• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Batman Begins (2 Viewers)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
transcendent said:
I LOVE her half smile! That's what I find so cute about her! :mad: Wooden acting?! He's in character. You try gaining weight then losing it quickly for another film! Bloody seppo. Dunno what TJK sees in you :p
uh to tjk i'm someone who supplies him with quick drugs...

and he wasn't horrific... but he wasn't fantastic.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU LOVE THAT HALF SMILE IT FUCKS HER WHOLE FACE UP AND MAKES HER LOOK RETARDED!!!

/rant

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Tulipa said:
*quirks eyebrow* uh... it was shit acting. christian bale was awesome in the machinist but didn't apply that here. the rest was overplayed and katie holmes stupid half smile should be stricken from the movie. then we wouldn't see her at all.
you are an idiot. bale turned in another great performance. not only distinguishing bruce wayne from batman, but different characteristics withing bruce wayne and batman. and the 'rest overplayed'? michael caine, morgan freeman and gary oldman, all powerhouse actors who are used to dominating the screen, did some of the most subtle acting of their respective careers. i completely agree about katie holmes, but that doesn't make everyone else a bad actor, just because she is

maybe you should actually watch a movie and not assume it's what you imagine in your mind before passing judgement

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i watched it

trust me i had to watch it.

distinguishing yes. batman was stiff though, that performance was not "great". the rest of them? yeah nice cast and they could've done some work with it. dialogue let them down! and they didn't do much to try and increase it.

look you have your opinion i have mine. the end

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Tulipa said:
i watched it

trust me i had to watch it.

distinguishing yes. batman was stiff though, that performance was not "great". the rest of them? yeah nice cast and they could've done some work with it. dialogue let them down! and they didn't do much to try and increase it.

look you have your opinion i have mine. the end
no, you're wrong and i'm right. whether it was good acting or not is not opinion. it's fact. the fact is your wrong. simple as that

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I would love to take some time and see it...but Christian Bale acts as batman right? Didn't he just do the movie The Machinist where he was only skin and bones?? He must've gain a hell of a lot of weight and muscle to play batman...it's a fad to gain and lose weight nowadays isn't it

transcendent

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
i thought the acting was wonderful from christian bale, liam neeson, cillian murphy and (big surprise...) gary oldman.
Kaite holmes sucked, but i expected as much...
I will settle the half-smile argument with this:

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/GalleryKatie3.jpg

as opposed to this:

http://true-love.paper-moon.net/katie/images/kh_7.jpg

the smile is still there a little, but isn't taking over her whole face like some kind of alien...
like i said, i like the half smile. the top picture is better. i'm actually quite freaked out by the bottom one. it's overly lighted, powdered and modelled up. i prefer the natural look with natural colours.

nwatts

HSC
I loved it. Loved it to bits. This is how Hollywood action films should be.

Great acting, superb direction from Christopher Nolan (of Memento fame) and really great special effects propelled this film into the spotlight. There wasn't a dull moment at all. All blistering fun. I'll be picking this one up on DVD, for sure.

Cillian Murphy is a new favourite of mine. After 28 Days Later I made sure I kept up-to-date with his later performances, and this one was stunning.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
SipSip said:
I would love to take some time and see it...but Christian Bale acts as batman right? Didn't he just do the movie The Machinist where he was only skin and bones?? He must've gain a hell of a lot of weight and muscle to play batman...it's a fad to gain and lose weight nowadays isn't it
he lost half his body weight to do the machinist

SipSip

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
he lost half his body weight to do the machinist
Wow! That must've harmed his future health heaps...he looked like a corpse in the machinist...quite a good movie though

stamos

sellout
HSC
i'm not 100% sure but i think the DA that holmes played replaced the guy that turns into 2 face

icecreamdisco

HSC
katie holmes just got the shaft from the sequel because she wasn't a "strong enough actress". heh.

still haven't seen this for some reason. will do soon.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
so much better than the last few pitiful attempts at a batman movie.

i laughed at times when it wasn't meant to be funny though, usually when he was trying to be fierce and scary

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
thats shit katie holmes is nice eye candy, um i hate when movies change actors and actresses for the sequal i dunno why it just isnt the same

like the old show 'round the twist' how they put a little freckly faget as bronson for the new season and some ugly bitch as the girl and some wierdo as pete :(

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I just saw it and I thought it was tops. But thats because Im in love with the actor who played the Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy <3)

I really need to stop falling in love.

Last edited:

scoby_2000

HSC
i thought batman was excellent!!!

i especially loved it when batman was rushing rachel to get the cure in his car....and just before (or during) driving through the water fall he yells "RACHEL!" i thought that part was sooo cool

i really didnt like it how he revealed to katie who he was....coz isnt one of the things about "heros" and comic book characters that they never do..... ?

but i suppose it was original!

9.9/10!

lost the 0.1 because of katie holmes...sure shes hot....but shes fkn pathetic

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
8.5/10
Ive never read hte comics, and i dont think ive seen the previous films....i was forced to watch this, i wouldnt of otherwise....However im glad i did, it was awesome, and the sound effects where unbelievable, recommend it to ne1 even non-batman fans

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I think its better if you understand the background more to the characters :\

But yeah, I could follow with only a brief description of The Scarecrow and that other dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)