Bad Lecturers (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, Suneeti Rekhari is awesome once she's more confident... and she gave me a HD so I love her.

From one day of summer session... Jo Maree Coghlan is hilarious, Suzanna Rizzo talks even faster than I do.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Josie said:
Yeah, Suneeti Rekhari is awesome once she's more confident... and she gave me a HD so I love her.

From one day of summer session... Jo Maree Coghlan is hilarious, Suzanna Rizzo talks even faster than I do.
Suzanna Rizzo is apparently ridiculously intelligent and idiots in her class have a really hard time keeping up with the fastspeak and the overload of big words coming out of her mouth.

I've decided that all of my lecturers are awesome people so this really is not the thread for me.

feen

Fez Wearing Monkeyman
HSC
N/A
revive old threads ftw....

anyway - the point?
neil grey mentioned this thread & forum in his csci399 lecture today

lol - they are watching ... oOooOOOOooOo

:)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
feen said:
revive old threads ftw....

anyway - the point?
neil grey mentioned this thread & forum in his csci399 lecture today

lol - they are watching ... oOooOOOOooOo

:)
I'd like to direct you to:

ogmzergrush said:
I'd just like to bring the view count on this thread to everyone's attention.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this thread is warranting a lot of bos-external attention. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on where you stand on the matter. Either way, I suppose the truth shall prevail? :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't have any bad lecturers this session... but I think the fact that I only go to 1 of the 4 I have might contribute to that fact.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I have no bad lecturers.. 2 awesome lecturers, 1 lecturer who is alright but IS THE WORST TUTOR EVER.

Well, most annoying.

If anyone's done IR you might know who I'm talking about.

princessrach

HSC
Clearly, there are not too many creative arts students here.

Although I did notice you writing kids there!

So, bottom line, I have 1 lecture per week. Thats it. By golly its good doing a practical subject. However, Margaret is amazingly smart, knows theatre like nobody else, sees theatre all over the world [I kind of want to be her just for that!] and gets so nervy during lectures that you just cant follow her.

However, she is the most amazing tutor in the universe! She is fantastic because shes so not nervous!

MissSarajevo

HSC
I'm enrolled for FIN 223 again this semester. The lecturer is crazy Italian guy and swears a lot. I dislike his potty mouth and his ramblings in Italians as if he thinks we find it exotic. Otherwise, he is OK. He is enthusiastic about the subject.

Besides the fugly tutor is gone. I realised that he was a PhD student thats why had no genuine interest in teaching. The new tutor is a colombian girl over obsessed with starting early and finishing early. She will start tutorial class even if its empty so she can finish the class in 15 minutes. I shall report her because I paid for 3 hrs contact hrs per week NOT just 2 hrs and 15 mins.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Can anybody tell me what chemistry is like at UoW? IS the content fun/good? Are the lecturers monotonous or captivating?

Same for computer science. Cheers.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
well with Computer science, its never fun and very frustrating. Only fun side is seeing friends at uni.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
From the perspective of somebody who never liked comp sci much to begin with, or somebody for whom the lecturers killed it? :p

Put it this way: I've done 2 years of it at ANU and I like it.

Verscurexant

HSC
My list is:

CSCI361 Willy Susilo - He's cool, a very practical guy, very patient regarding to some of the idiotic questions (lol, sry) some classmates have had for him. Always replies e-mails nicely too!

CSCI366 Wanqing Li - Now, he's kind of another story. He responds to e-mails but stiffer than Willy. When, I had him for the first time, I couldn't understand anything he was saying! The result was I didn't listen at all in his classes :hammer:.

CSCI319 Markus Hagenbuchner - He's a very nice guy! Kind of hyper, lol, it seemed like as if he was giving acrobatics courses instead of Distributed Systems, lol. But the class was very boring.

CSCI358 Luke McAven - He knows what he's talking about but the class is all about case studies, theoretical topics so it was pretty boring, too. But, he's really analytical.

Oh, and anyone else has had McAven? This guy's pretty sloppy! Is it just me or is it that he never takes morning showers? Or brush his hair at least! Haha. But he's nice, too.

Josh03

HSC
I had Sherine Antoun for 2 subjects CSCI444 and 206 I found him very good, his lectures were intersting and the lecture notes were online on time, he answered my emails in 15 to 30 minutes for 444 even when I sent them at midnight. He gives code examples when you go to his office for consultation and help you when stuck in assignment work.

totally agree... i only stumbled apon this forum by accident! but image how many people feel the same that have no voice!

i've got Sherine for a few subjects over the years, he's a joke! get rid of him

Last edited by a moderator:

Scanorama

HSC
CSCI358 Luke McAven - He knows what he's talking about but the class is all about case studies, theoretical topics so it was pretty boring, too. But, he's really analytical.

Oh, and anyone else has had McAven? This guy's pretty sloppy! Is it just me or is it that he never takes morning showers? Or brush his hair at least! Haha. But he's nice, too.
Luke was awesome when I had him in CSCI204 back in 2006. He was genuinely helpful and made sure students fully understood the question. He was great with emails - I had numerous prompt replies even at 3 in the morning.

It's been 8 years since I posted in this thread last - have things changed much in the Computer Science department?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)