Autumn Results 2006 (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yes just as i expected 2 days ago... 3 Ps and a C.

time to PARTAY!!!!!!!!

L

LaraB

Man.. ecstatic!! :)

Contracts - D - barely! phew! 75
Managing Diversity - HD - just! 85
International Human Resource Management - D - 77
Management Foundations D - 83

Angry at MF coz that shoulda been an easy HD... ah well... silly essay messing it up for me lol... frustrating coz it was so close... 35.5/40 in the exam that means... ah well - happy yay :)

Woot my GPA is almost at 6... 5.917 :)

Well done peoples :) most of you sound happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiK

HSC
N/A
Statistics for Business = HD
Management Foundations = HD
Fundamentals of Mkt Research = D
Marketing Communications = D

.........really really disapointed with Mkt Research mark:burn:

Kulazzi

HSC
:eek: you guys are doing very well compared to us first years.......anyways, I wish my GPA could increase.........

greatly......

L

LaraB

Kulazzi said:
:eek: you guys are doing very well compared to us first years.......anyways, I wish my GPA could increase.........

greatly......

lol it will if you keep doing as well as you are :)

Coz like... 1st semester 1st year, my GPA was 5.25.... then next semester i actually did my work lol and it went up to 5.75... and now it's gone up again to 5.917... Coz seems like most people do better after their first semester coz it's kinda when you're still figuring everything out so don't worry :)

Kulazzi

HSC
LaraB said:
lol it will if you keep doing as well as you are :)

Coz like... 1st semester 1st year, my GPA was 5.25.... then next semester i actually did my work lol and it went up to 5.75... and now it's gone up again to 5.917... Coz seems like most people do better after their first semester coz it's kinda when you're still figuring everything out so don't worry :)
:( It's lower than what you got as a first year student. Anyways, hopefully it will increase. I sincerely hope.

dude01

HSC
I'm pretty fucken happy!

200046 Microeconomics 76 DISTINCTION
200101 Accounting Information for Managers 50 PASS
200184 Introduction to Business Law 66 CREDIT
MG102A Management Foundations 89 HIGH DISTINCTION

My GPA was 5.5, does that mean I can use that guranteed internal course transfer thing? Is it too late to transfer courses for semester two?

Jacks

HSC
Ok, I got 3 Ds and a C like I thought....two 77s an 82 and a 72. I was hoping for a HD...ahhh they always elude me by a couple of marks!!

Congrats everyone!

And Shell if the subject you failed is a core then yes you'll have to enrol in it again. Let me know what you are currently enrolled in and I'll help you figure out your subjects. :)

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
I'm pretty fucken happy!

200046 Microeconomics 76 DISTINCTION
200101 Accounting Information for Managers 50 PASS
200184 Introduction to Business Law 66 CREDIT
MG102A Management Foundations 89 HIGH DISTINCTION

My GPA was 5.5, does that mean I can use that guranteed internal course transfer thing? Is it too late to transfer courses for semester two?
Congrats! you can !:) you only needed a GPA of 5 for it so call the student centre to ask them ASAP as far as if it's too late or not

L

LaraB

Kulazzi said:
:( It's lower than what you got as a first year student. Anyways, hopefully it will increase. I sincerely hope.
Aww i'm sure it will :) I mean, now you know how to organise yourself and what the structure is and everything the next semester's assignmenmts and exams will still be just as difficult probably but sooo much less stressful and scary looking so it does get easier:)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Pretty happy with my results.

Introduction to Law 78 DISTINCTION
Torts Law 80 DISTINCTION
Inequality and Human Rights 81 DISTINCTION
Crime and Criminal Justice 76 DISTINCTION

What exactly is your GPA (I know what it stands for) and how is it calculated? Also, is there a maximum GPA that one can achieve?

Last edited:

dude01

HSC
Congrats! you can ! you only needed a GPA of 5 for it so call the student centre to ask them ASAP as far as if it's too late or not
HI LARA! Long time no talk... Looks like you did well too, congrats! I hope they let me transfer! I really want to do law/marketing, I'm gonna call up the student centre today :)

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Pretty happy with my results.

Introduction to Law 78 DISTINCTION
Torts Law 80 DISTINCTION
Inequality and Human Rights 81 DISTINCTION
Crime and Criminal Justice 76 DISTINCTION

What exactly is your GPA (I know what it stands for) and how is it calculated? Also, is there a maximum GPA that one can achieve?
Basically..., the GPA is your "average mark bracket" i guess..

It's calculated like this: Pass is worth 4 points, credit = 5, D = 6, HD = 7 and i think Fail is 0 and conceded pass is 3 or something like that.

So, you got 4 D's so they add up each of your unit's 'value' - so it's 6+6+6+6 which is 24, then they'll divide it by the number of unit's you've done so that's 4

So your GPA will be 6.

It doens'rt matter whether you got say... 75 or 84.. it's still worth the same in a GPA. The WAM (weighted average mark) is what gives you your average 'mark'... i won't explain how that's done coz i'm not sure i've got it quite understood.. but yeah - that's the GPA :) Well done btw :)

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
HI LARA! Long time no talk... Looks like you did well too, congrats! I hope they let me transfer! I really want to do law/marketing, I'm gonna call up the student centre today :)
lol only just noticed it was you! :) They should let you transfer coz you've definitely got the marks to do it :) Might be an idea to go in in person though coz they're sometimes a bit weird over the phone and in person you know who you're talking to and stuff so if they bs you or confuse you you know who to go to to get un-confused :p

= Jennifer =

HSC
Contracts P *sigh* i thought I would do better than this since I had 10 days to study and I actually worked hard for this subject

Managing Diversity HD

IHRM D

Management Foundations D

hYperTrOphY

HSC
LaraB said:
Basically..., the GPA is your "average mark bracket" i guess..

It's calculated like this: Pass is worth 4 points, credit = 5, D = 6, HD = 7 and i think Fail is 0 and conceded pass is 3 or something like that.

So, you got 4 D's so they add up each of your unit's 'value' - so it's 6+6+6+6 which is 24, then they'll divide it by the number of unit's you've done so that's 4

So your GPA will be 6.

It doens'rt matter whether you got say... 75 or 84.. it's still worth the same in a GPA. The WAM (weighted average mark) is what gives you your average 'mark'... i won't explain how that's done coz i'm not sure i've got it quite understood.. but yeah - that's the GPA :) Well done btw :)
Ah k, that makes sense. Thanks!! :) COngrats on ur marks also!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
tubtub said:
statistics for business: pass (thank heavens!)

introductory economics: credit

ARD: pass (thank heavens!)

intro to business law: FAIL....................:(:(:( now what do u do know???????? how do i enrol again???????????

my GPA sucks.............3.250................:cold:
OH MY GOD!! you did almost the exact same as me!!!!!!!! how much does it suck about business law huh?? i hate it!! dont want to repeat :(:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)