• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Back to the 70's for good rock? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimmerz_777

HSC
AsyLum said:
See, no theres nothing wrong with it. Again, IF YOU PROCLAIM THAT THE MAJORITY OF ROCK IS SHIT, when you haven't made the effort to find other shit, then obviously the onus is on you.

Cos of course, bands in the 60s and 70s were the fucking images of Arch-angels and choirboys :rolleyes:

Again you're looking at what is simply a MAINSTREAM view of rap, so stop stereotyping it like its the collective at fault
as ive mentioned before quote me saying that, and if i didnt have "this is my opinion", then i will apologise. and besides, my whole argument from the beginning was initially aimed at the mainstream rock which is publicised. so any quote i may have made was intended to be aimed at that. i may not have specified this at the time when i made it but as i tired to explain later, thats what i meant.

yes they did get up to alot of shananigans after shows, not going to argue that.

read my quote, i do believe i specified that i was talking about mainstream rap and was not applying it to all other rappers who would not be classified into this area. and i did point out that it makes me hate those who are imitated even more, (although i used the word him instead of them). no it is not their fault, its more of those who act like them, and as i pointed out i said that this may be unreasonable but its the truth.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
lmao @ this music pseudo intellectualism. i'm shaking my head @ that chump who critiques hip hop based on what he hears on the radio! lol! do you realise you kind of made your point about "music has lost it's passion bla bla bla i mean look @ the radio bla bla bla" mute when you use what you hear on the radio as your justification for bagging hip hop out.

anywho, don't limit yourself, or think that hip hop is all electronical bullshit. so what if they synthesize beats with a computer? or conjure up a nice track using old samples of mo-town or funkish records? who gives a shit? the lyricism of hip hop can embrace maybe a lot more than some great rock acts. the rhyming structures, and the way words can be played with is not something to shrug off as inferior music. just because you sing and play against a backdrop of a few guitar chords it doesnt make you automatically superior in the music department.

i think people just still can't accept that hip hop is now a strong force not to be meddled with. it's popularity has reached a peak (whether that is good or bad is debatable), and it's obviously reaching a broader audience. you're conventional "instrument, singing" idea of music is outdated and you need to realise that music can be composed in many different ways. don't be so damned ignorant and arrogant to shrug different types of music as "not true music" or whatever.

shimmerz_777

HSC
AsyLum said:
Yes, calling you a musical elitist was meant as an insult.
care to defend your statement any furthur? i mean it would be surley interesting to see what angle you can look at it, i mean, whether i take offence to your music purist (not elist) is irrelevant now that you have confessed that the intention was to insult, or in other words, could be seen as name calling.

plus i notice that your replies are getting shorter, does this mean im clarifying things to your liking now?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, like I said, it was meant to be an insult, but does that make it any less true?

And my responses are getting shorter because you haven't answered/are too stupid to understand the argument/too naive/ignorant.

You complain that I over-analyse your arguments, then cry that my responses are getting shorter, fucking make up your mind.

In the mean time thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)