Bias (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Hypothetically, if I felt the marking of one of my assessments has been/will be affected by bias and hypothetically had reasonable evidence to demonstrate such, hypothetically, who would I talk to about fixing that?

(Hypothetical situation of course guize.)

Prazo1994

HSC
Then hypothetically the principal or the Board of Studies
hypothetically if you want to blow the issue out proportion-let the media know e.g. a current affairs :p

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each school must have an appeals process. If you aren't happy with the result of that appeal then you can apply to the BOS but you can't just go to the BOS.

That being said - a belief in bias isn't enough as 'teacher's professional judgement' isn't something you can challenge - so you will need evidence to back up an allegation of bias.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Each school must have an appeals process. If you aren't happy with the result of that appeal then you can apply to the BOS but you can't just go to the BOS.

That being said - a belief in bias isn't enough as 'teacher's professional judgement' isn't something you can challenge - so you will need evidence to back up an allegation of bias.
Yep, I know - I feel there's enough evidence and I've spoken to others about it and they agree. That being said, I haven't actually got the marks for this particular assessment back yet, let's just say I have a strong feeling that something might not be right.

Also, should I perhaps bring this up with the relevant people now, before I get the marks back so that it doesn't look like I'm just whinging about getting a low mark? The obvious downside being that if I get a decent mark then I've wrongly accused a teacher of bias (something that I, nor anyone else) takes lightly.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could raise it with the Head of Department with your 'evidence' but that is all you could do at this stage. You do have to be careful so maybe get your parents to raise your concerns in a friendly, non-accusatory way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)