Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

HSC
OMFG
I have read your post over the last 2 pages and you make me want to rip my hair out and eat it

YOU CAN'T INTERPRET A QUESTION THAT WAS DESIGNED TO BE INTERPRETED IN ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY

NO FUCKING PUN INTENDED

BoS even admitted it was designed to break the 'habit' and by habit I mean:
1- Over-preparation based on memorised essays
2- over-preparation based on past papers

It was designed to make you think on the spot - now why the fuck would BoS make a question that allowed you to write about more than one text if they admitted they wanted you to think on your feet!

This isn't a damn metaphor or an art work that people have differing opinions on

Its as simple as AnnaBackwards put it: you are just coming up with excuses to shelter your complete stupidity

JUST ADMIT IT - you made a dumb mistake along with 1/3 of the state. No big fucking deal. Move on!
way to tell em (Y)

yamateh

HSC
but she placed no parameters or limits on how many. i take one, then i take another one. i did what she asked. i took one. but she didn't place an adverb specifically stating the desired amount. because no, she didn't say only. hence i can take more without going against her command.
are u fking retarded

the question says to use ONE related text. ONE

your saying you can do one, then one more, then one more, and overall still only do 1 text.

1 + 1 + 1 =/= 1

Mas1991

HSC
OMFG
I have read your post over the last 2 pages and you make me want to rip my hair out and eat it

YOU CAN'T INTERPRET A QUESTION THAT WAS DESIGNED TO BE INTERPRETED IN ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY

NO FUCKING PUN INTENDED

BoS even admitted it was designed to break the 'habit' and by habit I mean:
1- Over-preparation based on memorised essays
2- over-preparation based on past papers

It was designed to make you think on the spot - now why the fuck would BoS make a question that allowed you to write about more than one text if they admitted they wanted you to think on your feet!

This isn't a damn metaphor or an art work that people have differing opinions on

Its as simple as AnnaBackwards put it: you are just coming up with excuses to shelter your complete stupidity

JUST ADMIT IT - you made a dumb mistake along with 1/3 of the state. No big fucking deal. Move on!
jeez calm down. if BOS designed the question to be interpreted in only one way then why wouldn't they just place that simple word "only" in the question. they spend months coming up with these questions and teams read and re-read to make sure there can be no mix-ups to what they want. if they had the word "only" i wouldn't be here arguing. i just would've scrapped my 2nd related and my essay goes from 1300 to 1000ish words. no biggie, thats still an essay. even if they don't mark my second related i don't care because my remaining essay is deep enough for a 14/15. im just saying, writing two is not against the question

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Lol well I was pissed of at this so he made a good punching bag...probably could have gotten the message accross with less swearing :)

jassono

HSC
The moral of this story, mix the hot porridge with the cold one, with the warm one, then youve got a hell of a lot of good warm porridge

mckensara

HSC
jeez calm down. if BOS designed the question to be interpreted in only one way then why wouldn't they just place that simple word "only" in the question. they spend months coming up with these questions and teams read and re-read to make sure there can be no mix-ups to what they want. if they had the word "only" i wouldn't be here arguing. i just would've scrapped my 2nd related and my essay goes from 1300 to 1000ish words. no biggie, thats still an essay. even if they don't mark my second related i don't care because my remaining essay is deep enough for a 14/15. im just saying, writing two is not against the question
if you think that writing two related texts is not against the question
gl with your 14/15.

jassono

HSC
It should just be ignored
Its not as bad as doing no related texts, that would be clearly against the question
I dont see any of those people arguing here hahaha

yamateh

HSC
i fail to see difference between the statements:

1) and ONE other related text

and

2) and only ONE other related text

its an english exam. you interpret the question literally. how the fk does "and ONE other related text" possibly entitle you to write more than one

LChia

HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?
I reckon the first post is an attempt at trolling.

I highly doubt the BOS would a design a question that forces students to think and deviate from prepared answers -then disregard it, and mark the question any old how.

What's the fucking point of ONE related text then?

Your sources are specious, and I think you are just trying to stir up a heated debate - which, you have somewhat managed to do. Well done.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
but she placed no parameters or limits on how many. i take one, then i take another one. i did what she asked. i took one. but she didn't place an adverb specifically stating the desired amount. because no, she didn't say only. hence i can take more without going against her command.
You're a bloody idiot. Let me ask you this, did you talk about only your prescribed text or did you talk about a prescribed text that wasn't your own as well? Of course you only talked about your own because that's all it asked for.As Fluorescent said, stop hiding behind your excuse.

For your sake, i hope you're a troll.

dynan

HSC
i did ONE text, i just did another ONE
Its not like i didnt see the one in big capital letters, but like most i had a pre-prepared essay which easily adapted to the question so i did it anyway
i figured if they wanted one and one only they would put that magic word "only" infront of the big one in capital letters

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
The fact that you even need them to specify something like that just shows you have the mental capacity of like a 2 year old

Most people admitted that they magically attached 'at least' to the question because they skimmed it or assumed it was gonna be the same as other years

But here you are trying to argue that you can just as easily add any damn thing (such as at least) to the question - despite board of studies admitting the question was made purposely narrow

The question didn't say " use [insert any word you like] ONE related text"

I don't see why that doesn't pass through your head...It is seriously beyond me

greatgreeks2

HSC
in mathematics probability u get questions like find the probability of "getting at least 3 sixes" and find the probability of getting "one six" they each have one distinct answer

anagram-

HSC
omg. drop it. fluorescent, he's said a dozen times it's all about interpretation. the question didn't say "use [insert any other word you like here] ONE related text". yeah i agree with you.

YOU INSERTED A FUCKING ONLY.

stop crying! if it's ignored it's ignored. big deal. if you're good at english then even if they ignore one you should be good enough for a 14/15. doesn't make a difference imo.

and if you're going to throw the toys out of the pram again fluorescent please let someone know so you can get your diaper changed

greatgreeks2

HSC
lol the relevance is that a question that says "at least" has a different answer to one that says "one" therefore using 2 related is a different answer to using 1

u get my drift

anagram-

HSC
in mathematics probability u get questions like find the probability of "getting at least 3 sixes" and find the probability of getting "one six" they each have one distinct answer

and if you did any maths, you'd know that it's those sorts of questions which are open to debate in class. people will come up with another answer and the teacher will say "hey that's right too, the textbook's wrong" and everyone moves on and everyone's happy.

so if you're going to compare it to maths at least think about it you twat.

and move on and be happy too :)

LChia

HSC
relevance?
I believe that he was demonstrating the significance of how different "at least" and "one" are.

See, in English, sometimes words mean different things. It's really important that you see that, okay?

yamateh

HSC
and if you did any maths, you'd know that it's those sorts of questions which are open to debate in class. people will come up with another answer and the teacher will say "hey that's right too, the textbook's wrong" and everyone moves on and everyone's happy.

so if you're going to compare it to maths at least think about it you twat.

and move on and be happy too :)
actually if YOU did any maths, you'd know that their completely different questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)