• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (3 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
You're both welcome to refrain from the speculation game if you like but in doing so you forego the right to be a smartarse afterwards.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's just pointless Lentern. Once the election date is called and the parties start shaping their message around the events (long and short term), go for it. Imo the final week is really the only time you can make sensible calculations. Until then, there are just too many variables to intelligently weigh

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
I think the Greens are one of those aspirational parties that people love to say that they support around the dinnertable, but when the nitty gritty of election time comes, they realise they stand for nothing vastly beneficial and change their vote to Labor, under the assumption that their preferences are just going to flow there anyway.
Sorry, doesn't hold water when they've got the balance of power in the Senate and Labour has to negotiate with them to pass any bills.

Iron: not really. It's all but a given that the Greens will win/hold 4 seats next election. The speculation comes into any seats after that.

Lentern

HSC
It's just pointless Lentern. Once the election date is called and the parties start shaping their message around the events (long and short term), go for it. Imo the final week is really the only time you can make sensible calculations. Until then, there are just too many variables to intelligently weigh
Really? The last week makes or breaks the campaign? Ok I'll offer you twenty to one odds of NSW labor being re-elected at the next election? Seeing as predictions this far out are just a random lottery then surely thats a good deal Iron? I

The only major election in the past twenty years that was decided primarilly in the actual campaign was 2001. The campaign did play a big role in QLD I'll concede but were we evaluating the campaign exclusively then Bligh would have swept to a landslide. But I think it's safe to say there won't be a 9-11 and a children overboard in every major election in Australia.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
In other news, My former school principal ran in the last federal election.

I'm still in shock she got around 4000 votes...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Really? The last week makes or breaks the campaign? Ok I'll offer you twenty to one odds of NSW labor being re-elected at the next election? Seeing as predictions this far out are just a random lottery then surely thats a good deal Iron? I

The only major election in the past twenty years that was decided primarilly in the actual campaign was 2001. The campaign did play a big role in QLD I'll concede but were we evaluating the campaign exclusively then Bligh would have swept to a landslide. But I think it's safe to say there won't be a 9-11 and a children overboard in every major election in Australia.
Lentern "safely predicts" no event like 9/11 or boat-people will occur before the next federal election! Amazing! The whole point is that you dont know what events will occur, or what events the electorate will choose to care about in the short time before they head to the booth. Politicians try to tell them what to care about and this has varying success

You can make predictions on what the result may be, based on everything we know today and with the assumption that little will change in-between, but this is hardly useful so far out.

I dont place much faith in polls. The reality is that there's very little science behind modern democratic politics. It's emotional, like the market, like every man-made institution

Lentern

HSC
Lentern "safely predicts" no event like 9/11 or boat-people will occur before the next federal election! Amazing! The whole point is that you dont know what events will occur, or what events the electorate will choose to care about in the short time before they head to the booth. Politicians try to tell them what to care about and this has varying success

You can make predictions on what the result may be, based on everything we know today and with the assumption that little will change in-between, but this is hardly useful so far out.

I dont place much faith in polls. The reality is that there's very little science behind modern democratic politics. It's emotional, like the market, like every man-made institution
Lentern confidently expects that once in a lifetime events will only happen once in a lifetime, shock horror.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because there were no living witnesses to terrorist attacks and no sensitivities to immigration before these things

Yes, I conceed
Youre amazing!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lentern confidently expects that once in a lifetime events will only happen once in a lifetime, shock horror.
Were they really once in a lifetime things though? Like, be reasonable. Once in a lifetime, sure - if you've got the lifespan of a male mouse spider. After sex, start counting back from 10 ............... now

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
I'm with Iron. The voting tendencies of the electorate in Australia are far different at the this point of the electoral cycle. Australians are generally not all that engaged in politics until the reality arrives that a decision must be made.

Lentern

HSC
Were they really once in a lifetime things though? Like, be reasonable. Once in a lifetime, sure - if you've got the lifespan of a male mouse spider. After sex, start counting back from 10 ............... now
How many times have you seen skyscraper landmarks taken out in a major western city in your lifetime whilst your own country was heavilly debating the issue of border control and national security?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Don't say that. You'll freak out zstar and launch him on another conspiracy theorist tirade about it.

EDIT: lol conspiracy theorists: FSTDT Top 100
LOL.

How the heck do you find all these websites, what do you type in your search query?

Conspiracy website said:
What the FDA doesn't want you to know

Recently, I've been working on a cure to cancer. I heard something about battery acid killing bacteria, and I have a family member with cancer, so I looked into it.

My research lead me to the onion. The onion is full of sodium trioxide, which when combined with water, creates sulfuric acid, hence the burning eyes. I've been eating a 1/4 of a raw onion each morning, washing it down with water with a teaspoon of salt, with astounding affects. This produces natural hydrochloric acid in our stomach, the key to proper digestion.

I went on a health forum site to discuss my find. This was this morning. They have already removed my thread, and I'm not allowed to post anymore, without any explanation, even though I emailed them and asked why.

My website explains my theory more, and has an interesting link about similar stuff happening to others. I think the government, tied directly with the medical industry, is keeping us sick and taking our money.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I actually found the sister site, Fundies Say The Darndest Things first, and there was a link on that to the Conspiracy Theorists Say The Darndest Things. There's also Racists Say The Darndest Things too.
My favourite theory was this one. The last line made me absolutely piss myself laughing:
ok we have 6 days until my Presidential Assasination.

Yes, I have decided I will assasinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well, has a loving although controlling wife and two cute daughters. But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this. And I'm not racist either, my family is a little, but isn't all Italian and european families? I mean how many times have you heard the word nigger in the comforts of your home? I have a lot, and it really bothered me and I would confront them about it. No, it's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways. How many of you Obama supporters are now disappointed after some of his arm-twisted Jewish appointee decisions??? Make's you think he's not really in charge(which he isn't). No it's the same old, same old filthy muther-fucking kikes who are poisoning America, who have murdered thousands of innocent lives on 9-11-01, and are thinking that they are going to get away with it again.

Barack, I view more as a sacrificial lamb, but the sacrifice MUST take place. He had good intentions, but like the Steve Taylor song goes, "a politician next door, swore, he'd set the Washington arena on fire, thinks he'll gladiate them, but they're gonna make him a liar."

So, I'm stuck here in Mississippi, and I'll need bus fare or some way of getting to Washington. I don't own a gun, so maybe someone can give me one. And I'll need a leak in the secret service to get a close up shot, somewhere close to the podium, since I've never fired a gun, so I need to get an easy shot off. Wattdysay fellas? Any help?

You all know we can't live with the jewscum anylonger, dont cha? You got a better solution? I'm all ears.

Stevie

(Note: This man was reported by an admin and arrested by the secret service)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I actually found the sister site, Fundies Say The Darndest Things first, and there was a link on that to the Conspiracy Theorists Say The Darndest Things. There's also Racists Say The Darndest Things too.
My favourite theory was this one. The last line made me absolutely piss myself laughing:
loll

"You must spread some reputation around"

I love "my" nutjobs scientific prowess.

The onion is full of sodium trioxide, which when combined with water, creates sulfuric acid]
NaO3 + H20 = H2SO4 ????????

Then:

I think the government, tied directly with the medical industry, is keeping us sick and taking our money.

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
loll

"You must spread some reputation around"

I love "my" nutjobs scientific prowess.

NaO3 + H20 = H2SO4 ????????

Then:
I didn't even bother investigating the science. I just assumed he was wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Tony Jones mustve been powerful good lookin during his uni years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)