Australian Science Olympiads (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Re: Science Olympiads

Yeah, it is a bit. I gave up on it within a few months last year.

HSC
N/A

LottoX said:
I read a couple and started to cry. I hope I know more about Science after I graduate, or else you're all going to be doctored by dropkicks.
Oh really, really cry? I must say, they are most perplexing, and I think I would break down mid-way; I'm particularly referring to the Biology one - not that it's that hard or anything - because I found the Physics and Chemistry ones relatively not-as-disconcerting, and I don't quite have similar fervor for it as I do for the other two sciences.

Drop kick? Oh, some Aussie slang that I had to load Urban Dictionary for. I envy your idiolect, LottoX.

PrettyVacant

HSC

Lucid Scintilla said:
Oh really, really cry? I must say, they are most perplexing, and I think I would break down mid-way; I'm particularly referring to the Biology one - not that it's that hard or anything - because I found the Physics and Chemistry ones relatively not-as-disconcerting, and I don't quite have similar fervor for it as I do for the other two sciences.

Drop kick? Oh, some Aussie slang that I had to load Urban Dictionary for. I envy your idiolect, LottoX.
<3 Yeah, real men cry!

Biology's the easiest one, in my opinion. Chemistry is disconcerting to the max. =(

HSC
N/A

PrettyVacant said:
<3 Yeah, real men cry!
I hope that you have not misconstrued what I said, or implied, as that they don't; it's actually more masculine to not repress one's emotions and express them through anger, a 'cover emotion'.:) Psychology says.

In short: real men cry.
Biology's the easiest one, in my opinion. Chemistry is disconcerting to the max. =(
Hm, yeh, the Chem looks a bit hard.
It looks like Sydney Boys' High School won't be having a Chemistry ASO team this year that will progress, let alone be chosen. Maybe the tutored guys, but then again, they're futile without it and effectively the same.

Phys, however, looks far too straightforward; something is obviously wrong.
Gwaah, the excessive maths would make me cry, though...

Okay, now I know why Phys looks silly. The school has already done a fair deal of this stuff in lower grades.

HSC
N/A

PrettyVacant said:
I see what you did there.
Yes, of course you do. Que?
Alternatively, we say that Lucid would break down. Frimeuse.

Okay, This page is intentionally left blank for rough working x 2.
Not enough probably.:(

PrettyVacant

HSC

I only saw it because I like to highlight things with my mouse as I'm reading because I'm retarded like that.

HSC
N/A

You're not retarded like that.
I now have unofficial physics training. What messes with my timetabling and time management is that goddamned extracurricular bullshit I do; public speaking.

PrettyVacant

HSC

Lucid Scintilla said:
You're not retarded like that.
I now have unofficial physics training. What messes with my timetabling and time management is that goddamned extracurricular bullshit I do; public speaking.
I did Public Speaking last year.

It was pretty crap, what sort of PS stuff do you do?

HSC
N/A

Right now, I'm preparing for the Rostrum Australia thing. I did a gamut of activities in Year 7, including Debating and Public Speaking, then didn't give a shit about extra-curricular matters, partially because by then, I hated the school which I attended, and still attend; I wasn't that naive; and it was all bullcrapMAX.

Right now, I'm only doing this for what it is, can be, and something similar to your "Certificates for Service to the School".

The question that I'm working on right now is: "The scourge of illicit drugs".

Not moot: That is why I am going to do the ASO.

PrettyVacant

HSC

Lucid Scintilla said:
Right now, I'm preparing for the Rostrum Australia thing. I did a gamut of activities in Year 7, including Debating and Public Speaking, then didn't give a shit about extra-curricular matters, partially because by then, I hated the school which I attended, and still attend; I wasn't that naive; and it was all bullcrapMAX.

Right now, I'm only doing this for what it is, can be, and something similar to your "Certificates for Service to the School".

The question that I'm working on right now is: "The scourge of illicit drugs".
;) Oh, my "services" to the "school".

Believe me, I'm sure it's nothing like that!

HSC
N/A

PrettyVacant said:
;) Oh, my "services" to the "school".

Believe me, I'm sure it's nothing like that!
I'm sorry, but English isn't my native; I don't have a native language - I prefer not talking, but if I must, English is.
So, anyway, what does this mean? I don't quite understand the possible in-jokes and all this italicised text. Please, do explain, thanks.

PrettyVacant

HSC

Sorry, it was just me being idiotic. I actually didn't do anything.

HSC
N/A

No, no, don't apologize. What exactly were your intentions; were you aiming to elicit a certain set of responses?

PrettyVacant

HSC

LottoX said:
She was wondering if "services to the school" was a euphemism for something far more sinister. Right?
;) Yeah

z600

Sigh.....
HSC

I am doing physics....and its bloody hard

HSC
N/A

z600 said:
I am doing physics....and its bloody hard
Have any problems? Just ask, then. I'm not too sure I can speak for the rest, but I'm fairly sure that we'd be more than happy to help you.

So, what do we think about the past exams? PrettyVacant thinks that it's, in terms of easiness: Bio > Physics >>> Chem.
vulgarfraction is: Physics >>> Chem.
z600: Physics :: hard.
Myself: Physics = Chem; Phys >> Bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)