Bar (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
allow me to rephrase: you can do the exam (hey, it's your money), but you will not be admitted prior to your attaining a practising certificate.

and don't you :D me. i'm not for you to :D

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
allow me to rephrase: you can do the exam (hey, it's your money), but you will not be admitted prior to your attaining a practising certificate.

and don't you :D me. i'm not for you to :D
Try again.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Are moots to law students, pistols at dawn to cowboys?

Do you bet on them? Solve your problems through them? Sleep with prostitutes after them?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Frigid said:
too bad you're like

NOT QUALIFIED to take it. :p
bearpooh said:
Really ?
Go back and read the Bar Association stuff.
Carefully.....
Then tell me whether you still think that.

I did the evidence and legal ethics bar exams a couple of weeks
ago. I haven't done the practice and procedures exam yet. I might
do it in February ( that is when the next round of exams is) if I have
finished my equity and trusts reading.

I think that I did fairly well, considering that I had to essentially
study from scratch. (Never done evidence or legal ethics before )
Reading Odgers(ok but the uniform evidence act by itself is more readable ),
Ysiah Ross (lousy book ) and Aaronson( great book !
loved it ! ) and stacks of legistlation was interesting.

But a pass requires 75% and I cannot be confident that I will get that.
The marks come out in late August.
If I pass, I'll scan in and post the letter.
Bearpooh, arent you first year law? You were asking eariler this year in the MQ forum as to whether you should do law or not. Dont know whether you have seen this little statement on your bar website:

"A pass has a currency of nine months. That is, full time practice at the Bar must commence within nine months of passing the exams."

... How do you expect to practise as a barister within 9 months if you havent even completed your first year of law yet?

Of course, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Gavrillo said:
Are moots to law students, pistols at dawn to cowboys?

Do you bet on them? Solve your problems through them? Sleep with prostitutes after them?
damn right.

actually, after 4th yr, i reckon wit ex gets more interesting than moots :)
MaryJane said:
Bearpooh, arent you first year law? You were asking eariler this year in the MQ forum as to whether you should do law or not. Dont know whether you have seen this little statement on your bar website:

"A pass has a currency of nine months. That is, full time practice at the Bar must commence within nine months of passing the exams."

... How do you expect to practise as a barister within 9 months if you havent even completed your first year of law yet?

Of course, please correct me if I'm wrong...
poohboy doesn't want to become a barrister in 9 months. he's doing it for fun :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Frigid said:
poohboy doesn't want to become a barrister in 9 months. he's doing it for fun :rolleyes:
Ah, right... makes complete sense.. I can think of nothing more exciting than losing at least $200 on a test designed for practising solicitors :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
I can think of nothing more exciting than losing at least $200 on a test designed for practising solicitors :rolleyes:
dear, no need to use a 19-word euphemism when fucking wanker would do :)

santaslayer

HSC
bearpooh said:
But it was good practice and the exams were pretty cheap.
(Each was around the price of a dinner for two at Luke Mangan's Salt.)
And it was a lot of fun studying for and doing them..
I found that quite amusing. :p

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
Ah, right... makes complete sense.. I can think of nothing more exciting than losing at least $200 on a test designed for practising solicitors :rolleyes:
No, no! The LPAB (legal practitioner) test has to be taken BEFORE the bar exam. He didn't even do the former test, just jumped right into the latter!

PS- when are you coming in to see me at work?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
The average person doesnt suck up (interpret that as you will) to their daddy. For me, its just under two whole saturdays in retail. At least in the end I'll know I earned my way into my position fairly.

Pwar, Steve and I were in there today getting our books. I looked around for you, but the only blonde guy I saw was rather old, and thus not you!

santaslayer

HSC
Asquithian said:
Nothing worse than someone who flauts their money.

The average person has to work quite a while for 200 bucks.
I don't know whether Mr bearpooh is for real or he's just trying to get our attention...LoLz.

X

xeuyrawp

Asquithian said:
Nothing worse than someone who flauts their money.

The average person has to work quite a while for 200 bucks.
16.5 hours.

MaryJane said:
Pwar, Steve and I were in there today getting our books. I looked around for you, but the only blonde guy I saw was rather old, and thus not you!
Aw, today was my day off :( I worked all last week. Anyway, I'll see you guys again (or should I refer to you as a single entity, you're always together ;p) so I'll say hello then. I"m not very blonde; darkish, really.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bearpooh said:
The average doctor earns around $200 / hour.
The average barrister earns around $300 / hour.

Working for a whole hour is hardly "work quite a while". :rolleyes:
dear, you forget that when we are talking about an average person, we may be alluding to the legal 'reasonable' person; that is, a person of reasonable prudence and of similar age and experience (but obviously, you would know all of that already).

so, that is to say, the reasonable 18-19 year old does not earn $200 - $300 an hour.

X

xeuyrawp

asqy said:
poohbear said:
The average doctor earns around $200 / hour.
The average barrister earns around $300 / hour.

Working for a whole hour is hardly "work quite a while".
You are such an idiot. Don't talk about working until you've done it, which you clearly never have.

Edit: Can people stop quoting him so I don't have to read what he says :p (And don't you dare respond "You don't have to respond" or something equally defeatist").

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Mr. Bearpooh, could you have not just made one big reply rather than 5 individual ones? Its easy really.

And I have to say that the only reason we started talking about money was because you yourself mentioned Salt (which, in my opinion wasn't that great, I've had better), SO you my darling are the one who is obsessed with money and comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)