BComm at which unis?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Is USYD as good as commerce as you all make it out to be, their commerce degree is very generalised which matches the USYD philosophy wif 7 core comm subjects.
are you only sayin its good coz its a degree from the UoSYD
??
USYD's commerce degree has been modified as of 2006 to be very up-to-date and relevant with various standards. I wouldn't call it "generalised"; rather academically solid.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
For ugrads, i dont think rep matters. Marks and extra curicular is what employers look for.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
Not 7 cores, 10 cores, compared to unsw's 6 core subjects. Their reasoning behind it is that their graduates will graduate with an understanding of more areas of commerce, hence the compulsory accounting, statistics, economics, marketing, work & organisation, government and finance subjects. Perhaps you dont value this characteristic as much as the faculty does, oh well, neither did i, thats why i do economics there. But ignoring that, the faculty has access to good facilities, excellent academic staff, so on that basis I would consider it a good degree.

Raginsheep

HSC
I think someone on this forum here ranted once about Usyd's degree being more generalised than UNSW.

Monstar

HSC
so.. bcomm at nsw or syd?

So whats wrong with bcomm at macq?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
lol it doesn't matter, we're not PHD level for gods sakes. No-one cares. Both courses are good.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
unsw micro is wayyyyy easier in first year. my friends at usyd have to do some tricky calculus shit while us unsw people just regurgitate the crap we did in year 11.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
Holy fuck, I'm so sick of this USYD v. UNSW crap. get over it.
it's the big question though. :D which one is betteR?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Choose UNCLE.

You wont see it in the reputation wars, because its a whole different league. The higher level.

So-net

HSC
回覆: Re: BComm at which unis??

Monstar said:
im actually gonna do a major in finance and another major in business law (can you do that?)
I guess....
For UNSW and USyd. ...... the answer is yes
For UTS and MQU.... the answer is no.... you need to take B. Com. / B. Law (MQU) or B. Bus. / B. Law (UTS)

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: BComm at which unis??

Doesn't Maq have a business law degree? Can't you do a double with applied finance?

So-net

HSC
回覆: Re: 回覆: Re: BComm at which unis??

Raginsheep said:
Doesn't Maq have a business law degree? Can't you do a double with applied finance?
Macquarie does.... but that will be award as a double degree....not a double major................

Raginsheep

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: 回覆: Re: BComm at which unis??

Well.....if you specifically want a double major only then i guess although you might as well just take the double degree

Monstar

HSC

So-net said:
Macquarie does.... but that will be award as a double degree....not a double major................
SO your saying i can do a double major in finance and business law at maq?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC

well you're going to have to do b app fin/llb at mac, which is five years i think, as opposed to doing finance and business law within b com at unsw or usyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)