aviation (pilot) (1 Viewer)

ST2010

HSC
Hi everyone, :)

i want to do aviation (commercial pilot) in university what is the approx UAI cutoffs around and what yr 11 subjects required and is it hard to get into?? and what are the easiest, quickest and cheapest ways to get in??

thanks

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Ummm do you want to be in aviation or environmental science.. I mean is is necessary to post 2 new topics....

I guess you need physics and Ex1 maths?

HSC
uai is about 80..and i think they also require you to have a first class medical cert...there might also be an interview..

english, advanced maths and physics are recommended

your also looking at about 55k for the flying training which can not paid through hecs-help..
only the theory can which i think is 20k per year ?

cheapest way is just get ur cpl with mecir and go off to the bush :)

ST2010

HSC

xXmuffin0manXx said:
uai is about 80..and i think they also require you to have a first class medical cert...there might also be an interview..

if your doing cadets does it help?
so how do u get this first clss med cert

ST2010

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
what do u mean by cadets
air force cadets dunno if u heard of it.. wat do they want in the interview

HSC
air force cadets wont really hlep you..maybe in the interview and perhaps in the first few stages of flying if ur squadron has taken you flying..

interview if there is one.. i would assume would be based on your passion for aviation..maybe even behavioural..definitely no technica..

ST2010

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:

your also looking at about 55k for the flying training which can not paid through hecs-help..
only the theory can which i think is 20k per year ?

cheapest way is just get ur cpl with mecir and go off to the bush :)
so do you do cpl after u finish your bac of aviation or during it?? do u do it with a private company or wif something else? :O i heard something bout airforce pays for some fees not sure

thankss so much

HSC
ST2010 said:
so do you do cpl after u finish your bac of aviation or during it?? do u do it with a private company or wif something else? :O i heard something bout airforce pays for some fees not sure

thankss so much
umm..if u do the degree at unsw..u complete a cpl with a mecir and all atpl theory subjects..some go on to do an instructors rating..this is in addition to the theory work you do..unsw have their own aircraft a piper warrior or pa31..cant remember..

the airforce if you decide to do that..is really hard to get into..and i would say its about the same amount of competition as future doctor wannabees..they pay for everything and pay u..plus all these other benfits..but u have to do a return of service obligation which is about 14 years..airlines love airforce guys =.=;;

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Mathematics and physics are your subjects not sure on the UAI.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Probably should have put a full stop in that sentence.

Mathematics and physics are the assumed and recommended knowledge for UNSW and assumed knowledge for Uni of Newcastle

And Im not sure on the UAI

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Probably should have put a full stop in that sentence.

Mathematics and physics are the assumed and recommended knowledge for UNSW and assumed knowledge for Uni of Newcastle

And Im not sure on the UAI
uai is about 80..management is about 75..

but mathemetics standard is not accepted by major airlines..

ST2010

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:

ok uai 80 is good.. im doing 3u maths, adv english and physics so that ok too ty:)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:

Im totally uneducated when it comes to aviation but do major airlines really go back and look at your HSC subjects?

JamesTockuss

HSC
Hi

I'm not sure about the university program because I'm not going to do it that way, but as for subjects...

You don't need to do extension maths as everyone says. 2U is fine, especially if you intend on applying at Qantas. For Qantas as well they recommend Physics and maybe another science, as well as Advanced English. The rest is up to you.

And yeh, cadets will definitely help you when you apply - don't listen to what that other guy said. It shows enthusiasm and that's basically what they're looking for. As for UAI wise, I'd be aiming for 85+

Hope that helps man

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Im totally uneducated when it comes to aviation but do major airlines really go back and look at your HSC subjects?
yes..they do..

they require passes in mathematics and physics..

bridging courses are accepted for direct entry..

university degree of any form can be used instead..

buuuttt..i think physics has been dropped has a prereq.

soo u dont need to do it anymore..

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Hi

I'm not sure about the university program because I'm not going to do it that way, but as for subjects...

You don't need to do extension maths as everyone says. 2U is fine, especially if you intend on applying at Qantas. For Qantas as well they recommend Physics and maybe another science, as well as Advanced English. The rest is up to you.

And yeh, cadets will definitely help you when you apply - don't listen to what that other guy said. It shows enthusiasm and that's basically what they're looking for. As for UAI wise, I'd be aiming for 85+

Hope that helps man
wrong..

first..for qantas
physics isnt recommended..
they've dropped it..
update your information buddy :)

and a high uai will kill cadets any day :)
if im not mistaken..cadets is the responsibility of the australian air force..
not casa..

so as i said, it may help you in the interview and the basic stages when you first learn..which you've failed to see

ST2010

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Hi

Hope that helps man
hey thankss but how and when do you apply for quantas ? how much ppl do they take?! :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)