Belonging - Related Text Suggestion? (1 Viewer)

kBOS

HSC
N/A
ok thanks - you sure? We practiced many like this throughout the year in class.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
okay so I understand songs are not particularly the best choice as a related text, unless you can write about them very well. What about (e.g. Pink's 'Stupid Girls') if you referred to Pink's lyrics to 'Stupid Girls', as opposed to Pink's song?? I'm not planning to use that song, but just as an example. If you were to say lyrics then you could JUST refer to the literary and poetic devices, am I correct?
Not really, because the lyrics don't exist as a separate text, they were created within a specific context (and if you remove the context, you change the meaning).

themanman

HSC
N/A
heyy i was wondering how would mean girls show belonging ?
My sister did Mean Girls and she received 96 and applied for her raw marks in which she got a 14/15 for the extended response

blumey

HSC
hey. Im having trouble with relating of mice and men to belonging can someone help?

Deep Blue

HSC
hey. Im having trouble with relating of mice and men to belonging can someone help?
Why are you studying Of Mice and Men if you are having trouble relating it? Just choose a different text. Otherwise, you could discuss the different types of belonging Lennie and George experience, George is accepted and Lennie isn't. Obviously if more detail than that. Also, their dislocation from place and also mention the context of the Great Depression. The need for companionship and affect of circumstances are both major themes which relate to belonging.

Last edited:

sabri

HSC
does anyone reckon Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck is a good related text for belonging?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)