Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

HSC
OMFG, people are still going on about this one text/two text thing.

GO BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

Seriously, who cares, whats done is done, you can't change anything by ranting on BoS, you're just wasting time, something that could be better utilised for STUDYING (I hear it's useful for the HSC!)
Go Moseley :D

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
My teacher is a marker. They were briefed yesterday and told that 2 supplementary texts will be marked normally, with no penalities. Each of the supp texts will be considered.
Good Source . I think my dog is a marker as well.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Oh shit. Guys can u help me out? For the essay i done one related text. However i forgot to mention the TEXT TYPE! It is a short story and my prescribed is a novel. THe problem is that since a short story and novel are so similiar, they will probably read as if i have done TWO NOVELS.

In the rubric the BOS say they want a " VARIETY OF TEXTS!"

anyone...?

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
This is gonna look terrible for the Board if they actually cave into this. Though they may use the excuse that they 'need sufficient numbers to fill the top band' or something like that, on face value they are just marking our essays based on a different question to the one they gave us.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
If the Board of Studies actually marks 2 related texts normally, I'll lose all respect for them.

So if next years question asks for two related texts only and someone writes four, is that essay going to marked normally as well?

Seriously, if they're going to do that they're better of just asking:

"What do you know about 'Belonging'?

Please spew out your essay using as many texts as you like."

vantastic

HSC
Me thinks everybody needs to calm their farm. Nothing we can say and/or do is going to change anything, the BOS is fucked anyway so we'll just have to let them do what they wanna do.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Me thinks everybody needs to calm their farm. Nothing we can say and/or do is going to change anything, the BOS is fucked anyway so we'll just have to let them do what they wanna do.
Actually, I think what some people say and/or do is at least somewhat influential.

For example, maybe the Board would be marking the test differently if all the people who wrote more than 1 related text didn't complain. Maybe they might even be actually marking according to the question asked. But now it (apparently) seems they've caved into the pressure.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
This is silly. The aura surrounding the students who did two related texts is obviously elevated...blah blah blah they can adapt two different texts...what a crock of shit. I had to cut my prepared essay (yes I prepare) and did ONE related text as if it were in an essay for two. No I did not go into extra depth (hoping it was in-depth already). This is a real kick in the balls.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
This is silly. The aura surrounding the students who did two related texts is obviously elevated...blah blah blah they can adapt two different texts...what a crock of shit. I had to cut my prepared essay (yes I prepare) and did ONE related text as if it were in an essay for two. No I did not go into extra depth (hoping it was in-depth already). This is a real kick in the balls.
Yep, same here.

And if anyone here from the Board reads this, don't get the mistaken impression that we are just a vocal minority and use that to cloud your judgement - this is a terriblly unjust and unprofessional decision if it is indeed true.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Same here! My essay flows a lot better with my second related text.

My tip to the class of 2010- don't bother reading the question, just write what you want.

Allisonius

HSC
Are markers even allowed to talk to students about how they are marking the papers...?
I would certainly hope not.

lynton

HSC
I am soo happy right now that they are marking the two related texts. Personally i read the question as refer to 'at least one text', not write exactly one and one only. I nailed my two texts because they related to the question easily. I think it is unfair if they didnt read all the texts. Anyway we can't change the exam now.. Go and study or something and get over it!!!!

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I am soo happy right now that they are marking the two related texts. Personally i read the question as refer to 'at least one text', not write exactly one and one only. I nailed my two texts because they related to the question easily. I think it is unfair if they didnt read all the texts. Anyway we can't change the exam now.. Go and study or something and get over it!!!!
There was no ambiguity whatsoever about the question. The word ONE was not a metaphor for, nor was it alluding to TWO related texts.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There was no ambiguity whatsoever about the question. The word ONE was not a metaphor for, nor was it alluding to TWO related texts.
Hahahahaa.

But what is funnier is the shitstorm that comes every single time someone makes this thread. I bet I could make a thread when marks come out, and there'd still be 09ers coming back making a shitstorm. :p

KnifeySpoony

HSC
L2 read CAPITAL letters kthx.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
It's just a very strange thing for them to do...It's like in a maths test, if it says find velocity and everyone in the state finds acceleration - what, will they change the outcomes of the question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)