Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and Russia may still go through. Everything rests on them either drawing 2-2 or winning

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Argentina have already qualified, and their defence ain't at their best recently, also missin my beloved Heinze, I expect Uruguay to get up and seal the 5th spot.

Australia will again have a tough task, seein that most of our first team aren't playin regularly at club level, I can't really see how we can get to the WC. But you can never write off Guus.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
David Moyes goes on and on about how Cahill needs a rest, even witholding him from the training camp, yet continue to give him 90 minutes every week (except around an hour against the Arse).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Argentina have already qualified, and their defence ain't at their best recently, also missin my beloved Heinze, I expect Uruguay to get up and seal the 5th spot.

Australia will again have a tough task, seein that most of our first team aren't playin regularly at club level, I can't really see how we can get to the WC. But you can never write off Guus.
i thank you for writing a constructive post, without feeling the urge to put Zs at the end of every word.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
David Moyes goes on and on about how Cahill needs a rest, even witholding him from the training camp, yet continue to give him 90 minutes every week (except around an hour against the Arse).
Wit Everton goin so shit, and Cahill bein the man who orchestrated their rise to 4th last season, you can prob understand the reason why he won't let Cahill attend the camp. Not good fo Australia of courz. I just hope he can hit top form by November.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Australia are playing a 3-4-3 formation, I'm really not sure it'll pay off.
Cahill is on bench, and there is no Kewell

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jamaica really iz playin quite poorly, itz quite understandable considerin the state of football affairz in the country. What happened to Kevin Lisby...? I remember him scorin a great goal against Liverpool some time ago. The Jamaican keeper iz havin a shocker, I thought he waz at fault fo the first goal, and he dropped a simple catch and let Viduka had a shot on goal.

Good performance by the Aussiez, Thwaite really impressed me in defence. If we can play that like, and the squad iz at full strength, I'm startin to believe in our chancez.

T

timbk2

Thwaite is looking really good.. .. archie's goal and culinas pass was perfect.. and brecianos goal was gold.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Now it's 4-0, goal to Aloisi. Jamaican defence is terrible

Numero Uno

HSC
bah .. crap opposition ..

.. looks like Uruguay are our oppenents again .. at home uruguay are very strong im expecting them to get a result against argentina
chile and coloumbia, i doubt theyll make it thru columbia screwed it this morning .. chile ... was getting dominated .. dont look like a contendor .

geez i hate thompson .. do nething againt uruguay , and montero will destroy u .

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
not the best lead up to a suddendeath qualifier against the south americans...

edit: 5-0 now... lol

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahah what/ you mean australia is playing now? what channel? who against

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh found it. that's hillarious. well jamaica didnt even make it to the last stage of the us/carribean qualifiers.

Jimmy_B

HSC
gawd, and jamaica are ranked nine places higher than us by FIFA. fucks sake they looked as bad as the solomons did.

whoever we play will be leagues above today, but that said our overall performance and the manner in which we played was superb.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I think a better strategic choice for Australia would be to have another game in a week, and lose it badly. The 5th place S.A. team would be feeling very comfortable - even relaxing a bit. Then bang. Australia counters with some dazzling play.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
also, does anyone know aprox when the game will be played? what date was it last qual period?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)