how it was in the past, when she was with her father. She's showing a positive attitude. Hope she wins her next match and goes to round 4.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Nadal is ripping his opponents with his muscles ;) but i still want Federer to win his my favourite player.

go dokic and stosur !!! come on!!!

i can't wait to see marat safin take on roger federer .. i only wished that they played each other later in the tournament because i want to see marat safin do well in his last year.. :((

doesn't look like it's going to happen here at the australian open.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wow, massive upset by Suarez Navarro to beat Venus. She reminds me of Justine Henin.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
yess i was watching that too..

i was impressed with her first serve in that last game .... of the deciding set.. simply wow

big upset

Hypermelon

HSC
wow @ the little ripper from Spain :) No.46 beating No.6 who was more than 20cm taller than her

Can't wait for the Federer Safin match tomorrow night. I always love it when they play each other. and i also can't wait till the finals. going to be some good match ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)