Batman Begins (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i tried to go see it tonight, but they'd sold out of the next few sessions.
so maybe this weekend...

trailers look good, though i heard it's not much like the cartoons, there's a lot of character develpment first, into why he becomes batman, and you don't even see him as batman until after half an hour into the movie.

overthaedge

HSC
Yeah, I saw it on the day it came out, and the place was quite full suprisingly... but yeah its definitely different to the past batman's. Personally I thought it was quite good, some tedious hollywood-moments, but overall I thought the action sequences were great. The whole thing was good, minus katie holmes, who was basically annoying.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
According to the reviews I've seen and heard it's meant to be brilliant compared to the last couple of attempts. It's currently got an 8.5 average on IMDB.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Anything's better than Batman and Robin. Ice skates and nipples, honestly...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
trailers look good, though i heard it's not much like the cartoons, there's a lot of character develpment first, into why he becomes batman, and you don't even see him as batman until after half an hour into the movie.
actually, i'm pretty sure it's much longer than that

anyway, i loved it. i usually enjoy superhero movies as some light entertainment, but this movie is truly a classic. in my mind, batman has become my favourite superhero and one of the most interesting character ever created

loved how everything about this movie seemed so real. i didn't even realise that the scarecrow was a nemesis from the comics, i assumed he was made up for the movie to suit it's more realistic tone

loved seeing bruce wayne transform into batman

loved having an obvious theme of fear that felt natural, rather than forced in a 'with great power comes great responsibility' kinda way

was reading a review complaining that batman came too late after spiderman did the 'brooding' thing. i'm sorry, but teen angst does not equal brooding. spiderman was a cliched, emo whinger. this batman has infinitely more layers than any superhero that has come before

HSC
yeh i just came home from seeing it, its goood, that new villian 'scarecrow' is a bit of a fag though. Some parts were 'wtf that doesn't make sense' parts but for the most of it its enjoyable, my mates didnt think much of it but oh well fuck em. Katie holmes sure is lustful :p the humour was lacking :( i love movies with at least some humour, one or two jokes were funny, mostly cracked by the dude that plays 'alfred'

i loved some of the dialogue, specially when he

reveals his identity to katie holmes' character

the lead in to the next movie was perfect

Last edited:
HSC
i saw it a couple of weeks ago, but the fuckers confiscated my phone because it had a camera in it, and then they lost it. anyway ..

the first hour was so boring and martial arts-ish that i thought i was going to have to jump off a cliff, but it kinda gets better. that cillian murphy guy (the scarecrow dude) has really effing hot eyes. i'd hit it.

maybe i'm dumb, but who is katie holmes' character supposed to be?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I just saw it as well. I really enjoyed the movie. Christian Bale suits the role as batman perfectly. Although when he donned the batman costume at first he looked ferocious... I liked his beefed up body tho :p.
Much much better then any of the previous batman movies, well in my opinion.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
i saw it a couple of weeks ago, but the fuckers confiscated my phone because it had a camera in it, and then they lost it. anyway ..

the first hour was so boring and martial arts-ish that i thought i was going to have to jump off a cliff, but it kinda gets better. that cillian murphy guy (the scarecrow dude) has really effing hot eyes. i'd hit it.

maybe i'm dumb, but who is katie holmes' character supposed to be?
haha they confiscated yuor phone? can it record for 2.5 hours , so u can get the whole batman?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Love it! I really enjoyed this. Love a good superhero movie. Plus I always had a thing for Katie Holmes and her cute smile.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I thought it was wonderful. The best action film since the Bourne Identity. But im biased, cos ive read EVERY SINGLE BATMAN COMIC and am truly obsessed. Anyway, they did it justice, adn hpefully they can keep going with the sequels with the incredibly hot christian bale...
I couldn't take my eyes off the scarecrow. He is GORGEOUS, if a little effeminate.
Katie homes could be getting eaten alive by vultures and would still have that piss weak smirk of hers on that girly boring face of hers.

zombie_artfag

HSC
really fun film, though they should've just dropped scarecrow and focused completely on ra's - ra's is seriously an amazing villain, and there was a heap of stuff they left out like the lazarus pit and talia... and what were they thinking with the whole ninja thing? despite being a bit unfaithful to the source material (i was hoping they'd take more from Year One), it's still the best batman film ever made

oh yeah, katie holmes' nipples = thumbs up

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i found it corny and annoying.

then again being inundated with superhero films lately has meant that i sat through this (like i sat through spiderman 1&2, the hulk etc) with a guy who loves them while i fall asleep due to the ridiculous dialogue and wooden acting.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Tulipa said:
i found it corny and annoying.

then again being inundated with superhero films lately has meant that i sat through this (like i sat through spiderman 1&2, the hulk etc) with a guy who loves them while i fall asleep due to the ridiculous dialogue and wooden acting.
you're an idiot

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I LOVE her half smile! That's what I find so cute about her! :mad: Wooden acting?! He's in character. You try gaining weight then losing it quickly for another film! Bloody seppo. Dunno what TJK sees in you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)