Best game of all time?? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
duy.le said:
dude u are soooo on the money, and the final fantasy series, epic. note 9 and 12 sucked ass dont play, 7, 8 , 10 defiantly. Tales of the abyss (ps2) good game. Devil may cry is good. yeah red alert 2 is also good, <3 spies.
Generally, the people who got into the FF series due to FF7 & FF8 didn't like FF9 because it brought that fantasy factor back into it, and kinda got rid of all the technological sci-fi ness.

I preferrred #9 over 8. 8 had graphics that hurt my eyes (omg. the sprites. and no AA =o so bad) and the battle system was pretty shit.. also the fact that it took me like, what 30-40 minutes to defeat the first boss on the island was craptacular.

@Riet: What bout MGS4?
Far Cry 2 is coming out soon as well!! and it looks so good!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
mario kart was good, but for replayability, graphics, sense of community, storyline and overall cool factor iam going to have to go with halflife 2.

Ive played through the single player a fair few times, and all the multiplayer mods like cs and dod more than make up that side of things. The story is amazing, all the cool things like the hovercraft boat thing, the buggy, the soldier antlions, it all comes together into a fantastic game.

Hours played is WoW, they win community hands down
Dota comes in there somewhere aswell, team work, pure skill and a shitload of hero choices and skill combinations make for a great game, shit community though, full of laggers, leavers, hackers, rage quiters, plug pullers, general childish assholes, its rare to even play a full 5v5 game through to the end unless you pre organize the game with friends. Basically those people ruin it for me, but the cheer joy i experience from a good fight, using all my skills, teamwork and everything then getting that kill is fantastic.

dr phil1

HSC
i have cod4 and am sick of it nothing to achieve still one of the better games but nothing can beat GTA in particular san andreas

*Gta san andreas
*Call of duty Modern warfare
*Need for speed Underground

HSC
Close combat 2 & 3. GT3 & 4. GTA:SA & 4. MOH frontline. Ghost recon. Bolo - the old little tank game on macs or something. Pocket tanks.
#1 best game ever - Desktop tower defence

jovelar

HSC
well i says, ijji GunZ is a fun game to play. tests you. hard game to learn, great to play, easy to seperate pros from noobs. but htne i like Counter Strike Source, and yeah. Final fantasy 7, 8, and 10. right now im playing Crisis Core : Final fantasy VII (PSP). Devil May Cry 4 rocked. Of coarse mario karts always owned. but Pro street was a great game. assasins creed was "ok" coulda been much better (but thne all games coulda been much better). Um the GTAs like were good when each game first comes out, then gets boring. WoW was a waste of time. there are far better games better than it, even ROSE online was better. honestly could not get into the metal gear solid games. the title of "top game ever" is more a matter of opinion, than statistics. ... BUT i reckon diablo 3 might have some top games running for their money. it looks great. so does halo wars but halo (still being a great game to me) isn't as popular as you think. but halo wars will hit those rts gamers.

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
Fucking fanboys, everyone knows Wolf 3D is cooler then you and 4 popped collars put together

Jantemplar

Killed The Internet
HSC
Blazamane said:
Fucking fanboys, everyone knows Wolf 3D is cooler then you and 4 popped collars put together
Naaa halflife still holds the position. Regardless of you treehugging dreams blaze.

Mongoosedog

HSC
Jantemplar said:
Naaa halflife still holds the position. Regardless of you treehugging dreams blaze.
you are all gay. the best game ever is 3D Rape Machine

Locul

Banned
HSC
Mongoosedog said:
you are all gay. the best game ever is 3D Rape Machine
Actually i thought that game just didn't cut it. For a game about rape it didn't evolve much violence or penetration...
My choice for the best game ever would have to be Diakatana. Any game were you have a sword that freaking bisects the entire screen is just plain awesome, no exceptions

Talos

HSC
N/A
In no particular order

Myst
Alex the Kidd
Crash Bandicoot
Resident Evil

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Pokemon was pretty good, especially Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Mario Kart 64, the Legend of Zelda series, the Super Smash Bros series, and Portal would be at the top of my list. Haven't gotten around to getting a copy of Portal yet, but I have played it, and its awesome.

Interesting that no-one's mentioned any SNES games yet... EarthBound and Chrono Trigger are two of the best games for SNES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)