Back to School Shopping for HSC?? (1 Viewer)

Grace_13

HSC
i am getting myself organised for HSC next term.what are your back to school shopping essentials?also what sort of books are you using?? i can't decide between...Spiral bound books (i've heard spirals are a nuisance?)Stapled exercise books glued exercise bookshard cover books (like the black and red ones)what have you guys been using and how have they lasted etc??my subjects for HSC are...Adv. EnglishExt. 1 EnglishExt. 2 EnglishGeneral MathsBiologyAncient HistoryVisual ArtsThanks!! :)

starshine02

HSC
I like to use spiralbound for my sciences as there's always pracs to write out or record information so its easy to rip out pages or fold the book. mine generally don't rip so i like them. i just use stapled exercise books for everything else though. generally those last as well except whenever i don't contact them they fall apart...

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
I used spiral-bound for year 11 but i found that even after 3 terms they were very annoying to open and the bottom corner of every page was ripping when i tried to turn the pages. i think Im just going to go for stapled exercise for year 12, and contact them to ensure they last.

harrietty

HSC
I finally found someone who is doing majority of the same subjects as me! :D
As far as shopping essentials, apart from the books, I recommend sticky notes or coloured paper for revision as they say colour triggers memory, it kind of worked for me in prelims so yeah.
And I just use stapled A4 exercise books, but make sure to contact them.. I use spiral bound for revision at home, I don't know why haha

suprwoman101

HSC
i am getting myself organised for HSC next term.what are your back to school shopping essentials?also what sort of books are you using?? i can't decide between...Spiral bound books (i've heard spirals are a nuisance?)Stapled exercise books glued exercise bookshard cover books (like the black and red ones)what have you guys been using and how have they lasted etc??my subjects for HSC are...Adv. EnglishExt. 1 EnglishExt. 2 EnglishGeneral MathsBiologyAncient HistoryVisual ArtsThanks!! :)

I use binder folders with dividers and loose leaf folders.... That way everything is easily divided into modules/sections.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I bought cardboard file holders (one for each subject) so that all excess paper and books can be kept together neatly in my office.

For each subject I just got a small folder with loose leaf paper as well as an exercise book + plastic sleeves. (Separate exercise books ready for each module as well, stored in file holder until needed)

For each subject I also bought an additional exercise book so that I can write syllabus notes for each subject and keep them in my file holders at home.

It's great because now you have syllabus sorted and school work put in an orderly manner.

Deliriously

HSC
I use exercise books for most of my subjects including 1 binder for chemistry (since my teacher gives out a lot of sheets).
I never buy books with pgs over 128 b/c they're too heavy and tend to rip.
40 sleeve folder with loose leaf paper for english.

Thats all

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Various Ballpoint pens, 96 and 128 exercise books, folders and plastic sheets

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Do the teachers care if you put your assignments in plastic sleeves or folders for year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)