Bad Lecturers (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Scanorama said:
Do people actually photoshop their assignment? lol they should go a get a life!
I think their problem is they have too much of an active one. Thus have no time to do assignments.

I feel if you don't want to do the assignment, drop out.

utesrule

HSC
N/A
totally agree... i only stumbled apon this forum by accident! but image how many people feel the same that have no voice!

i've got Sherine for a few subjects over the years, he's a joke! get rid of the fat prick

puki

HSC
N/A
Okay tim - I finally decided to join.

Here is a list of lecturers that I was fortunate enough to have this semester

Mark Freeman:confused: :sleep: <----- Dissapointing. The amount of garbage that he peddles without any substance to ANY of his lectures is enormous. Not too good a lecturer.

Chee Fong :) :) <----- Great. An absolute pleasure to attend his lecture. Knows the topics inside out, and makes a boring topic enjoyable.

Omar Garcia :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: <----- Someone run him over with a steam-roller. This person should simply cut his wrists. He's a disgrace to the lecturing profession. He is the one that taught CSCI222, and got demoted [I noticed it has been mentioned a few times, but no one said who it was].
Omar doesn't know his subject, and evidently reads about the topic the night before. His idea of discussing a topic - is to go off on a tangent as far as possible, so that no one could ask him any questions.
Someone push him down the stairs next time you see him.

Anyone else for an end of semester reflection?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
I wonder what you guys think of COM 327 lecturer? He is very enthusiastic and probably very well informed but I just don't understand half of what he is saying. It is such an interesting subject with lots of interesting topic and stuff where we can actually participate in a discussion. I just wish I have a decent lecturer who speak fluent english such as Debbie (Law lecturer/Tutor).
He may not have the best grasp on fluent english but Eduardo Pol is one sexy man. For a man who puts a photo on his text book for Com327 with him stiking that 'intruigingly sexy yet thoughtful pose with thumb and index finger on the chin'. It's halarious. Plus the lectures are a waste of time anyway considering the lecture notes ARE the text book just printed on overhead sheets. But how can you resist a south american man like Eduardo when he lists 'latin dancing and group exercise' as his hobbies on the back of his text book. He easily ranks a C- for lecture ability, but an A+ for amusement factor.

u_littleripper

HSC
pop101 is the absolute worst! they were dead boring, he wouldnt put up lecture slides till afterwards....they were sooo bad there were like ten ppl at each lecture

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Arts faculty tiny shorts-wearing Brian Martin kept up his bizarre antics when he used an entire SMAC lecture to play the flute to an audience confirming that he really is losing the plot.

Ramteen

HSC
Arts faculty tiny shorts-wearing Brian Martin kept up his bizarre antics when he used an entire SMAC lecture to play the flute to an audience confirming that he really is losing the plot.
must be the weed

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Raiks said:
It was a clarinet actually.

And yes, I was there :(

madam_pyro

HSC
N/A
Josie said:
All of my lecturers are ok.. the "shittest" is one of my English lecturers (Guy Davidson), who says "um" about 15 times in every sentence, and 10 minutes into the lecture I want to stab him with something very sharp.
I thought the same thing about Guy when I had him back in first year as a tutor and lecturer but I just had him for an Honours subject and he is actually quite fantastic. Maybe he is just better with Honours/Postgrad subjects?

And yeah I agree, Gerry was friggin awesome. I had him for a few subjects and I was an intern for him at the end of last year. It sucks that he left the uni.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
madam_pyro said:
I thought the same thing about Guy when I had him back in first year as a tutor and lecturer but I just had him for an Honours subject and he is actually quite fantastic. Maybe he is just better with Honours/Postgrad subjects?

And yeah I agree, Gerry was friggin awesome. I had him for a few subjects and I was an intern for him at the end of last year. It sucks that he left the uni.
Haha you zebra fucker. Since when have you used BoS?

To contribute to the thread topic, I'd add John Littrich from the law faculty as a good lecturer. He actually seems interested in the topic he's teaching. How strange.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
madam_pyro said:

I can understand that, I don't like first years either :p

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Raiks said:
omg if that is the same person that was there that lecture i went, he spent the hour putting togther a clarinet and playing it! talk about useless subjects

pinoying

HSC
puki said:
Chee Fong :) :) <----- Great. An absolute pleasure to attend his lecture. Knows the topics inside out, and makes a boring topic enjoyable.
Totally agree with you... Cheef was great and was very helpful when approached with questions
puki said:
Omar Garcia :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: <----- Someone run him over with a steam-roller. This person should simply cut his wrists. He's a disgrace to the lecturing profession. He is the one that taught CSCI222, and got demoted [I noticed it has been mentioned a few times, but no one said who it was].
Omar doesn't know his subject, and evidently reads about the topic the night before. His idea of discussing a topic - is to go off on a tangent as far as possible, so that no one could ask him any questions.
Someone push him down the stairs next time you see him.

Anyone else for an end of semester reflection?
Again I agree with you. This bloke is absolute dead weight. I hear his contract is not being renewed.
He has failed to mark one of my assignments and after a number of emails has not recorded a mark for it leaving me hovering dangerously close to a fail. Fingers crossed I did okay in todays exam otherwise there will be some anger thrown his way

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
dion7789 said:
omg if that is the same person that was there that lecture i went, he spent the hour putting togther a clarinet and playing it! talk about useless subjects
SMAC100 *is* a useless subject. An incompetent mishmash of everything the tutors and lecturers themselves do not understand.

Cue Brian Martin playing the clarinet for an hour because he didn't know what to do for the lecture.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Josie said:
SMAC100 *is* a useless subject. An incompetent mishmash of everything the tutors and lecturers themselves do not understand.

Cue Brian Martin playing the clarinet for an hour because he didn't know what to do for the lecture.
No Josie, he played it because he's seriously messed up.

He had us sitting on the floor in a circle one tutorial for STS300 a few years back and letting us talk about our 'feelings' on the world. He's a crazy man.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Josie said:

I think i attended more lectures for this subject then half the course...the thing is i dont even do it lol! i just went with my friend so i had something to do till the bus came...and yes i see absolutley no use for this subject whatsoever

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
dion7789 said:
I think i attended more lectures for this subject then half the course...the thing is i dont even do it lol! i just went with my friend so i had something to do till the bus came...and yes i see absolutley no use for this subject whatsoever
Welcome to the arts faculty, where most of it is useless.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Raiks said:
Welcome to the arts faculty, where most of it is useless.
yeah i learnt that from philosophy...which i will continue with coz its kinda fun compared to science...and yes some of the stuff ur like "i need to know this why?" but what can u do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)