boris

Banned
HSC
ok 20 push ups may be hard if you're a pussy

iNerd

Banned
HSC
mine was 13.9

ok. Im a long distance cross country runner, and just some basic tips that I find helps heaps when running.

1. Eat pasta or spaghetti the night before, or something very wheaty cause these have carbohydrates in them, an when your running for a long time (well i think the beep test lasts pretty long) you need to average out stored energy for some time and release it as your run.

2. Drink LITTLE sips of water before the run, this is just to moisten your throat and get your stomach ready. If you drink lots, it will interfere with your bowl and also way you down.

3. Tie your hair up .. common sense

4. When running, take of ALL ACCESSORIES. That includes, earing, watches, bracelets, hair clips etc. These will weigh you down, as they only seem little, but every little thing counts. This also relates to wearing light but efficient clothes. If your in uniform then...pffft.

5. Run ever day. That is a ditto no brainer too. But many people still seem to be lazy and neglect these facts. Build up your strength, and DO NOT start hard on, straight off. It will tire you out and you are less likely to try again.

6. In the morning of the beep test. Attempt to conserve your energy. SLEEP HEAPS and EAT PASTA the night before and in the morning do NOT go for a run as that will tire you out to.

7. SRETCH. I can NOT emphasize how important this is. Before you run, spend a good long 5-15 minutes just strechting out your muscles. That will make them more relaxed and feel less like lead so quickly.

8. After your run DO NOT SIT DOWN!!! AS bloody tired as you may be. Do not sit down. Many people still neglect this golden rule, but this is really important as the blood needs to ease down not be FORCED.

9. and another thing [*edit] ALWAYS double tie your shoe laces. or triple or quadruple. I usually tie till the lace disappears. Cause it's a TERRIBLE experience to have to stop running at the peak of a run due to a lose shoe lace. [note long rant] Happened at school athletics carnival once, and the shoe lace was loose, and it was hindering my 800m race. So i was like, fuk it. And ran with one shoe. Regardless, I still came first in my heat, but was heaps of my usual time. And it made me look stupid and ruin my socks.

And that's all I can remember for the top of my head. But if you need anymore, I'm willing to ask my FREAK RUNNER friends.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
mine was 13.9

ok. Im a long distance cross country runner, and just some basic tips that I find helps heaps when running.

1. Eat pasta or spaghetti the night before, or something very wheaty cause these have carbohydrates in them, an when your running for a long time (well i think the beep test lasts pretty long) you need to average out stored energy for some time and release it as your run.

2. Drink LITTLE sips of water before the run, this is just to moisten your throat and get your stomach ready. If you drink lots, it will interfere with your bowl and also way you down.

4. When running, take of ALL ACCESSORIES. That includes, earing, watches, bracelets, hair clips etc. These will weigh you down, as they only seem little, but every little thing counts. This also relates to wearing light but efficient clothes. If your in uniform then...pffft.

5. Run ever day. That is a ditto no brainer too. But many people still seem to be lazy and neglect these facts. Build up your strength, and DO NOT start hard on, straight off. It will tire you out and you are less likely to try again.

6. In the morning of the beep test. Attempt to conserve your energy. SLEEP HEAPS and EAT PASTA the night before and in the morning do NOT go for a run as that will tire you out to.

7. SRETCH. I can NOT emphasize how important this is. Before you run, spend a good long 5-15 minutes just strechting out your muscles. That will make them more relaxed and feel less like lead so quickly.

8. After your run DO NOT SIT DOWN!!! AS bloody tired as you may be. Do not sit down. Many people still neglect this golden rule, but this is really important as the blood needs to ease down not be FORCED.

And that's all I can remember for the top of my head. But if you need anymore, I'm willing to ask my FREAK RUNNER friends.
wow

you raped the english language pretty comprehensively

nice work

Kittikhun

HSC
13.9! Damn that`s like sprinting the last 500m full out or something. Crazy. You must be really fit.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
My best was something like 7.4 in Year 8/9.

Yeah, was better at strength/flexibility tests than cardio endurance.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Really? Doing them in the correct position is actually hard for those who don't exercise. In my experience, many people who claim to be able to do 50 push ups or above in my school do them in the wrong position or do not go down low enough. This is especially the case for males who think that the push up position for women are for pussies. In fact it's just as hard as normal push ups. The lads just don't realise that they're doing the female push ups wrong. It definitely is not easy, bro.
you're fucking joking right...

Kittikhun

HSC
you're fucking joking right...
No. Try it and make sure you`re doing them correctly and you`ll see. The only thing that is different from normal push ups is that because you got your knees planted oo the floorthe push up doesn`t test your core body strength throughout the exercise that much as compared to normal push ups.

andyMUFFINS

HSC
i hate cardio :(
then again, i play volleyball. I don't need much endurance :p

Goodluck getting to your aim though. you should probably keep the exercises up even after you get there, you know. Just to stay fit ;)

CIV1501

Banned
HSC

Goodluck getting to your aim though. you should probably keep the exercises up even after you get there, you know. Just to stay fit ;)
so you're gay then

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
I have never been fit, or any semblance of strong.
I have, however, always been able to get a solid 10 in the beep test and do 20 real push ups.

Make sure the beep test you're doing is actually 20 metres. even 22 metres makes a huge difference in what you can reach.
You don't even need to stretch before the beep test, it starts as a freaking warm up.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Really? Doing them in the correct position is actually hard for those who don't exercise. In my experience, many people who claim to be able to do 50 push ups or above in my school do them in the wrong position or do not go down low enough. This is especially the case for males who think that the push up position for women are for pussies. In fact it's just as hard as normal push ups. The lads just don't realise that they're doing the female push ups wrong. It definitely is not easy, bro.
waiting for the punchline...

mine was 13.9

9. and another thing [*edit] ALWAYS double tie your shoe laces. or triple or quadruple. I usually tie till the lace disappears. Cause it's a TERRIBLE experience to have to stop running at the peak of a run due to a lose shoe lace. [note long rant] Happened at school athletics carnival once, and the shoe lace was loose, and it was hindering my 800m race. So i was like, fuk it. And ran with one shoe. Regardless, I still came first in my heat, but was heaps of my usual time. And it made me look stupid and ruin my socks.

in all honest, those tips are common knowledge and they wont help her reach her goal of 8.1.

edit: and you should be warming up and stretching as you go for more than 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

a couple of drawn-out rallies will have your legs and arms feeling like shit.
watch this shit.

Last edited:

Enchantress91

HSC
How come I never sweat whist doing the test? It's so weird, the girl next to me sweats like crazy on her face and I'm full on dry (well she did get a slightly higher score). Ok, I sweat sometimes behind my neck and on my arms and legs, just not my face. Am I just not pushing myself hard enough or is there something wrong with my sweat glands? :mad1: I've never had sweat dripping off my cheeks or anything! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?:confused:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
How come I never sweat whist doing the test? It's so weird, the girl next to me sweats like crazy on her face and I'm full on dry (well she did get a slightly higher score). Ok, I sweat sometimes behind my neck and on my arms and legs, just not my face. Am I just not pushing myself hard enough or is there something wrong with my sweat glands? :mad1: I've never had sweat dripping off my cheeks or anything! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?:confused:
You're not trying hard enough. You're a quitter. You don't stop till you're sweating like a motherfucking pig.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
No. Try it and make sure you`re doing them correctly and you`ll see. The only thing that is different from normal push ups is that because you got your knees planted oo the floorthe push up doesn`t test your core body strength throughout the exercise that much as compared to normal push ups.
you really are an idiot if you believe this shit.

there is more weight involved in doing a 'mens' style push up.

the angle, the weight distribution everything makes it harder.

here's a tip....

attempt to pass physics and then try and prove to me that what you're saying is correct.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
lol all a girl push up does it shorten your body

obviously there is less weight and a shorter body to lift so it is fucking way easier

thats why its for girls

they arent expected to have as much upper body strength as boys

thats why its easier

Enchantress91

HSC
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can do a self assessment using this beep test
Lol, why would I pay for it when I can just download it from the defencejobs website. (I'm bankrupt at the moment, thanx to Mother's Day:)). But thanx anyway.

Oh btw, I got to 5.4 on Fri. Heheh...:headbang: :shy: Gonna do it again on Tues in the school gym... Teachers probly think I'm some kind of freak, coz I'm not noramally a very sporty person and suddenly I'm using the gym like every single day. Actually that just reminded me, my grandma's at an athletics carnival this afternoon (lol for the elderlies), how cute... But she's kinda fat, so... i really can't picture her running, lol (why am i being so slack...)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
:eek: you gotta be kidding me, some girls (including a friend who's a volleyball champ) in my class drop out in mid level 3. So that kinda strips away my motivation. Guess if I have someone to scream at me at the top of their lungs, i could get through level further. Seriously, I'd pay for a fitness instructor to scream at me while I do my beep test!:burn:quote]

i'm fairly sure a level of fitness that low is only possible in theory.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
so basically what you're saying is, 'female pushups and normal push ups are of the same difficulty, in fact, the only difference between them is that female pushups are less difficult'

you are an absolute douchebag

probably because you are getting such poor scores on the test.

nah people sweat different amounts. i break sweat easily even though i am very fit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)