Australia's 2010 World Cup Qualifying Campaign (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
he got assasinated right outside his home - thats not missing

and it was all over the news and man hunts etc...or was that some other player?

I know the Iraqi team ages back had their feet whipped when they didnt go to the World Cup

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
he got assasinated right outside his home - thats not missing

and it was all over the news and man hunts etc...or was that some other player?

I know the Iraqi team ages back had their feet whipped when they didnt go to the World Cup
I don't know a lot about it. I've only heard it as a pub story when soccer was on tv.

Your probably right.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahaha more like lol at the commentator: gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

and yeah, i remember that own goal, which is what made the player get assassinated

then again, we also must remember that a lot has changed in 14 years. My penis got larger, for starters

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Yeah thats who i was thinking of.

I knew it was an own goal or missed penalty or something embarrassing.

Poor guy didn't really deserve to die for it though.

-Anfernee-

HSC
stazi said:
that a lot has changed in 14 years. My penis got larger, for starters

That's something your mother noticed and capitalised on. ( read: she sucked you off to sleep everynight).

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
That's something your mother noticed and capitalised on. ( read: she sucked you off to sleep everynight).
I re-read that exactly 11 times. I tried, but I couldn't find anything to give a lol.

I really honestly tried.

-Anfernee-

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
I re-read that exactly 11 times. I tried, but I couldn't find anything to give a lol.

I really honestly tried.
wow, what a loser. You've been here since 2003 and you re-read posts that you don't find funny 11 times.

I think it's time for you to get a life.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
wow, what a loser. You've been here since 2003 and you re-read posts that you don't find funny 11 times.

I think it's time for you to get a life.
I know I am hey.

Massive, massive loser.

samwell

HSC
blakegman said:
Of he was black, he'd be dead from AIDS by now anyway so no point in wasting a bullet.
Thats freaking slack. The colombian guy who got killed in 1994(Andres Escobar) had the latino look actually but he was mostly light skinned.

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
ok well the socceroos game against south africa was decent, 1st half was a much better performance than the 2nd, although that had to do with the number of substitutions made at half time.

holland this saturday, will be a good warm up for the qualifiers. i will be out drinking on next thursday morning at 1 am watching the game. anyone else made plans to go out and watch this?

Peartie

HSC
Australia just beat the Dutch 2-1

Kewell scored a penalty in the 45th and Kennedy scored in the 76th

The dutch keeper brought down Kennedy in the 45th leading to him being sent off and Kewell scoring the penalty...i didnt see the game though - how was it?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Australia vs Uzbekistan tonite @ 1.30am

Socceroos ready for Uzbeks
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Australia kick off their World Cup qualifying campaign on Thursday (AEST) looking to build on the historic friendly 2-1 victory over the Netherlands.

The Socceroos did it the hard way on the weekend coming from behind thanks to goals from Harry Kewell and Josh Kennedy, to record the best possible fillip ahead of the tricky Uzbekistan tie.

It was a result that delighted Australia's Dutch coach Pim Verbeek.

"We're very pleased with the result, but I'm more pleased with the organisation, the way they played, especially in the first half," he said.

"It's not about the result today because it's all about the result on Wednesday."

Meanwhile Uzbekistan, the strongest side among the former Soviet republics in the Asian Football Confederation, suffered a shock 3-0 defeat in their World Cup qualifying opener against Qatar.

That result leaves them seeking a must-win position ahead of the match against the top seeds in their group.

But the Central Asians, who won the Asian title in 1994, still believe they are capable of claiming one of the group's two automatic qualifying berths.

"It will be really tough to battle against strong rivals in the fourth qualifying round," said Uzbekistan coach Rauf Inliev, who last year was named Asian Coach of the Year.

"But we're not going to be just points suppliers. We are serious. We have firm intention to gain a pass into the World Cup finals and we will do our best to fulfill our task."

The Uzbeki team leaders confirmed their manager's intentions saying they were ready for a serious battle for a place in the 2010 World Cup finals.

"I believe we still can achieve a success," Uzbekistan's team's first-line goalkeeper Ignaty Nesterov said. "We all will do everything depending on us to reach the World Cup finals."

"We set up a goal that we all want to achieve," the team's playmaker Server Dzheparov added. "It's a pride to play in the World Cup finals and we all want to be proud of ourselves."

On Thursday Uzbekistan, who missed all three of their previous attempts to reach the World Cup finals, would likely form a full-strength squad spearheaded by their top striker Maxim Shatskikh, Dynamo Kiev marksman.

Dzheparov, the skipper of country's flagship side Bunyodkor (former Kuruvchi) also in-form, would likely serve creative duties in the central areas, while Hayrulla Karimov and Ilkhom Suyunov would form the backbone of defence, conducted by 'keeper Nesterov.

Bunyodkor, who recently signed Brazilian veteran star Rivaldo, are financially backed by the joint Uzbeki-Swiss oil-gas giant Zeromax.

In domestic league they are challenged by the country's oldest side Pakhtakor, who represented Uzbekistan in the Soviet league and Neftchi Fergana.

Meanwhile, Uzbeki football federation president Mirabor Usmanov tried to boost his team's morale announcing cash incentives for the national side.

The official said that the team would get 300 million sums ($A367,780) for every win at the World Cup fourth qualifying stage, adding that the players would receive very pleasant surprise if they clinch a pass to the World Cup finals.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
1-0 lead at half time. been a bit edgy at times but defence seems to have it covered. great header from chipperfield. and fucking bresciano can't believe he fucked that chance up right at the end.. omg shouldve been points sealed.

spiny norman

HSC
Chipperfield's having an excellent game. I have been wondering why his absence from other outings.

Holman is the worst player Australia has ever had. Why is he still getting a run, when people like Josh Kennedy are left on the bench? Ludicrous.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
spiny norman said:
Chipperfield's having an excellent game. I have been wondering why his absence from other outings.

Emerton is the worst player Australia has ever had. Why is he still getting a run, when people like Josh Kennedy are left on the bench? Ludicrous.
fixed

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
spiny norman said:

Holman is the worst player Australia has ever had. Why is he still getting a run, when people like Josh Kennedy are left on the bench? Ludicrous.
Jacob Burns :eek:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Pretty good game, gave me a few heart attacks in the second half but glad we got up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)