Best career for quiet person? (1 Viewer)

JamesGoh

HSC
Ok, what skillset do you have ?

e.g. are you good with computers, do you like electronics

I graduated from uni 6 years ago with a degree in Telecommunications Engineering, but after some self reflection I found out that I wasn't as
interested and proficient with electronics and computers as I should be as an engineer. Now I'm studying to become a high school maths
teacher which I confidently feel is more my ally as I enjoy helping other people and teaching about maths and physics.

I'd suggest maybe talking to a careers councillor or someone who knows you quite well

urmum65

HSC
Thanks for your replies guys :)

I am not good at computers at all lol so i wouldnt be able to work as a computer engineer etc. I am more into either accounting or working in a lab (science) kind of things. Which will be better for me?

ShadowLighte

HSC
become a speech pathologist and cure yourself
Bahaha. Being an extremely quiet person myself, I do have the desire to "cure" myself. I want to do social work though and help people but that's probably one of the careers with the most talking LOL. Might look into it though.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@OP

I am a shy and introverted person too.

You should try and expand your comfort zones as it will help you in interpersonal relationships and in other non career related aspects.

*If you can get out of your comfort zone, than any career (providing you have a sufficient interest).

rawrliongirl

HSC
It's inevitable, you're going to have to talk to people at some point and work with others.
As much as I hate people, I've come to accept the fact that I'm going to have to work with them at some point...even though I'll probably end up being like Squidward..
And what is really funny is, I wanna get a job at JB Hi-Fi one day and that is working with people all the time :'))) (I'll try not to be like Squidward to the customers if I ever do end up with a job there in the future)

Anyways, I'm also a really quiet person and I'm pretty socially awkward and have some sort of social anxiety cos I freak out in social situations...but I'm going to try and work on fixing that. I've moved from my old (quiet, boring) friend group at school and moved to one that is more lively and talkative and that is beginning to help (even though I am still really awkward and quiet). I'm going to put myself out there a bit more and try to be less shy now too.

If you can manage to get more comfortable with people, I'm sure you could do anything!
My dad is a fairly quiet person but even though his job requires him to manage people, he can still to do it.

I'm sure that you could do whatever you want to :) don't let your quietness or shyness stop you! :D

Flop21

HSC
Thanks for your replies guys :)

I am not good at computers at all lol so i wouldnt be able to work as a computer engineer etc. I am more into either accounting or working in a lab (science) kind of things. Which will be better for me?
lab tech

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Photographer
Radiographer
Pathologist
Librarian
Become a newspaper writer → oh, interviews :/
Economist
Statistical Analyst
Speechwriter

Truck Driver.
Pros:
- Get paid well
- All u gotta do is deliver shit, and say:
→"delivery for mr fuckboy"
→ ”sign here"
→ "where do you want this delivered"
- Never have to see gross family
- Take out everyday
- See new places everyday
- Never have to walk, literally you're sititng all day
- No uni/no school → just gotta get your truck driving license

Cons:
→????????????
→???????!????!???!
→ ?????????????????
→ ??????? what cons?????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)