Belonging Essay Predictions! (1 Viewer)

fahed_1001

HSC
I'm guessing something to do with memories or something to do with how individuals can enrich or challenge a community.

Last edited:

SophxMusic

HSC
I just realised that i've been overlooking the rubric every time I looked at the syllabus hahah

I was expecting dot points, that's why I couldn't find it T_T

But thanks for the CSU link, it really helps :)
You're welcome :)

RafH

HSC
Uni Grad
My question was on relationships and shared experiences...
I really hope it's on relationships!! =)
Last year was just weird with time and perceptions or whatever...

Candidate

HSC
Woo! After hours of procrastination I just did a choice/barriers essay. I might do an identity one the week before paper 1 then since I haven't started my Modern revision…

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a resources dump for you guys tomorrow (essays written in exams), but I just gotta get clearance :p. These exemplar essays are from students who attend a top 20 school. (Not saying which one )

SophxMusic

HSC
People tend to stress way too much about the question.
Yes you have to respond well with the question. But you can go against what the question is saying... Most of the high scoring essays are those that interpreted and responded to the question in a distinctive way. For example the question with places a few years ago? A few of the published exemplars argued that a sense of belonging to community, family etc. was much more important and focused on that instead.
If you think on your feet just a little instead of relying wholly on your prepared essay you can generally work your way around any question as long as you make sure you actually engage with it rather than superficially skim it in your introductory paragraph. Most of the themes tend to interlink anyway....

moocow920

HSC
A few people have said the overall focus could be something relating to current situation in Australia, eg refugee/asylum seekers. I don't really know much but I guess it's a possibility, it would fit with belonging

liuque

HSC
What about how an individual could belong to a group while being alienated by another??

Candidate

HSC
What about how an individual could belong to a group while being alienated by another??
I will die if they ask this. I will also die if they ask for 2 related text. Or specify the poem.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
A few people have said the overall focus could be something relating to current situation in Australia, eg refugee/asylum seekers. I don't really know much but I guess it's a possibility, it would fit with belonging
Woah... that's a cool idea. I can definitely see something about asylum seekers coming up in Section 1 of Belonging as a newspaper article or something.

OT: It might actually phrased in terms of barriers to belonging.

watapple

HSC
you guys seem to forget assumptions (judgements) its in the rubric

NWO

HSC
lol, i keep telling u its not part of the syllabus lol. they dont ask for those kind of questions just understanding, identity, accpetance silly apple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)