Ban P-Platers from driving on Friday and Saturday nights? (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Why don't we do what they do in Europe and make kids demonstrate that they know how to use a car before licensing them

instead of something like a p2 computer test that doesn't even pretend it has any purpose other than revenue

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
This is a joke... this proposal can't possibly go through..

if they were to somehow place a stricter rule on P platers they should say 1 passenger after 10 instead of 11...

most p platers that are involved in accidents is due to the passengers hyping the driver up and the environment they are in..

Any p plater by themselves who is driving erratically don't deserve to have a license because they ruin it for the rest of us safe P platers..

I remember when i was going for my L's that they threated to impose 150 hours and you have to be 17... it never went through.. and NOW they have cut it back to 100 hours ridiculous!
what it's 100 hours now? I thought it was still 120?

btw in Europe, apparently if you get your licence taken off for speeding, you can pay like double the costs of getting a licence to the cop, and the cop will give you your licence back lol. Also they drive mainly manuals there and they can get there driver's licence at 16, well in Italy any ways, and they can even ride vespers from the age of 14 apparently on roads.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
what it's 100 hours now? I thought it was still 120?

btw in Europe, apparently if you get your licence taken off for speeding, you can pay like double the costs of getting a licences to the cop, and the cop will give you your licence back lol. Also they drive mainly manuals there and they can get there driver's licence at 16, well in Italy any ways, and they can even ride vespers from the age for 14 apparently on roads.
in "Europe" hey

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
in italy theres actually a shitload of regulation regarding riding mopeds (particularly in the south) because they're the vehicle of choice for drive by shootings.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
giving every cunt who wants to drive and can pass a driving test their license would be unreasonable if the predictive validity of the driving test was different for different age groups (which it probably would be)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
when a bullet plows through your friends skull like a big pizza pie that's camorra
southern italy iq vs northern

theres a big debate in italy about why southern italy sucks in comparison to the north they call it the southern question

richard lynn caused a big stink about it a few years ago by bringing iq into the equation

kfnmpah

HSC
This is a joke... this proposal can't possibly go through..

if they were to somehow place a stricter rule on P platers they should say 1 passenger after 10 instead of 11...

most p platers that are involved in accidents is due to the passengers hyping the driver up and the environment they are in..

Any p plater by themselves who is driving erratically don't deserve to have a license because they ruin it for the rest of us safe P platers..

I remember when i was going for my L's that they threated to impose 150 hours and you have to be 17... it never went through.. and NOW they have cut it back to 100 hours ridiculous!
Source, please.
Personally, i disagree. I don't change my driving style depending on who is in the car with me. If anything I drive more safely.
I might be the minority, though.

What are people's thoughts on raising the driving age? (Please no emotional or blatantly biased replies)
What's the point? If you can drive, you can drive. There's always going to be some people that ruin 'it' for everyone, no matter how old they are.
Harsher penalties for P-Platers who drink drive/speed- yes. If the laws changed and it wasn't a case-by-case decision, but instead an automatic loss of license or back on your L's for 3 months i'm sure a lot less people would speed. (i know a dude who was drunk and wrote off 4 cars on his greens- got 18 months good behaviour bond, kept his license. Another P2 driver caught drink driving, lost her license for 6 months)
Banning them from driving on certain times of the week- silly.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yeah i know all about the southern problem. but it's a pretty ridiculous debate, and its a clear example of how such debates regarding intelligence, race etc. can definitely be historically (not biologically) constituted.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I don't disagree that P platers are over represented in crash statistics. However, I don't think you can ever get them proportionately in them. P platers need to independently gain experience, driving at all times and with/without passengers. But I think the figures are misleading, 30%. Well Fri and Sat night are a decent chunk of the week and also considering the fact that is the main time when P platers drive. I drive myself to school during the week, but many parents have the car then and they only have access to it on the weekend. Also not many P plater crashes are likely to occur during school time, because many P platers are HS students.

The thing about some country areas it is really easy to get your P's cause there's like no traffic lights, roundabouts etc. But people should pass their driver's test where they live because that's where there'll be driving most.

They should focus energies on more driver training, like maybe a free drivers education day for L platers etc.

Just total bias, I hope they don't bring it in because I only relatively recently got my P plates. (about a 1 and half months)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Stupid law. We sit a driving test to get our Ps....we get tested for skills and safety, but then some people have to be irresposible drivers. They speed, crash and die. Just because a few of the P platers do this, does not give the government a right to impose this new legislation that restricts us from driving on fri/sat nights. I think its unlikely that this law would be passed. It's unfair and just plain crazy. What's the point of having a car and your license if you can't drive it whenever you want? We pay shitloads of money on rego and license fees and other car expenses, only to be told that we may not be able to drive whenever we please. Its silly and unjustified.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Agreed brother.

Praise the lord.
Yes, driving is bad for the environment...but honestly we need to look at this from a different perspective.
We may have public transport facilities but there are a few reasons why many people dont use them....
1) theyre absolutely filthy...honestly, id be ashamed to have my dog sit in some of those train carriages...absolutely disgusting.
2) the train lines are stupid....a trip that would take you say 30 minutes by car would take you an hour to an hour and a half by public transport. People have other priorities..they cant just spend their whole time in a train or bus waiting patiently to get to work.
3) im not saying that driving cars are good for the environment. Yes, you may say that there are environmentally friendly cars like hybrids and whatnot. But geez..if you look at the pricetag! If we are expected to go green, then maybe there should be proper alternatives put in place. No good asking people to take a filthy train or bus to work...and no good asking people to buy environmentally friendly cars when the pricetag isnt friendly at all!

Let's wake up to reality...because from what I see, we're far from it.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
just live somewhere wealthy like the glorious eastern suburbs (pbut)

lauraleopard

HSC
are u freakn serious??? that is the most stupid thing ive eva heard, more full licenced drivers create accidents than p platers, its a fact, p platers are just over publisised my this monay hungry government, it pisses me off, nobody will have a life anymore if they arnt allowed to drive on friday and saturday nights, that law is crazy, the government has lost their mind is all i have to say

lucky i have my green P's now

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, driving is bad for the environment...but honestly we need to look at this from a different perspective.
We may have public transport facilities but there are a few reasons why many people dont use them....
1) theyre absolutely filthy...honestly, id be ashamed to have my dog sit in some of those train carriages...absolutely disgusting.
2) the train lines are stupid....a trip that would take you say 30 minutes by car would take you an hour to an hour and a half by public transport. People have other priorities..they cant just spend their whole time in a train or bus waiting patiently to get to work.
3) im not saying that driving cars are good for the environment. Yes, you may say that there are environmentally friendly cars like hybrids and whatnot. But geez..if you look at the pricetag! If we are expected to go green, then maybe there should be proper alternatives put in place. No good asking people to take a filthy train or bus to work...and no good asking people to buy environmentally friendly cars when the pricetag isnt friendly at all!

Let's wake up to reality...because from what I see, we're far from it.
sometimes trains are faster than driving, e.g. takes me 10-15 min by training to go city, but around 20 - 30 min by car, depending on traffic and time.

However this is on Fri and Sat nights. Public transport stops for buses at around like 11pm, so how the hell is everyone going to get home, or go out. Trains are less frequent at night as well. Maybe the government should make it compulsory to learn driving in the school curriculum or something, with subjected titled "Driving" lol and provides all the tutorials with instructors, but then again all the drop kicks won't follow the rules. It's a no win situation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)