Best+Worst of Teacher Quotes and Habits (1 Viewer)

matindo64

HSC
My chem teacher gave this heart warming advice to a student the other day:

Well some kid in our chem class got 12/100 in the catholic trial paper and she told him: "It's good that you answered every question because if you do that in the HSC you will get a minimum Band 2 therefore 50+, so remember to fill up all the lines".

bboundy

HSC
2U math teacher: So you take the 3x and...
Us interupting: Uh... shouldn't that be a?
Teacher: Well. I teach math, not english.

And we had one science teacher who, no matter that it was in the same place every lesson, always tripped over the whiteboard.

D&T teacher: "No Mark, you're doing it wrong." *Calls everybody over* (26 minutes later, we timed it) "And that, boys, is why you should always keep your left foot at 45 degrees to the angle of the blade"

Same science teacher: "OK boys, in today's lesson i'm going to teach you how you get sex" :headbang:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
English teacher: From now till the HSC, I want you guys to use me as much as you can and in anyway you want.

All my math teacher's quotes:
We're family. I don't want to be just "that guy" who taught you maths in highschool. I don't want to be that teacher, I want to be your friend ... I'm here for you guys.

One of my ex-students hasn't contacted me since she finished school even though she said she would. It's fine though, I know where she lives.

In my old school, there was this girl, she was so gorgeous but as dumb as (something, I've forgotten). One day, she showed her friends behind her her bra, I happened to turn around at that moment, I said a comment and we laughed it off. The next day, her mum comes in and tells the head teacher. I mean, honestly, it was just a joke.

cb205

HSC
My maths teacher yelled at some year 7 kids in the walkway outside of our room, comes in shaking his head and mutters "those kids have the collective IQ of a retarded rat"

carbone

D E F I N E M E
HSC
Female Student: You're lame Mr X (Mr X is some teacher)
Legal Studies Teacher: That's not what you said last night *winks*

---------------

*Talking about how lead is bad for paint in chem*
Teacher: My children use to eat their cots..

---------------

*A student walks around the labs without her shoes*
Teacher: Where are your shoes? you're becoming a lost cause..

---------------

*In Business studies, the teacher was talking about her holiday*
Teacher: I nearly died on that donkey!

----------------

Student: So they havn't done anything?
History Teacher: I'm sure they DID many things.. but i don't want to know about it (Meaning her daughter and some guy she dated for a few years)

!!!akittelty!!!

El CaPitan
HSC
60 Yr old Maths teacher after watching "we can be heroes"

"i saw an excellent documentary on Australian of the year last night"

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
!!!akittelty!!! said:
60 Yr old Maths teacher after watching "we can be heroes"

"i saw an excellent documentary on Australian of the year last night"
Ahh him and his purple jumpers!

Same school, economics teacher: Talking about plasma screen TVs.

'Everything's about distribution of income and wealth, the rich buy their imported plasma screen TVs worsening out current account, interest rates rise to encourage foreign investment, and the poor get new housing (cardboard box)'

Love it.

Another of his classics was:

'The only way to eliminate third world debt is to bomb Africa'

Mattamz

HSC
Chem:
Teacher: "And the electron comes over here and goes. oooooh thats a bit alright!"

---------------------------

Me: Can we make rainbow fizz sir?

Teacher: No

Teacher: No

Teacher: Oh alright but ony because Tim isnt here. *proceeds to get crap to make rainbow fix*

saschy

HSC
omg i had this totally screwed maths teacher who would always flirt with his "fave" students and totally went off topic like our whole advanced maths class failed in yr 9 - 10 wen we had him..
nehoo me and my friend were down at the ag sheds and we came 2 class late coz one of the bulls got out and we had to put it back in the shed.. we walk in to class and he's all "girls why are you late"
we reply "there was a bull chargin us"
him "how much was it charging??" the entire class cracked up and we just stood up the front with no clue as to why it was funny..lol

another time the same teacher decided that he would place a chair next to his desk and when you had a q u could sit and ask him.. he called this chair the "Chair Of Knowledge".. next lesson he writes on the board that the COK is now available for use and we just cracked up he seriously had no clue wat was funny 4 like 2 minutes..

my science teacher had this habbit of scratching his "genitals" in front of the class while teaching..what made it even funnier was the fact that he wrote in chalk..and wore black pants!!!!! every lesson there was marks!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
matindo64 said:
My chem teacher gave this heart warming advice to a student the other day:

Well some kid in our chem class got 12/100 in the catholic trial paper and she told him: "It's good that you answered every question because if you do that in the HSC you will get a minimum Band 2 therefore 50+, so remember to fill up all the lines".
At least she was kind.

yvettemaree47

HSC
A geography teacher at my school was pointing to a map of Australia and stated:

"Well it is obvious through looking at this map that Queensland is the largest state."

Last edited:

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Aplus said:
Shouldn't laugh though.
Ideally no. Do economics and you will realise ethics doesn't creep into the equation, hence in the context of what we were doing it was hilariously funny.

m.hyde

HSC
N/A
yr 8 english teacher...
"when english teachers are having an argument we have an english debate, when science teachers have an argument they have a science debate, when maths teachers have an argument they have a maths debate"

yr 12 primary industries teacher.
cody: sir what does wife stand for?"
sir: "washing, ironing, insert appropriate f word....."

HSC
m.hyde said:
yr 8 english teacher...
"when english teachers are having an argument we have an english debate, when science teachers have an argument they have a science debate, when maths teachers have an argument they have a maths debate"

yr 12 primary industries teacher.
cody: sir what does wife stand for?"
sir: "washing, ironing, insert appropriate f word....."
LOL.
Love them both, but you stole mine!

This chick comes into class late.
Mrs. Year 10 Photography: "Where have you been?"
Amber: "Maths debating."

HSC
my ancient teacher walked past our class after recess, looked at us and kept walking...he turns back and walks past us again, asking us if we had him this period..we all say no...he walks away and then walks back again and says...i do have you...

he also does funny things like

he would whistle when he walks into the room...and some guy joined in once and he told the guy to shut up.

he once told our class that we were so stupid. he said he had taught adhd students who were smarter than us.

he said that if we put in historians such as plutarch into our essay, we would get 2 extra marks in the exam
same goes for indenting the first line of each paragraph
same goes for underlining the sources
same goes for using for words such as therefore...

so basically, you could get around 10 or so by just doing that. no need to answer the essay question at all.

oh, and he said if we forget to do our homework again, we would have to stand in front of the class and sing 'i'm a little teapot'

with actions.

w00dy.

HSC
nearlythere... said:
In yr 10 when we were doing the reproductive system my science teacher goes

'There are three things pregnant women want, hot baths, hot chilli and hot sex'

we'd never heard him say anything like that before, so our whole class is just like :O
that reminds me of our year 10 pe class, i think someone asked if you could still have sex with a chick if she was pregnant and the teacher responded with something like

'well i was having sex with my wife when she was pregnant, up til 3 weeks before she gave birth'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)