Best strategy for Short Answers? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Read them, understand them, answer questions.

amour

Female
HSC
Discuss how two texts in this section differ in how they represent the ideas surrounding belonging

--- do you also talk about the similaritieS?

zhiying

HSC
Dig up every technique you can see, then shove them in your answer and relate it to a concept of belonging. When in doubt bullshit as much as you can. How I got 15/15 in Trials :)

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Discuss how two texts in this section differ in how they represent the ideas surrounding belonging

--- do you also talk about the similaritieS?
It depends on the texts, do they both show belonging or not belonging?

amour

Female
HSC
It depends on the texts, do they both show belonging or not belonging?
One text concerns belonging to the environment and looking after it, whilst the other goes on about how individuality is valued within the school community- without individuality, the cohort's sense of belonging is not enriched.
:S

unknown88

HSC
N/A
One text concerns belonging to the environment and looking after it, whilst the other goes on about how individuality is valued within the school community- without individuality, the cohort's sense of belonging is not enriched.
:S
Well that's similarity l believe, environment=school community. They both show belonging to a place. l ain't that good at english just hope that helps.

katoji

HSC
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if you could help me with these questions:

Can you reuse techniques for the last question? How many techniques/ideas do you need each question(e.g. for a 1,2,3,4,5 marker?)

And how do you know the appropriate amount of techniques/ideas to use, depending on terminology(like..explain, and how..etc)?

Tips for the last question, how to synthesis and stuff?

Do you have a general guide of how much to write for each question?

Thank you so much, I will love you immensely if you help me!!!!

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if you could help me with these questions:

Can you reuse techniques for the last question? How many techniques/ideas do you need each question(e.g. for a 1,2,3,4,5 marker?)

And how do you know the appropriate amount of techniques/ideas to use, depending on terminology(like..explain, and how..etc)?

Tips for the last question, how to synthesis and stuff?

Do you have a general guide of how much to write for each question?

Thank you so much, I will love you immensely if you help me!!!!
For the syllabus terms like, explain etc..go search the web. For how many techniques for the short answers, follow the marking guide. If its 3 you need 2 and explain them REALLY good or just use 3 and how they relate to belonging. For the last question which is usually 5 marks, you can re-use what you said for the other questions, no marks penalised. Last question, synthesis? :S... l would just say remember your topic sentence and your summary sentence after each paragraph REALLY GOOD so when the test comes you just change those in accordance to the question. l did this in my trial and got 12/15 with top mark in school 13/15 (strict marking). Hope that helps, best of luck.

mecramarathon

HSC
For comprehension I recommend memorising a bunch of generic belonging statements which you can apply to any given text :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)