Belonging Essay Predictions! (1 Viewer)

fromsobi

HSC
Title says it all.

What do you guys think the belonging essay for 2013 HSC will be on?

I'm rooting for connections to place!

kietkiet

HSC
Belonging. With reference to your Set text and ONE related text.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Title says it all.

What do you guys think the belonging essay for 2013 HSC will be on?

I'm rooting for connections to place!
They already did that in 2011. Highly unlikely it'll be a focus again.

Probably identity, culture, and/or social connections as they are the remaining parts of the syllabus that haven't been done yet. Possibly family too.

study1234

HSC
Identity is in like every school trial. Is it likely that it would be similar to the CSSA trial (belonging as choice), or even perhaps about the barriers that prevent belonging?

Elisa Sweet

HSC
No idea, but I'm hoping the theme for the whole paper is either to place or people.

fromsobi

HSC
Chances of it being identity and/or places

Just hope it has nothing to do with family or choice.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Chances of it being identity and/or places

Just hope it has nothing to do with family or choice.
We had choice for half yearlies and trials, so I wouldn't be upset since I've become familiar with it.

If it's identity, I'm doing cartwheels after the exam.

fromsobi

HSC
They already did that in 2011. Highly unlikely it'll be a focus again.

Probably identity, culture, and/or social connections as they are the remaining parts of the syllabus that haven't been done yet. Possibly family too.
The questions for 2010 and 2012 were very similar. Both pertaining to interaction with others/world.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Same, I don't want it to be family or choice though! Fingers crossed for identity!
I guess I could manipulate what I have, but I think it's annoying when BOS tries to make you derive something which isn't in your prescribed to begin with, or must require you to study those weird poems.

Candidate

HSC
I hope it isn't choices to belong or not belong, since my school hasn't made us do any questions on that. I hope it is either connections/relationships with people or groups/community or cultural/social context.

Connections to the larger world would be the easiest, but they did that twice already in 2012 (with time) and 2010.

My creative is based on identity and relationships, but is malleable enough to answer any question at least.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
The questions for 2010 and 2012 were very similar. Both pertaining to interaction with others/world.
Not really. Perception is quite different to experience, and in 2012 they asked for more than just the interaction part. In any case I wouldn't be waiting out for a repeated question in any HSC paper.

SophxMusic

HSC
My money is on the really horrible obscure dotpoint about belonging to/being excluded from a text or the world the text represents...
There would be many pants crapped that day if they do go along those lines...
If they are feeling kinder I would say it will be identity, which would work with my prepared essay quite nicely.

kietkiet

HSC
Where can you find the English belonging rubric ? I've looked on BOS and could only find the syllabus.

SophxMusic

HSC
Where can you find the English belonging rubric ? I've looked on BOS and could only find the syllabus.
There is an absolutely AMAZING breakdown of the rubric on CSU Online, if you just go into English - Area of Study it has a really comprehensive guide on the rubric, fully explained and tips on how to analyse your related texts in accordance to it.

kietkiet

HSC
There is an absolutely AMAZING breakdown of the rubric on CSU Online, if you just go into English - Area of Study it has a really comprehensive guide on the rubric, fully explained and tips on how to analyse your related texts in accordance to it.
I just realised that i've been overlooking the rubric every time I looked at the syllabus hahah

I was expecting dot points, that's why I couldn't find it T_T

But thanks for the CSU link, it really helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)