Australia's 2010 World Cup Qualifying Campaign (4 Viewers)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shitkovich should fuck off back to derby county. or melbourne.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
That really wasn't the point though, the fifa ranking was just the first thing to pop into my head. Though i think in Australia the ranking has more importance then elsewhre as it's an indicator to people who dont really follow football where we are at and how we are improving.
From some of the ppl posting in thread alone I can see where you're coming from anyway. Douchebags on the internet everywhere. FIFA ranking clearly makes them proud. Australia is the highest ranked country in the AFC. However we aren't Asian Champions though.

To be honest, Australia under Verbeek has never really lived up to expectations. I wonder how long until we can go back to the level we were while under Hiddink. I don't think there's any coach in the world like Hiddink, that man is simply amazing. Look at Russia now, they've gone from football wilderness to world beaters.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Verbeek's tactics are questionable. Can't really see us going past group stages for world cup atm, that's if we even qualify.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
lol at the matilda on foxsports news just then

"i thought the game was great to watch"

Then the host pwned her.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
the draw for the 4th stage is tonight, fuck i hope we get a shit group.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh nice! what time, and can we watch it live anywhere?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
has anyone found a site streaming fox sports at that time?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Awesome draw, compared to the other group.

Group A
Australia
Japan
Qatar
Bahrain
Uzbekistan
:D

Group B
South Korea
Iran
Saudi Arabia
DPR Korea
UAE

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Uzbekistan is playing incredibly well right now. Japan will obviously be tough (although it's great that it's becoming a rivarly - World Cup, AFC Cup, WC Qualifying). Qatar and Bahrain will be easy though.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
stazi said:
Uzbekistan is playing incredibly well right now. Japan will obviously be tough (although it's great that it's becoming a rivarly - World Cup, AFC Cup, WC Qualifying). Qatar and Bahrain will be easy though.
I'm just glad we didn't get Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iran are a great team and playing in Saudi Arabia would be extremely difficult.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
MD 1: September 6, 2008 - bye

MD 2: September 10, 2008 - Away to Uzbekistan

MD 3: October 15, 2008 - Home to Qatar

MD 4: November 19, 2008 - Away to Bahrain

MD 5: February 11, 2009 - Away to Japan

MD 6: March 28, 2009 - bye

MD 7: April 1, 2009 - Home to Uzbekistan

MD 8: June 6, 2009 - Away to Qatar

MD 9: June 10, 2009 - Home to Bahrain

MD 10: June 17, 2009 - Home to Japan

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ahhhh fuck :( i wont get to see any qualifying matches apart from the qatar one. that's really crap. grrr.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
fuck, the group is exactly what we wanted and the draw is awesome. they play all the home games at the end which will be a huge advantage for us. but as stas said uzbekistan played brilliantly in stage three of qualifying so that will be quite a challenge for us. for me australia will finish in the top 3 of that group, either directly qualifying or playing off against the 3rd place finisher of group b and play against the winner of oceania.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lolz I'm quite shocked at brazil's performance. They're only in 5th place only having won 2/6 matches

blakegman

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
is it possible for brazil not to qualify
OF course it's possible. They don't have some divineright to play at the finals just because they've won it a few times.

Atm they are playing very shit, that said they will probably pick up their game and end up making it. Lucky they werent this bad last world cup, Australia V Brazil instead of Uruguay would have been bad.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
It's pretty rough over there but the people involved are a bit too high profile to go missing like that guy did after he missed a penalty for Columbia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)