Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Arts (1 Viewer)

wildchild-bec

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Art

so wat unit/electives is everyone picking??

we haveto do this on enrolement ay?!?!! :)

bonamy

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Art

I got accepted into this course too.
I want to be a maths/history teacher?
I have no idea what electives to do.
Can anyone help?

HSC

I think im going to do history and political economy in the arts section although im not 100% sure.

is anyone else really pmped for this year, i cant wait to start lectures
pretty pumped in a nervous sort of way.

i hope the people who enrol us on the day are nice or at least try to be :S

d3l35cu3l4

HSC

i hope the people who enrol us on the day are nice or at least try to be :S
Teehee. I'm helping you kids enrol. I think I'm nice.

bonamy

HSC

does anyone know when/where the orientation lecture is for this course?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

I think in regards to major and minors in subjects like history/maths, history/commerce, I think you need to discuss this with whoever's in charge. It's because there's another course similar to this one but made specifically for maths related subjects (e.g. commerce/economics etc).

This happened to my friend last year as she wanted to major in english and minor in commerce. Just get it checked out on enrolment day by one of the older students and you should be fine!

HSC

we have an orientation lecture????

thats news to me :S

d3l35cu3l4

HSC

There is no orientation lecture for Year 1 BEd Combined programme.

wildchild-bec

HSC

hey im finding it a bit hard to find the drama electives/courses that i can pick for first year?? i only wanna do it as a minor..but english as my major.. can someone post the link of where all first year drama/theatre studies subjects are??

cheers ;)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Don't think drama is offered to first year edu/art students Bec, sorry! I think you can only start doing them in second year.

Doughboy

HSC

Whenever you like :D

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Hmm. Well, if it's a compulsory class it's best to buy beforehand so there's no rush and shortage of books. However if you're not sure whether you'd be keeping that class, you should wait and make sure before you buy them. Or else you change subjects and end up stuck with useless and possibly expensive textbooks!

wildchild-bec

HSC

Don't think drama is offered to first year edu/art students Bec, sorry! I think you can only start doing them in second year.[/]quote
THEN how are u meant to do drama as a minor teaching area?!??

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

You have to take an english subject in the first year .. and then you'd be able to take the drama classes. Did you ask during enrolment? You really should have.. and someone should have been there to help you with it.

wildchild-bec

HSC

nah i kinda decided last minute that i wanted to change from art as my minor to drama! i might call up tomooro

HSC

yup and if no one is arround to answer you email them from the website, they reply pretty fast on working days. give them your usyd email.

d3l35cu3l4

HSC

nah i kinda decided last minute that i wanted to change from art as my minor to drama! i might call up tomooro

Don't stress! You don't really have to do anything yet unless you're enrolling in different subjects. Minors and majors can be worked out later - it's all about how many credit points of particular subject you do the whole time you're at uni.

wildchild-bec

HSC

yeah iwas concidering enrolling in diffferent subjects ie. instead of art do drama subjects.. except apparenttly drama isnt offered in the first year?!

wildchild-bec

HSC

anyone know of any drama subjects offered in the first year??
i might just go in and change my timetable..tmay be easier :D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)