Bar (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
mr poohboy??? holla back yo.
Why should he? From what I've seen, he aint no holla back girl.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Chill people! You're both smart, no need to fight about it. We're all people interested in law here. Instead of slanging each other can we slang someone worthy?

Like say, the AG...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Chill people! You're both smart, no need to fight about it. We're all people interested in law here. Instead of slanging each other can we slang someone worthy?

Like say, the AG...
lol :uhhuh: See this is what I was trying to say before but it go misinterpreted...You are much more articulate than I

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
by sparring against each other, we can only improve - that's the only reason i wanna moot poohboy :)

oh, and in a vain attempt to knock him down a few pegs off his high horse :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
by sparring against each other, we can only improve - that's the only reason i wanna moot poohboy :)

oh, and in a vain attempt to knock him down a few pegs off his high horse :p
Well it does seem like we all love to argue...I guess thats to be expected :rolleyes: My mums cousin whose a barrister told me, "to be a barrister all you need to do is be able to read a lot and like to argue" :)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
melsc said:
Well it does seem like we all love to argue...I guess thats to be expected :rolleyes: My mums cousin whose a barrister told me, "to be a barrister all you need to do is be able to read a lot and like to argue" :)
Somehow I think it'd be a bit more difficult than that :p

X

xeuyrawp

Gavrillo said:
Somehow I think it'd be a bit more difficult than that :p
Is it? I mean, you form an argument through research and learning. If your research and your ability to learn is weakened, so is your argument. Your technique of delivering your argument is also important, and your conviction does mean a great deal, imo, because it shows your confidence in your research and content.

Of course there's looking good in black, but we all know black is the new black (and is slimming).

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Is it? I mean, you form an argument through research and learning. If your research and your ability to learn is weakened, so is your argument. Your technique of delivering your argument is also important, and your conviction does mean a great deal, imo, because it shows your confidence in your research and content.
Exactly I experienced this in mock trial I often found when I was the solicitor...I hated that so much, that I would tell the barrister what to say, yet they would either not say it in the same way or not say it with confidence...thus it did not have a significant impact. I also found when I didn't know what the hell to say next *like when the other side called and expert witness which I wasnt expecting* if I said what I had to with confidence 99% of the time the judge would believe it as opposed to the times were I looked like I didn't know what I was doing

PwarYuex said:
Of course there's looking good in black, but we all know black is the new black (and is slimming).
:uhhuh: lol

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I s'pose so.

I just get all freaked out when I hear about all the research, care for clients and the special jury tips you need to convince the court.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Yeah, I s'pose so.

I just get all freaked out when I hear about all the research, care for clients and the special jury tips you need to convince the court.
hee hee hee we were allowed to chose the gender of our clients since they were unisex names so what I would do is if we were prosc for an assault case I'd make our victim a girl *this worked especially well with guys skools since they would always act as guys* thus making it more believeable that the guy hit the girl.

We would also get our witnesses to be guys instead of girls just to get the other side confused... I was always funny when they would say...he/she errrr... he?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Too bad you can't do that in real life :)

I think barristers have an obligation to take on clients referred to them, so long as there is a reasonable price offered

X

xeuyrawp

Gavrillo said:
I could be wrong, but I think only criminal and deformation cases are heard infront of a jury.

moonlight said:
I think barristers have an obligation to take on clients referred to them, so long as there is a reasonable price offered
Yes, the cab-rank rule. Generally, they can only decline a case if they think they wouldn't be capable or able to serve the client due to experience, conflict of interest, or incorrect fee amounts.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I could be wrong, but I think only criminal and deformation cases are heard infront of a jury.
Juries are sometimes used as fact-finders in civil trials, such as negligence cases, though not often.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
bearpooh said:
Sure.
It must have been someone else using your computer who wrote earlier:
God, quit your bitchin'.

None of you are SC's yet.
You all will be.
You'll all be as good as eachother.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
dont worry. it wont be in the legal studies exam :rolleyes:
Yeah I have a feeling I either learnt it in year 11 or yr 10 commerce...I just have to cram all the LCMD in my head now like R v Easom - Larceny :cool: trial is 9th August...FUN! not

Are you sick of me yet :p soon it will get to the point that you guys give me incorrect legal facts to get rid of me...so I fail the HSC and don't study law lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)