Bar (3 Viewers)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Melsc said:
looks like I'll be cramming the course in less than a day!
Mel, it's legal studies. For the half-yearlies, I only studied for it betwixt my morning English and my afernoon legal exam...I topped it, of course :p

X

xeuyrawp

bearpooh said:
I might as well confess.

I am Moonlight, Santaslayer and PwarYuex.

I went to a lot of trouble to create those fake personas
and now I am outed !
Hah. I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you made me laugh, or the fact that I laughed at something so silly.

Goddamnit, my email notification thing is being whacked.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
bahahaha *falls over laughing*

but for your HSC, you could be reading Patterson and Hefferson, Contract Cases and Materials by now... :)

I HATE THAT BOOK! Lamers in the second bookstore want $60 for an 8th ed (it's in 10th now).

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
what? 8th edition? How old is that?
10th was last year. 8th would be 1999? Granted, it probably has all bar 5-6 cases that are on my reading, but I still refuse to pay that much!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
IF you are strapped for cash you can just borrow it out of the reserve and photocopy the relevant pages?

but then again You will pretty much have to photocopy the whole book.
I'm doing that and it took me about 2 hours to figure out which pages to photocopy (from over two weeks). Alot of the stuff isn't worth photocopying, and I bought the companion textbook (the casebook was recommended) so I don't need too much (25 or so pages a week). I'm a little freaked out about photocopying in the law library. I half expect someone to jump out from behind a vase and scream, "THAT WAS MORE THAN 10% OF THE TEXTBOOK AND/OR A CHAPTER!" :)

stamos

sellout
HSC
Asquithian said:
How come no one has said Bearpooh is me?

Do I not look like the trolling type?
alvin yeap was more lovable than irritating

yeap yeap alvin yeap

X

xeuyrawp

stamos said:
alvin yeap was more lovable than irritating yeap yeap alvin yeap
Oh dear jesus. I had to work with him at Sony. God he's an asshole.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Any good Bar jokes? I've only got one:

A man walked into the Bar and said ouch.

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA; *wit*

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
When I tell people I want to go to the bar, you should see the looks I get...they think I want to work IN a bar LOL :rolleyes:
i know one (of) female barrister. so i say, go for it mel. :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
i know one (of) female barrister. so i say, go for it mel. :p
Oh I will and I will introduce pink robes...oh and apparently I may require some phone books to stand on so my objections don't go unnoticed :rolleyes:

Ohhh I see you have taken to mooting air? Don't you have anyone to moot now?
I'd moot you but you are too scary :p and I'd be lost in a muddle of latin terms and precedents, I'd lose

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
Oh dear I thought you were more mature than that :p
i have my moments... today at work:

Suede: you know, i saw kirby the other day at the high court registry. he looks taller and thinner than he does in pictures...

me: OMFG U SAW KIRBZ!!! *ARGHHH!!!*

Suede: hehe

me: you should've like ran up to him like a schoolgirl and asked for an autograph!!!! omg we're so lame!!!! :D

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Last year my public law lecturer took a small group of us into Kirbs' chambers at the HC registry, got to meet him, ask questions etc

He has a pretty nice room!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
i have my moments... today at work:

Suede: you know, i saw kirby the other day at the high court registry. he looks taller and thinner than he does in pictures...

me: OMFG U SAW KIRBZ!!! *ARGHHH!!!*

Suede: hehe

me: you should've like ran up to him like a schoolgirl and asked for an autograph!!!! omg we're so lame!!!! :D
I've had many geekish moments. I think it was last year I went to UNSW for some law thing, we got to go into the law library and I was soooo tempted to have a look at the case law books and I am like to my friend "omg case law books" she said I was embarrasing and wouldn't let me :( I also on the same day had a non verbal staring match with this girl from another school because she was saying I was wrong in the mock class...hee hee hee I fixed her

Then I had to visit LIAC at the state library and I went back to school and told my teacher that he lied to me and there wasnt any case law books and I was very dissapointed. I then found out when we went as a class that there are lots in the normal library part...

That's so cute you want his autograph LOL awww :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)