Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Arts (1 Viewer)

melzii

HSC
el gwapo said:
wow, that was quick. mine took about 2 hours. lines weren't too bad, filling out wasn't too bad, sucks for those people who rocked up and didn't know what to fill out for units. :read: around the website works i tell you.

is it just me or did this course have a lot of female enrollees?
Yeah, lots of females!. I think I only spotted three guys. More males, I say!. Nevertheless, everyone seemed pretty nice :)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
el gwapo said:
wow, that was quick. mine took about 2 hours. lines weren't too bad, filling out wasn't too bad, sucks for those people who rocked up and didn't know what to fill out for units. :read: around the website works i tell you.

is it just me or did this course have a lot of female enrollees?
I think I was that quick because I already listed my Units of Study on a seperate sheet and just copied it. Online handbook ftw. Also, I enrolled in the afternoon due to last names, so.

Also, yes! A lot more girls than guys. I wonder why that is? =/

44Ronin

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Art

jayadore said:
Also, yes! A lot more girls than guys. I wonder why that is? =/
Social stigma. Percieved lack of status in a career of education.

d3l35cu3l4

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Art

This year I plan to enrol to this course.

Though one question, the UAI cut-off dropped (again), is that supposed to worry me, or anyone doing it?
Not really, it could mean either the demand for the course has fallen, there are more places than before, or both.

Also, the cut-off for the BEd/BA is tied to the cut-off for the BA on its own.

HSC

I got offered into this course too!

From some pdf I got from my friend, it looks like this course cut-off has risen slightly above this year to 83.10

HSC

I'm so disorganised.....so far i have

Junior units in education
1. Education 1- EDUF1018 Education, Teachers and Teaching
1. Undecided

Arts Units

1. ENGL1007 Language, texts and time
2. ENGL1008 Australian Texts, International contexts
3. Undecided
4. Undecided
5. Undecided
6. Undecided

HELP! Lol i wanna be an eng and drama teacher
wbu. u chosen?

HSC

sure am accepting the offer!

the arts part is sooo difficult to decide!

so far i have

Semester 1

EDUF 1018 Human Development & Education
ANHS 1600 Foundations of Ancient Greece
ENGL 1002 Narratives of Romance and Adventure
ENGL 1008 Australian Texts: International Contexts

Semester 2

EDUF 1019 Educational Psychology
ANHS 1602 Greek and Roman Myth
----------------------------------------------------------
Undecided Options
ANTH 1002 Globalisation and Experience
ARCL 1001 Art & Archaeology of the Classical World
PHIL 1013 Society. Knowledge and Reason
RLST 1002 The History of God
SCLG 1002 Introduction to Sociology 2

DannyBackwards

and the big blue house will be waiting for you to
HSC

Hey,i got into this course too,
whats been getting to me is that i want to be an english and maths teacher, and maths is in the science department, like table B. And if i do maths i have to do a Table A major too. Which is all good but im sooooooooo confused as to how many credit points i need to be able to major in them both.

But yeh anyone who has majored in a science course and arts course in this degree, any pointers on how to go about in picking subjects would be really appreciated.

wildchild-bec

HSC

hey i got in for this course too!! and im accepting :)

i wanna do english(major)/art teaching(minor subject).. but im abit confused as to how pick how many units/subjects for each if that makes sense??! haha..

Can someone help??

wildchild-bec

HSC

<<< oh yea.. i know this is last minute.. but could you do english/music in this degree or not??!

d3l35cu3l4

HSC

<<< oh yea.. i know this is last minute.. but could you do english/music in this degree or not??!
As far as I know, you can't. Music isn't offered as a curriculum area in the Faculty of Education and Social Work.

Within the University, there's the Bachelor of Music Education at the Conservatorium, but nothing in between.

Last edited:

wildchild-bec

HSC

okcool.. yeah i was just a little confused because u can understand electives like music performance/aural etc in the degree.. but not be qualified to teach??!! :music:

umm so im still a little confused.. how many credit point subjects to i pick for semester 1+ 2 for my major in ENglish and in arts?! haha

wildchild-bec

HSC

visual arts that is being my minor (secondary teaching area) lol

HSC

okcool.. yeah i was just a little confused because u can understand electives like music performance/aural etc in the degree.. but not be qualified to teach??!! :music:

umm so im still a little confused.. how many credit point subjects to i pick for semester 1+ 2 for my major in ENglish and in arts?! haha
Bec,

For 1st year I understand that it goes like this. You must pick two junior units in education and six junior units from Faculty of Arts (4 of these units must be teaching subjects e.g english and history). Two of your junior units must be selected from table A of Faculty of Arts units. Basically, you're doing 8 subjects for your first year, 4 per term i believe? Pretty sure 1 subject= 6 credits (People correct me if this isn't the case for all of them). I hope you understand it a bit better.

wildchild-bec

HSC

Bec,

For 1st year I understand that it goes like this. You must pick two junior units in education and six junior units from Faculty of Arts (4 of these units must be teaching subjects e.g english and history). Two of your junior units must be selected from table A of Faculty of Arts units. Basically, you're doing 8 subjects for your first year, 4 per term i believe? Pretty sure 1 subject= 6 credits (People correct me if this isn't the case for all of them). I hope you understand it a bit better.

oksweetazz thanks heapss =] :haha:

HSC

164 people so far were 'offered' this course at usyd. That's a much bigger number than i expected!

d3l35cu3l4

HSC

164 people so far were 'offered' this course at usyd. That's a much bigger number than i expected!
Not all will accept. And of those who do accept, about one-third will go the full 5 years and end up with both a BEd and BA.

HSC

Not all will accept. And of those who do accept, about one-third will go the full 5 years and end up with both a BEd and BA.
I hope that i'll be in the 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)