Bar (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

bearpooh said:
High character ?
Like Peter Clyne ?
Of all the terrible types of people, you chose a tax/debt fraud?

If that's the worst of lawyers, I think it's a lucky profession.

In anycase, you're being argumentative and trying to push my buttons.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mr poohboy is so smart - i admire him so much :rolleyes:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
I'm actually waiting on the day where I can go to court with a simple T-shirt and shorts. :p
magine wearing that in 38 degree heat...do we have air con in the courtrooms? :p
The closest I have been is wearing academic dress on a 30ish day * we role played a poem in English and I got to wear it :)* I pretended it was barrister robes...I guess it kind of looks the same, after 10 mins I was sweating *ewwww* but I don't care I still want the robes

X

xeuyrawp

bearpooh said:
You havent bothered to read Clyne v New South Wales Bar Association (1960) 104 CLR 186, have you ? That is not why he was debarred.
No, I haven't read it, BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING DO ANY LAW UNITS YET!

poohbear said:
No, you are just stupid.
Let's see. I have the second best scholarship at Macquarie, had all HDs, could have gone to Usyd (possibly gotten a scholarship there. Unlike you, who didn't even get what you wanted... Wahh wahhh, did your daddy not bribe the man at the counter of the faculty?) and would be able to study at Oxford, if I chose. Then I would realise that I wouldn't go to sydney because I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't go to Oxford because it would be impractical, and frankly, it's not going to happen because I haven't got an asshole of a father that assfucks his son with all the money in the world to throw around at his leisure. I earn my money, and my time is precious. I haven't got time to go wander through the gardens of Oxford and lament on my LLD thesis.

You're stupid and a pretentious wanker. Unfortunately, I suppose I could be pretentious if I chose. I could go to Sydney and say "I'm doing an LLB at Sydney and want to to a BCL at Oxon." if I wanted to, and when the other person said "LLB...? BCL...?" I could role my eyes at them like they're fucking idiots, and tell them that they're just plain stupid.

But I don't, because I have to live in the real world.

santaslayer

HSC
melsc said:
The closest I have been is wearing academic dress on a 30ish day * we role played a poem in English and I got to wear it :)* I pretended it was barrister robes...I guess it kind of looks the same, after 10 mins I was sweating *ewwww* but I don't care I still want the robes
and be stinky? :p

Pwarboy actually managed to get all 90's for his 1st semester subjects...
You can't really tell him he's stooooopid.

I wonder who will produce the K-O in this e-fight? :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
and be stinky? :p
I am a girl I don't stink :p I will be really pissed if by the time I get to the bar that have got rid of the robes :(
Even if I don't make the bar I'll get some robes anyway and have make believe hearings in my house

santaslayer said:
Pwarboy actually managed to get all 90's for his 1st semester subjects...
You can't really tell him he's stooooopid.

I wonder who will produce the K-O in this e-fight? :p
I am gonna start selling tickets soon

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bearpooh said:
It is a matter of general knowledge.
a reasonable person test?
bearpooh said:
And it is on the bar association reading list.

Since you are wanking about becoming a barrister, you should be familiar with that.
since you want to become a lawyer, does that mean you should be familiar with crim, contrax, torts, fedcon, property, trusts and lit before you finish first year? :rolleyes:

with utmost respect, the identity of the wanker is patently obvious, but it is not mr pwaryuex.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
oi poohboy, i tell you what - i'm good friends with the beginners moot coordinators, rukawasan and jumbo.

howabout you PM me your mooting partners' and your name so i'll make sure we cross paths one moot this sem, eh? ;)

X

xeuyrawp

bearpooh said:
That is right, you are a wanker who talks about how he is going to be
a SC when he hasnt even done a single law unit !
Show me being a wanker. Show me saying how I'm going to be an SC. Not only are you very stupid, but you're also a liar. I've never said "I'm going to be an SC". I said that I want to go to the bar.

Knowing about Peter Clyne has nothing to do with doing law units.
They dont even mention him until you get to Legal Ethics which is a third year
subject at UNSW.
Why would I read a case or any related material until I've done law? You're a real jackass. I don't wank on about becoming a Barrister, I say that I want to do it. What do you want to do? I shouldn't be familiar with the case, don't pretend I should have read every single thing.

It is a matter of general knowledge.
Do you suggest that a reasonable person, with good general knowledge will know of that particular case?

And it is on the bar association reading list.

Since you are wanking about becoming a barrister, you should be familiar with that.
I really don't care if it's on the Bar Association reading list! I have no time to read law shit yet!

Oh and read Odgers closely. His book is a significant chunk of the Evidence bar
exam.
Don't give me advice. Not only are you stupid and unworthy of giving any advice whatsoever, but I think the bar exam may not be on my priority list at the moment.

I'm sure you'll ace it as you've already done all the material.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
Now bearpooh & pwaryuex should kiss and make up... :uhhuh:
Shuttup, melsc. You're obviously wanking on about doing law when you've done legal studies. You've said that you're going to be an SC and you've never done any law units. I'm not smarter than you, but I say I am and I'll quote you and not answer what you actually say.

How do you like it?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Pwar becomes more dynamic and perceptive by the day. Pip pip old man.

X

xeuyrawp

Iron said:
Pwar becomes more dynamic and perceptive by the day. Pip pip old man.
I'm not dynamic! I'm having a breakdown with poohbear constantly being a jackass. Between him and the international students at work who can't speak english, I'm losing my hair.

*cries*

I need a hug :(

X

xeuyrawp

I confess, I no longer live "in the real world", where you can't block people. Although usually I'd just break someone like pooh's face:

Unread Today, 10:09 PM
Remove user from ignore list
bearpooh
This message is hidden because bearpooh is on your ignore list.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Shuttup, melsc. You're obviously wanking on about doing law when you've done legal studies. You've said that you're going to be an SC and you've never done any law units. I'm not smarter than you, but I say I am and I'll quote you and not answer what you actually say.

How do you like it?
Did I ever make a comment about you or you opinions??? No I just suggested that you guys should just stop arguing. I know that I have never done any law units and I KNOW that I only do legal studies, but I never made out like I knew anymore that any of you. Don't accuse me of doing things that I haven't done, I didn't comment on the content of your arguement at all...why because I know I don't know anything about studying law and I know you guys are much smarter than I... all I said was you guys should stop fighting... I also never said I was going to be an sc, I said thats what I aspire to. I never said anything bad about you so please don't attack me!

X

xeuyrawp

Ah, I have no idea what you said, but I'm sure you quoted me and called me a wanker. Carry on :)

melsc said:
Did I ever make a comment about you or you opinions??? No I just suggested that you guys should just stop arguing. I know that I have never done any law units and I KNOW that I only do legal studies, but I never made out like I knew anymore that any of you. Don't accuse me of doing things that I haven't done, I didn't comment on the content of your arguement at all...why because I know I don't know anything about studying law and I know you guys are much smarter than I... all I said was you guys should stop fighting... I also never said I was going to be an sc, I said thats what I aspire to. I never said anything bad about you so please don't attack me!
That's the point. He was attacking me. I attacked you to show you what it's like. Would you just sit there and not argue when someone says something stupid? No. Would I tell you to kiss and make up when someone's a real tard? No. So don't do the same to me.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Ah, I have no idea what you said, but I'm sure you quoted me and called me a wanker. Carry on :)
I don't call anyone wankers :) But if you can find the post I will be most happy to withdraw the statement. Is was merely observing and discussing legal dress with santaslayer

Yes but you were attacking me for something I didn't say which is different! Meh I can't resist an argument...as long as you really don't mean anything by it I don't care... I was just trying to lighten the mood since you guys were getting so worked up. I applogise if it seemed rude

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
I don't call anyone wankers :) But if you can find the post I will be most happy to withdraw the statement. Is was merely observing and discussing legal dress with santaslayer
Nnono! Not you. Sorry, I mean poohbear!

I can't quote him because he's blocked:)

Yes but you were attacking me for something I didn't say which is different! Meh I can't resist an argument...as long as you really don't mean anything by it I don't care... I was just trying to lighten the mood since you guys were getting so worked up. I applogise if it seemed rude
I never was attacking you. I was giving a parody of what pooh had said to me and turned it on you, because you told us to stop arguing. I showed what I thought what would happen: You didn't like it, yet you expect me to tolerate the same bullshit from pooh.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Nnono! Not you. Sorry, I mean poohbear!

I can't quote him because he's blocked:)

I never was attacking you. I was giving a parody of what pooh had said to me and turned it on you, because you told us to stop arguing. I showed what I thought what would happen: You didn't like it, yet you expect me to tolerate the same bullshit from pooh.
I understand where you are comming from, just so you understand why I told you guys to make up,*I posted this above...you probably didnt see it) is that as I said, I was trying to lighten the mood as you guys were getting so worked up... I am not/was not taking sides because I have no idea wtf you guys were talking about...

X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
I understand where you are comming from, just so you understand why I told you guys to make up,*I posted this above...you probably didnt see it) is that as I said, I was trying to lighten the mood as you guys were getting so worked up... I am not/was not taking sides because I have no idea wtf you guys were talking about...
I'm not getting worked up. Pooh think's he's fantastic, when he's a failed usyd wannabe who's paid to get his (half) way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)