B commerce at Usyd or UNSW (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lukebennett said:
ive always heard that commerce was unsw's thing
It is reputed that UNSW has the best Faculty of Commerce & Economics in the Asia-Pacific region (they have many articles on it on their website)

The School of Accounting at UNSW was recently named the best in the Asia-Pacific region ahead of uni's in Hong Kong, and USyd (again, on article on their website)

You could say i'm biased, but I'm just giving facts that have been published, so I'm not making it up

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
it's always good to go to study something based on reputation and a load of statistics/comparisons. i mean, how else would you decide what to study.

as for which is better - unsw or usyd... locally, i don't think it matters... in asia, unsw prolly has the edge. does it matter which one you go to, not really.

as to the "practical" thingy about accounting, unsw and usyd aren't the only ones doing groupwork/case studies and presentations.

(aside - macq has the best actuarial department/education program in aust... who cares?!)

Lorie

HSC
i'll throw an idea out of left field to make u you think.

Dude have you considered doing commerece the university of Queensland. It's got all the interantional recogination, all the traditions that both UNSW and USyd have. The cut off is just as high (if not higher, i can't remember off the top of my head). It offers the chance to transfer overseas from like over 100 unis all over the world. The course is recoginised by all the professial memberships, such as CPA, charted accountants, taxation institute and so forth.

The uni also has many cool clubs and organisations. I think there was one called the spirts club, where it basically consisted of oub crawls.

anyways just a different idea you should consider, because i got sick of hearing about the silly arguements about UNSW and USyd. Maybe it might be good to do something different, but still have everyhting u are after.

sif not 99

yeah I rate UQ, went there for intervarsity debating last year its a pretty kewl place...

Seraphim dude who do u think you are seriously, i think u must have two d*cks honestly because you couldnt be that silly playing with one... I dont do a management major but just because you dont rate it doesnt mean that other people don't. Your not too cool for school my friend.

You made some other call bagging out the employability of USYD graduates as well. From personal experience I have found that USYD and UNSW rate equally, and as a Sydney student I have not found any difficulty securing useful employ, in fact I am onto my third internship at market leading firms in two years. My own position is let the social factors determine your decision because I am unbiased enough to appreciate that the schools are closely matched.

and ur previous comment, couldnt believe no1 picked u up, on this AASB, it is an accreditation for business schools, wasnt used in the context of accounting standards so your call on the IFRS was rather stupid, go edit your post buddy...

P.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
It's actually AASCB, but ppl tend to shorten it to AASB which confuses individuals like seraphim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)