Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

johnny_87

HSC
No Muscat and Moore.

Moore's injured but I thought Muscat would have at least made the squad

DPW

HSC
i thought we needed Muscat for the Away leg as a bit of an 'enforcer' to try to get some of the Uruguayans suspended. Remember a few of our defenders are 1 yellow away from suspension too so I think Guss has made the wrong decision here.

DANE

johnny_87

HSC
As do I, but one mustn't forget how good a coach he is. I just hope he's right.

Does anyone know how long Guus will stay on if we make it?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmm...i dont think he made any real mistakes in the team. Muscat is a hard tackler, but Guus is a smart man and would've looked the positives and negatives of having muscat there...

i trust him

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
That's a strong squad.

Fuck Muscat - I've always hated him.

johnny_87

HSC
Our players on yellows:

Cahill
Emerton
Kalac
Neill
Aloisi
Grella
Bresciano

If they survive the first leg but receive a yellow in the second, they don't miss the first World Cup game do they? Surely it only applies to the qualifying rounds

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anyone catch any of the game Pool played against Palace the other day? Liverpool lost, but Kewell was very good. If he continues to play off the rust at this rate, I think he'll be starting the return game.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Anyone catch any of the game Pool played against Palace the other day? Liverpool lost, but Kewell was very good. If he continues to play off the rust at this rate, I think he'll be starting the return game.

I heard he didnt play well, but I didnt catch the game, so I'm not sure.

How many yellows do you need to be suspended? Suspension for only two yellows sounds a bit suss.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Apparently he was the Reds' MOTM...but then again, besides Stevie G the others did play pretty poorly :rolleyes:

Jimmy_B

HSC
don't we have asian cup qualifiers early next year? if so, then they'll miss one of those games hopefully.

should we qualify, that is.....

aek

Banned
HSC
Montevid. Uruguay 2 - Australia 0

Syd. Uruguay 2 - Australia 2

Uruguay goes through easily . .

stazi

Nightman
HSC
aek said:
Montevid. Uruguay 2 - Australia 0

Syd. Uruguay 2 - Australia 2

Uruguay goes through easily . .
Worst prediction ever. More realistic would be 1-0;1-1. Uruguay and Australia don't have the ability to score 4 goals in one game (especialyl uruguay away). They would be playing massively deffensive football.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Australia will be sure to get a goal away.

Considering the problems with unavailable players for both sides, I'm gonna go out on a limb and speak through my heart and say Australia will keep a clean sheet (we have Guus nowadays, remember?) at home.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah, a clean sheet at home is rather possible. however, scoring in uruguay isn't as likely.
If we can go 0-0 at uruguay, it'd be amazing. I will be celebrating like i've never celebrated before.

^___^
HSC
i reckon aussie will lose 1-0 away. Uruguay is pretty experience and even if a few good players are suspended/injuried, they can still manage to play good football and Guus will not allow any free flowing football to be played away, he would want his defence and midfield to be as tight as possible

however, i do believe australia will prevail in the home leg and win like 2 - 0

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Australia will get through it on heart alone. Thew newfound respect for the coach amongst the players means a hellova lot too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)