Ban P-Platers from driving on Friday and Saturday nights? (2 Viewers)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
AG is a tard.

You wouldn't let a person with a bad attitude use a chainsaw, so we can't let a person with a bad attitude drive a car.

NSW auditor-general Peter Achterstraat
Watch out, might need to sit a psych test for power tools.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
driving is incredibly bad for the environment and anything that discourages it can only be welcomed

Lentern

HSC
In all seriousness this is a silly beat up story. Hundreds of these reports are compiled all the time and their brief is to provide an exhaustive list of proposals for the government to choose. More or less anything that would reduce the number of accidents (and this probably would) will be in that report, the report isn't meant to take into account the other adverse impacts of these actions, that's for the government to consider and it will almost certainly be considered too draconian. This evokes memories of when some report said raising the age of alcohol consumption to 21 would do something or other and on Qanda Rudd got tripped up, said he'd like to see more research and everyone lost their shit. It was never going to happen, just as this is never going to happen.

boris

Banned
HSC
just as passenger limits is never going to happen wait

Lentern

HSC
just as passenger limits is never going to happen wait
That was a serious idea that had been kicked around for yonks before it was finally implemented (not saying it should have been) this is just one proposal in a report. Besides that is nowhere near as drastic as what this is talking about.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
"Thirty per cent of fatal crashes of young people occur on Friday and Saturday nights."
Friday + Saturday = 2/7 nights in a week.
2/7 = 0.29
= 29%
Consdiering "nights" account for 24 hours other both days, that is equivalent to 1/7 = 0.142
Which accounts for 14% of the week, and therefore, if 30% of crashes happen within that 14% time frame there is an issue. Derp

boris

Banned
HSC
what percentage of crashes occur on the other nights of the week
maybe crashes are twice as prevalent at night

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Whyyy, Just because a few people are dicks on the road doesn't mean we all have to be punished. Man by the time I get my Ps it will be worthless. Look, the main reason why young people get Ps is to drive to different venues ESPECIALLY on a Friday and Saturday night to go out. Now by removing this ability, you may as well say P platers are not allowed to drive (and what are 17+ yr olds meant to rely on for transport at that time of night? parents pffft, they are old enough themselves), because it looks like that's where it's heading. The Government has a lot of blame, they're the ones who keep giving the licences back to this fouls who can't drive. I'd say send them to jail and expire their licence for 24 months, then we'll see how things turn out.

It looks like it's turning into the classic "1 guy in the classroom mucks up and everyone stays in for detention" story, which doesn't solve anything, as the repeat offenders will always do the same thing, day in, day out.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
The AA. examine the status of the concept of race in China through a survey of research papers in Acta Anthropologica Sinica, China’s only journal dedicated to biological anthropology. The survey leads to the conclusion that the concept of race is deeply rooted and uncritically accepted in Chinese biological anthropology.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
The AA. examine the status of the concept of race in China through a survey of research papers in Acta Anthropologica Sinica, China’s only journal dedicated to biological anthropology. The survey leads to the conclusion that the concept of race is deeply rooted and uncritically accepted in Chinese biological anthropology.
I think this video pretty much exemplifies what your trying to say.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DYB1CnTE7n4Y%26feature%3Dfeedu[/video]

Lentern

HSC
I'm gonna start negging people for people pathetic, panicky, gullible whining soon if we continue along this miserable path.

slurpzz1

HSC
This is a joke... this proposal can't possibly go through..

if they were to somehow place a stricter rule on P platers they should say 1 passenger after 10 instead of 11...

most p platers that are involved in accidents is due to the passengers hyping the driver up and the environment they are in..

Any p plater by themselves who is driving erratically don't deserve to have a license because they ruin it for the rest of us safe P platers..

I remember when i was going for my L's that they threated to impose 150 hours and you have to be 17... it never went through.. and NOW they have cut it back to 100 hours ridiculous!

boris

Banned
HSC
This is a joke... this proposal can't possibly go through..

if they were to somehow place a stricter rule on P platers they should say 1 passenger after 10 instead of 11...

most p platers that are involved in accidents is due to the passengers hyping the driver up and the environment they are in..

Any p plater by themselves who is driving erratically don't deserve to have a license because they ruin it for the rest of us safe P platers..

I remember when i was going for my L's that they threated to impose 150 hours and you have to be 17... it never went through.. and NOW they have cut it back to 100 hours ridiculous!
is that so

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
What are people's thoughts on raising the driving age? (Please no emotional or blatantly biased replies)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
abolish it

if you are a competent driver you should be able to drive, no matter the age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)