Baulkham Hills Interview Questions (1 Viewer)

blueberrymilkbread

HSC
N/A
hi there,

i recently got a call from baulkham hills saying that there is a vacancy available and they would like to have an interview with me in regards of transferring next year. anyone that has done the interview or has any sort of knowledge about the interview, would u be able to give me an outline/ description of the questions they will ask and the interview process?

thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, you can expect a variety of questions, which will likely target your motivation to study at Baulkham Hills High School, including your academic capability and commitment to your studies. These are important qualities that are consistent with the general environment of selective schools. Here, you may be asked questions such as:
  • Why do you want to attend our school?
  • How can you contribute to our school?
  • Which subject(s) do you enjoy the most and/or are most interested in?
Since being well-rounded is also a quality that is emphasised, you may be required to discuss elements that extend beyond your studies. These can include any hobbies and/or extracurricular activities that you engage in. Here, you may be asked questions such as:
  • Do you have any hobbies?
  • Do you participate in any extracurricular activities?
  • If you have any hobbies and/or participate in any extracurricular activities, how do you make sure that you effectively manage your time so that your studies are not affected?
Lastly, it is important to ensure that you also conduct yourself in a way so as to make a good impression on the person who will be interviewing you. This involves maintaining eye contact with the interviewer, which allows you to demonstrate your confidence, especially as you respond to their questions. Additionally, you should try to ask questions about BHHS yourself when given the opportunity, because doing so shows that you are interested in attending this school in particular.

Best of luck! I hope this helps! 😄

Yes99

HSC
Congrats! Although its not baulko, I used below link for an my interview prep, which is similar to what was mentioned already.

HSC
hi there,

i recently got a call from baulkham hills saying that there is a vacancy available and they would like to have an interview with me in regards of transferring next year. anyone that has done the interview or has any sort of knowledge about the interview, would u be able to give me an outline/ description of the questions they will ask and the interview process?

thanks
How were your edutest scores, schools reports and any club activities or extra-curricular activities? I wish to get into Baulko one day.

Also, how'd it go? Did you get a response back

blueberrymilkbread

HSC
N/A
How were your edutest scores, schools reports and any club activities or extra-curricular activities? I wish to get into Baulko one day.

Also, how'd it go? Did you get a response back
i got 5 sups in edutest, all A's and one B (for technology) for my school report Semester 1 and my previous schools report was really solid too. Other than this one leadership opportunity called JRC, I didn't really participate in many club activities (mainly bc my school was so far away) but my extracurriculars from last year were really good (public speaking, leadership, softball team, maths olympiad, dux and more). I also got like 1st in course math Sem 1 and 3 other Academic Achievement Awards (Eng, Sci, History) which I submitted in my application. All top triangles in NAPLAN too for this year.

Actually, I initially got an unsuccessful letter from baulko but a shortlist letter from JR when results came out (approx Sept 20th i think) which I was quite disappointed about but mid November an office admin from Baulko called my mum to inform her that I had gotten an interview.

The interview is kind of a formality i guess, they just want to get to know you a bit more. The questions were like "Why do you want to come to BHHS", "Do you have friends here", "Your current school is smart but the kids at Baulko are on steroids, how do you think you will cope with maybe not being near the top of Baulko like you were at your previous school" (yes he said that word for word), "Your sibling attends this school and a lot of the times, you may feel like you don't want to go to the same school as her or you might compare yourself to her what do you think you will do about that". The principal already has the letter of acceptance on his desk he just has to pick it up and sign it once the interview is over and thankfully, i did get in.

That was my experience with the whole edutest thing I hope it helped :)

(Also this is just extra info but sitting the edutest itself costs 300 dollars per year and each practice test with 4 tests and 20 questions in each comes to 60 dollars so the whole thing is extremely overpriced)

HSC
i got 5 sups in edutest, all A's and one B (for technology) for my school report Semester 1 and my previous schools report was really solid too. Other than this one leadership opportunity called JRC, I didn't really participate in many club activities (mainly bc my school was so far away) but my extracurriculars from last year were really good (public speaking, leadership, softball team, maths olympiad, dux and more). I also got like 1st in course math Sem 1 and 3 other Academic Achievement Awards (Eng, Sci, History) which I submitted in my application. All top triangles in NAPLAN too for this year.

Actually, I initially got an unsuccessful letter from baulko but a shortlist letter from JR when results came out (approx Sept 20th i think) which I was quite disappointed about but mid November an office admin from Baulko called my mum to inform her that I had gotten an interview.

The interview is kind of a formality i guess, they just want to get to know you a bit more. The questions were like "Why do you want to come to BHHS", "Do you have friends here", "Your current school is smart but the kids at Baulko are on steroids, how do you think you will cope with maybe not being near the top of Baulko like you were at your previous school" (yes he said that word for word), "Your sibling attends this school and a lot of the times, you may feel like you don't want to go to the same school as her or you might compare yourself to her what do you think you will do about that". The principal already has the letter of acceptance on his desk he just has to pick it up and sign it once the interview is over and thankfully, i did get in.

That was my experience with the whole edutest thing I hope it helped :)

(Also this is just extra info but sitting the edutest itself costs 300 dollars per year and each practice test with 4 tests and 20 questions in each comes to 60 dollars so the whole thing is extremely overpriced)
I applied for baulko last year for 2024 entry but I didn't get 😕 it's alr though. I appreciate the amount of information you provided, also was your last school public or partially and which year did you apply for?

How'd you study for the test, how many past papers/practice tests did you do per day and did you do anything else besides past papers?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I just really want to get into a good selective school

blueberrymilkbread

HSC
N/A
I applied for baulko last year for 2024 entry but I didn't get 😕 it's alr though. I appreciate the amount of information you provided, also was your last school public or partially and which year did you apply for?

How'd you study for the test, how many past papers/practice tests did you do per day and did you do anything else besides past papers?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, I just really want to get into a good selective school
my last school was fully selective and in like the top 20 selective schools. i did some of the practice papers (honestly they were much easier than the test imo) and some of the victorian selective papers which were much more similar to the test. i think everyone found mathematical reasoning a struggle so its worth studying for that and verbal reasoning requires an extensive vocabulary since a lot of questions are vocab based.

Sethio

HSC
"Your current school is smart but the kids at Baulko are on steroids, how do you think you will cope with maybe not being near the top of Baulko like you were at your previous school" (yes he said that word for word)
hahaha. no way he actually said that. my interview was so dead cause he had some assembly or something before. i thought the question were quite useless. cause like i mean no one is going to admit that they wont be able to cope or like why would you try all this way. i guess its just to test you are not an npc.

blueberrymilkbread

HSC
N/A
hahaha. no way he actually said that. my interview was so dead cause he had some assembly or something before. i thought the question were quite useless. cause like i mean no one is going to admit that they wont be able to cope or like why would you try all this way. i guess its just to test you are not an npc.
yea probably to like judge your character as well or sm. idk why he was like "do you think youll have an issue with coming to the same school as your sister" bc we went to the same primary school and were in the same school for oc as well. plus we literally live together so that question was extremely redundant imo

HSC
my last school was fully selective and in like the top 20 selective schools. i did some of the practice papers (honestly they were much easier than the test imo) and some of the victorian selective papers which were much more similar to the test. i think everyone found mathematical reasoning a struggle so its worth studying for that and verbal reasoning requires an extensive vocabulary since a lot of questions are vocab based.
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)