• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian tour of India 2004 (1 Viewer)

how u doin?

HSC
good win to Australia. i hope Sachin comes back soon, so when Australia wins they can say they beat the best.

So if Ponting comes back for the third test, what would u do wiht the middle order?

i reckon Clarke will get dropped. Tough, but it'll happen.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
No-one really deserves to lose their spots but it'll be Clarkey.

For all the Marto bashing that goes on, he's a class batsman, possibly my favourite Aussie bat ever. He scored the best ton I've seen in Sri Lanka earlier this year and played Murali awesomely. He'll get through this series fine.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
marto was a fluke in sri lanka and im still wondering how he managed to score so much. but marto played better than boofa and that means boofa will be goooone.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Martyn is all class. He'll be in the runs soon enough this series. I would've thought the subcontinent would suit his style. Lehmann might not last due to his age but all in all I'd have Clarke wait in the wings a bit longer once Punter comes back the others deserve to be there.

Originally posted by owhenthesaints
The Sehwag decision was ridiculous. If he had stayed in who knows what could have happened anything was possible. But it's India's fault, absolutely collapsed like they tend to do way too often. When Australia is batting noone looks like getting out, but when India is in you're just waiting for the next wicket. Need Tendulkar badly, apparently he probably won't play a test at all???
Sehwags decision was pretty disgraceful and so was the Pathan one in the first innings and Chopra's LB looked like it was goinmiles down legside. Australia did outplay India for the better part of this match but these decisions both came at shocking times for India, Pathan's when they were building a good partnership and making us sweat a bit and Sehwag/Chopra decisions right at the start of the Indian runchase pretty much crippled their batting line-up.

We did great but there was enough today to suggest India will be right back in it at Chennai and will be very up for it. I'm loving this series so far.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
well i think that symonds is a test class player...... but the thing is that he is good but batsmen like clarke and katich are better. He just has to wait for his chances

HSC
HeCtic said:
We did great but there was enough today to suggest India will be right back in it at Chennai and will be very up for it. I'm loving this series so far.
Yeah I agree. How good is Pathan! And the Turbanator hahaha fuck he makes me laugh. I dunno how well India will be able to fight back though... they had some bad luck this test but batsmen are so out of form. Australia are looking pretty good. Series is awesome it's only going to get better, just hope Tendulkar can play.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Banglore wicket

Hey what do u guy think about the pitch tamperings by the indian grounds men .......still didn't work for india did it.
looking at the history of indian cricket this has happened before

I reckon this series has Australia name written all over it

HSC
I wouldn't exactly call it pitch tamperings. The wickets are always going to be prepared to favour the home side, and I'm sure the Australians were expecting it. The umpiring didn't help them either. I'll be supporting India and hoping they can pull it out but yes, I agree, Australia are definitely looking likely winners.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
pitch was pretty good in the end...

martyn scored so much because... guess what? ...he's a good batsman.. he just doesnt gets noticed because of hayden, ponting, steve waugh, gilchrist.... also lehman is getting on a bit, so despite the unfairness of it, he should be dropped. The only thing that can save him is his offspinners... but clark has a fiver in ODIs and katich's chinamen has got him 10 wkts in sheffield shields

turbanator... lol shocking name... but he was the most threatening indian bowler this test, while his day 1 performance was completely shithouse, in the remaining 3 days he did great... australia needs to stop him if they are to continue winning

HSC
Yeah I agree Lehmann should go. Don't like Martyn for some reason, but I admit he's a pretty good bat. Not too fun to watch but can usually hang around.

Lol The Turbanator. He's quite a character. He actually batted quite well today, he's calmed down alot. Last time I watched him bat an innings in a test match I distinctly remember him deadset airborn to attempt a pull shot off a bouncer. He's usually fucken crazy and just swings wildly at everything. He's a bloody good bowler and will cause the Australians lots of problems. Just think Australia has too much depth and most importantly CONSISTENCY in their batting for India. India are definitely capable on their day though.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
hey there is no doubt that the bowlers are doing good so far for india and after a long time it can be said that india's bowling is better than their bating so far....even history shows it that india win because of batting, for them to have chance of winning they have to concentrate on their batting
recently i have heard people saying that pathan is the next Wasim Akram? i think so to by looking at how he has batted..... what do u think

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
In the papers today, Lehmann said that he would step aside for Clarke................good on ya boof..........

ahmad

HSC
N/A
by the way how good do u think lehmann is..... ultimately the difference i see is that pathan is only young and aynthing can still happen with is career while sachin and lehmann are equal on the experience section of their game.....so at this point in time i think they are not comparable

ahmad

HSC
N/A
lehmann has to go one day or another might as well be it now......but then again i think he going to rush his decision

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Kumble :( :( :( :( :(

Fark, this pitch isnt as bad as we made it look. If we don't roll em tommorow then facing Kumble and Harbhajan on a pitch with more turn and uneven bounce than this while being majorly behind is very scary.

Well done to Warnie for equalling the World Record hope he can storm ahead tommorow.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
hey its good for the game.........i say keep it up

congrats warne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)