BAULKO/JRAHS TUTOR English 2/3/4u (HSC 96) Geography (93). Histories and Maths also! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Updated Thread (i.e. good, better, Bobness)

Oldness? No

Newness? Maybe

Bobness :uhhuh:

From lessons previously learnt:

Personal: Hi i'm Bob and am an alumnus of James Rice. I attended Baulkham Hills High School up to year 9.

Credentials: I have references from teachers, recognised industry professionals and my peers available upon request. Opinions from current students also on hand. PM me for exact UAI details, I don't think it's too important if i've provided the marks but hey curiosity gets the best of us. By "curiosity" i mean 'we all' and "gets the best of us" i mean 'put our hands up for detroit'.

Experience: I have tutored eleventy students since the hsc and thus have extensive practical experience. I maintain correspondence with past and present english and history hsc markers contributing to my strong knowledge of the syllabus. I am indirectly involved with the English Teachers Association (ETA) and History Teachers Association (HTA) and am the owner of many of their publications. Considering my resources at hand, very interactive tuition and of course ability, my rate is very affordable.

Where: Kensington. Wentworthville. Possibly Xanadu, Tintern Abbey or the World State.

Contacts: To prank me 0433 818 828. To send me emails imploring for my credit card details to help a Nigerian prince distribute his fortune much.bobness@gmail.com. I'm serious if you need me to be, I promise :)

English Advanced

Mark - I am booked out with my present students for the time being. Of which one is called mark zomg!

My external (hsc) english mark was 69. :shy:

The top HSC mark in 2006 was 99 (according to the uac publications) so at least for my actual hsc I was <3 off :D

I am now extremely competent in teaching Physical Journeys (Huck Finn, Skrzynecki Poetry), Imaginative Journeys (The Tempest, Coleridge Poetry) and Inner Journeys (My Place, Imaginative Corners Poetry) as I have successfully guided my students through these texts in their first term assessments. Most concepts of journeys overlap and thus i can share helpful tips for section 1, section 2 AND section 3 no matter your prescribed txt (msg):) i.e.

U L%kD lyk Jess Alba
n da hat w d bobble,
d jacket w d trimmings,
thOs warm wNtR gloves.
But yr ice prncess routine,
needed wrming up luv
m@R of fact.
Wz 2 hot 2 hndle,
gone lyk a cndle,
im no longr a man, doll.​
Module A I can do In the Wild (Blade Runner/BNW) and Transformations (Emma/Clueless, Hamlet/Ros and Guil) exceptionally well, having assisted my students recently through second term (term 1 2007). Soma-noxema-regicide-savages-valspeak-absurdism-conglomerashunz.

Module B is Yeats Poetry, King Lear and Speeches. Harwood Poetry, Wild swans and Cloudstreet also (having successfully guided my baulko students through module b in their half yearlies - term 1 2007).

Module C is Telling the Truth (Frontline) and Powerplay (Antony & Cleopatra and Bruce Springstien, Madonna, Way before Nirvana There was U2 and Blondie, And music still on MTV, Her two kids in high school, They tell her that she’s uncool, Cause she's still preoccupied with 19, 19, 1984).

I believe I am one of the few English tutors who scored extremely well for English while doing humanities (and not 5unit maths, 8unit science). This is indicative of my genuine interest in this area and as I am continuing with English studies for the remainder of my life, you know you’re investing in someone good ;)

English extension is still individual and society and postmodernism. Creatives in particular are my pianoforte. I can also assist you in orchestrating a symphony of experience as you create inspirational, synesthetic works, and all that jazz.

English extension two, I can act as your sensei providing detailed feedback on your journal process, assessments and the actual major work, in any medium you are composing in. Aishiteru. (Ignore the postcolonial 'orientalism' here but do focus on the psychoanalytical 'pleasure' principle) I myself did critical theory for my proposal before moving onto the short story medium which incorporated poetry.

My areas of interest and research topics undertaken in English are specifically:

§ feminism
§ psychoanalytical discourse theory (I'm very jung at heart and freud-spirited)
§ postmodernism

Geography

Mark - 93

1) Ecosystems at risk

With Minnamurra Rainforest and Towra Point (Botany Bay) as case studies.

My strategy is to help you grasp the underlying concepts in this topic so that all connections within syllabus dot points are VERY clear to you. For e.g. there are many overlaps between management strategies and vulnerability and resilience of ecosystems and I strive to help you most concisely express your ideas with flair. VOTE GREENS!

2) Urban Places

For Urban dynamics I did urban consolidation at Pyrmont. My World City and Mega City case studies were taken from across the globe so I can cater for any cities you might have an interest in!

3) People and Economic Activity

I did Tourism (global) and Quay West Hotels (local).

For the HSC geography course in general I believe that understanding concepts with a strong theoretical framework is imperative. (Like cutting back on greenhouse gases) Hence I build these solid foundations for all my tutorees so that any sophisticated ideas can percolate into your work naturally and subtly :eek: (Like my enthusiastic environmentalism t-r-e-e b-i-e-n)

My credentials for this include:
§ High Distinction in the National Geographic Channel (Australian Geography) Competition for the last 3 years. I'm rad, you're rad, let's hug (trees).
§ I was tutored previously by the girl who placed first in the state in HSC Geography 2004. Funny thing is, she's absolutely brilliant in chess and helped me a bit for that as well :D Matez
§ She actually prepared more than her own school’s case studies for her hsc and I still have some of her handwritten notes. I am willing to share some of this which may relate to your own case studies. And even if you did different case studies I am certain I can still help you. (I can tee to the argh to the why, fo shiz)

I have left small parodies throughout, just to reinforce my unavailability. That may in fact be a non-sequitar but remember, I'm All Milhouse! Plus, my mum says I'm the handsomest guy in school! :shy:

Looking to hear from others very soon :wave:

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Just to let those interested parties know, i'm taking a one week break from tuition for some quality time with family.

I shall resume in the new year.

Merry christmas all :santa:

P.S. I think my gift icon courtesy of brogan opened yesterday in my sig and there was some hardcore pron? Yes it was not meant to offend others but a practical joke on his part gone wrong :eek: Apologies to anybody affected, and mods please give him another chance :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Re: BAULKO/JRAHS TUTOR English 2/3/4u (HSC 96) Geography (93). Histories and Maths al

07ers! This guy is teh sex.

Plus he makes funny puns and shitznatz...

Oye bobness, did anyone actually get a band E4 for history ext :S?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Re: BAULKO/JRAHS TUTOR English 2/3/4u (HSC 96) Geography (93). Histories and Maths al

At my school? Nope :/

I'm going to copy and paste what i had in my thread initially.

orly said:
History extension remains one of my most loved subjects, and I did score 43/50 for the hsc. This however happened to be equal 1st at Ruse (out of 12 people). In any case I can definitely provide for others a very easy to understand (populist :p) yet inherently sophisticated summary of historiography and historical case studies.
Congrats on your uai lanelle. It is also teh sex :eek:

HSC
Hey dude, i may concider you to be my english adv tutor (and possibly ext 1). My course starts around feb at tafe so ill probably need you around that time to start. I live in hinchinbrook btw, not far from wentworthvile. I'll give a buzz in the near future.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Preditor.89.N7G said:
Hey dude, i may concider you to be my english adv tutor (and possibly ext 1). My course starts around feb at tafe so ill probably need you around that time to start. I live in hinchinbrook btw, not far from wentworthvile. I'll give a buzz in the near future.
Oh ok you know my address :eek:

I just googled hinchinbrook and after 'feeling lucky' i was taken to some resort in north queensland.

Not too bad but if you're around parramatta then hey, no probs.

HSC
bobness said:
Oh ok you know my address :eek:

I just googled hinchinbrook and after 'feeling lucky' i was taken to some resort in north queensland.

Not too bad but if you're around parramatta then hey, no probs.
lol, well yea its close...............theres no need to go on the 'feel lucky' button google :p, because ill tell you all the details you need, or i could try to go to ur house for tutoring.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL why not just meet at parra lib? :)

Btw good luck with your tutoring bobbyo. I should've charged u "consultancy fees" for all this time! jkjk.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Preditor.89.N7G said:
lol, well yea its close...............theres no need to go on the 'feel lucky' button google :p, because ill tell you all the details you need, or i could try to go to ur house for tutoring.
I know it was my joke. I hope you got it :)

In the future though, you could make it less obvious that you're also thinking about tutoring with kaivan bahaha. I will recommend him here (i mean who wouldn't, with the 100) but now i feel i must personally duel with him to win your tuition affections.

And i shall win.

Make peace not war.

HSC
Yous are both winners to me :) , i like your passion for english and i like his passion for maths&physics...i dont understand the need for a duel :p:p:p:p hahaha, na ill contact in the near future, you got msn?, mine is nick_2nv@hotmail.com.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
bobness said:
The top HSC mark in 2006 was 98 (according to my teachers) so at least for my actual hsc I wasn't too far off :D
The top HSC mark for English Advanced was actually 99....lol

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
The top HSC mark for English Advanced was actually 99....lol
Is that what Jess Masters scored?

And where did you hear it from? I at least quote my (reputable sources) when i post details, maybe you should too :)

I'll edit the original post but.

zeek

HSC
5 marks difference is nothing man... especially in english where a marker can be biased towards your own point of view in an essay

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
zeek said:
5 marks difference is nothing man... especially in english where a marker can be biased towards your own point of view in an essay
So in other words, are you saying i'm awesome?

Well thank you, i like your fro too :p

p.s. To jeff, haven't spoken to you in a while what's up? That nick you gave me sounds very korean :) Oh and i'll more than repay all the consultancy fees in the future when i invite you to my commercial firm :rolleyes:

haque

HSC
Definitely recommend this guy for english especially-has a good sense of humour and to get an exam mark of 96 is crazy-places him in top 0.5% i think-btw bobness there's nothing wwrong with maths and the sciences man-dunno why u english guys hate it so much lol

P

pLuvia

Probably the same reason we maths/science students hate english :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)