Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

billbro

HSC
N/A
lucky8star said:
hii all. have pwc finished interview for FA? and assurance overall? :)
If you haven't been told to attend a Conquest session, I doubt there will be any more after next week. They told me they have pretty much reached their final numbers, so essentially there aren't many positions left to fill. Basically, from what I gather they are interviewing the remaining people that they promised Conquest to and then making the decision on the final few offers after they are done with that.

iamabanana

HSC
A guy at PwC who worked with HR told us that the outstanding candidates are called up 3 hours after. Most people get called up the next day. The longer it is the less chance you have but as long as you havn't got the official rejection you're still in with a chance.
I think they are very close to filling the spots but they did say that if you are good enough they will still try to fit you in.

pete_mate

HSC
seems like a weird year, i vaccied in FS at p-dubbz at the beginning of this year,

they didn't have the rolling application dates, and no psychometric, just interview then conquest.

They called me, and others, like 2hours after. They make up their mind on the day prettymuch, but if you're borderline its hard for them i guess. Or maybe the calibre really is good this year, who knows.

skimmy

HSC
N/A
billbro said:
No online tests means you didn't make it past the online application stage. Online tests basically go hand in hand with the Conquest Assessment.

i don't personally know anyone who applied to PwC and did not get asked to take the online test. only some were called to Conquest so i doubt it's hand in hand. it's been over 3 weeks and i have not heard from them. they should definitely get rid of "rolling" recruitment next year, everything's all over the place.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Hi skimmy, well you know me now. :p
I applied to PwC and didn't get the test. Didn't get anything in fact (weird, not even a rejection).

KPMG has a rolling recruitment as well and they executed it just fine - because they didn't have so many items and whacked it all into one day no funny business.

billbro

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
seems like a weird year, i vaccied in FS at p-dubbz at the beginning of this year,

they didn't have the rolling application dates, and no psychometric, just interview then conquest.

They called me, and others, like 2hours after. They make up their mind on the day prettymuch, but if you're borderline its hard for them i guess. Or maybe the calibre really is good this year, who knows.
It would make sense for them to decide immediately, the explanation they gave me is that they are approaching capacity. However, due to the rolling recruitment they already have people booked in for Monday and they don't want to renege on that. Consequently, they are going to run that assessment centre and offers are going to be finalised next week.

skimmy said:
i don't personally know anyone who applied to PwC and did not get asked to take the online test. only some were called to Conquest so i doubt it's hand in hand. it's been over 3 weeks and i have not heard from them. they should definitely get rid of "rolling" recruitment next year, everything's all over the place.
Why do you doubt it is hand in hand? It is a prerequisite that you do the online tests before you go to Conquest - regardless of whether the call up is made before or after you have done the tests, it needs to be completed before you attend. Maybe my friends and I just got lucky, but everyone one of us who got sent the SHL test was told to attend Conquest at some point and the friend who wasn't offered the test was not called up for Conquest.

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
BeeCom said:
Rejected from EY. Makes my choice easy I guess ^_^

I must've done really really bad at the pyschometric tests to get rejected >_> I was sure I had done very well at everything else.

:O

A, as if not tell me this when you knew! Well, it surely does make things easier now - is that it then? Deloitte definitely? I know so many Deloitte-to-be-vaccies now, it's crazzzyyy - it's going to be party-town down in that direction *make sure you invite me to your socials! hehe*

Anyway, hope you're studying.. well haha i have exams Monday and im freaking.

Last edited:

deakin2009

HSC
with the rolling assessments..i was speaking to an hr person and apparently with previous years there was a code of conduct with ICAA where all firms agreed not to contact people before the cut off dates.
anyways at the last minute pwc pulled out of the code of conduct and said they were going to contact people as they apply. consequently KPMG did not want to miss and and had an ongoing assessment and that is why EY and Deloitte moved their dates forward and why everything has been a bit over the place

erryerica

HSC
N/A
hey....i wanna no if they dont call u bk within a week....wut does this mean??

also....i would like to ask is there a mini ph interview for kpmg ??

Huy

HSC
N/A
If they don't call you back and you don't receive an email, then it means you are still in with a chance. Or they have forgotten about you.

No phone interview with KPMG.

skimmy

HSC
N/A
billbro said:
Why do you doubt it is hand in hand? It is a prerequisite that you do the online tests before you go to Conquest - regardless of whether the call up is made before or after you have done the tests, it needs to be completed before you attend. Maybe my friends and I just got lucky, but everyone one of us who got sent the SHL test was told to attend Conquest at some point and the friend who wasn't offered the test was not called up for Conquest.
i don't doubt that you must take the online test before Conquest, what i meant was that i think everyone is asked to take the online test and that doesn't necessarily mean you've "made" it past the online app. and that just because you take the test, doesn't mean you'll go to Conquest. that's just from my observations though.

yeah it's ironic that PwC pulled out of the code of conduct yet they're the last firm to hold assessment centres. i applied for them first and applied for KPMG last; i should've done it the other way round. i left KPMG until way too late.

it's strange that you didn't hear from PwC, Huy. but i haven't heard from KPMG whatsoever. and my friend who applied for EY hasn't heard from them even though they've already given out offers!

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think PwC chose the top x% of online applications to request they sit the online test.
From there they take the top y% of online test results to proceed onto Conquest.
After Conquest, they take another z% from Conquest 'success' candidates for interviews.
Then after the interviews, they cull again and take their pick.
Repeat with different Conquest rounds.

So I'm not sure if "everyone" is asked to take the online test because I applied and didn't get asked, which confirms the 'top x% of online applications' bit.

I applied for KPMG first and PwC last so quite the opposite of you (I was hunting for referees for PwC's application). Also very strange you haven't heard anything from KPMG since they're usually good with phonecalls and emails. Once I emailed them and they called me back instead. Talk about service.

EY have sent out rejection emails.
Deloitte have called rejected applicants (after assessment centre).

All in Sydney btw, other states could be different.

billbro

HSC
N/A
skimmy said:
i don't doubt that you must take the online test before Conquest, what i meant was that i think everyone is asked to take the online test and that doesn't necessarily mean you've "made" it past the online app. and that just because you take the test, doesn't mean you'll go to Conquest. that's just from my observations though.
To be honest, I'm fairly sure I performed poorly on the online tests. I was tired and just downright buggered after doing 8 hours of accounting research work before sitting the tests online.

The reason I suggest that getting an online tests coincides with a Conquest Assessment is because my friend got a call before he completed the tests. As in he got the online tests, hadn't attempted them but got a call up.

erryerica

HSC
N/A
skimmy said:
it's strange that you didn't hear from PwC, Huy. but i haven't heard from KPMG whatsoever. and my friend who applied for EY hasn't heard from them even though they've already given out offers!

so did your friend do anything or is he/she just goin to wait for EY to reply?

Did ur friend wait for a week already??

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
deakin2009 said:
with the rolling assessments..i was speaking to an hr person and apparently with previous years there was a code of conduct with ICAA where all firms agreed not to contact people before the cut off dates.
anyways at the last minute pwc pulled out of the code of conduct and said they were going to contact people as they apply. consequently KPMG did not want to miss and and had an ongoing assessment and that is why EY and Deloitte moved their dates forward and why everything has been a bit over the place

It just shows how doggy (and cut-throat) PwC and KPMG are...;-)

Well done EY and Deloitte for sticking to their guns!

billbro

HSC
N/A
DexJnr said:
It just shows how doggy (and cut-throat) PwC and KPMG are...;-)

Well done EY and Deloitte for sticking to their guns!
Wouldn't be so sure on that, one of my friends who is on the recruitment team for Deloitte Growth Solutions said that were recruiting as they go as well. She kind of said it as an offhand comment and they did have an end date so I can't be completely sure.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
billbro said:
Wouldn't be so sure on that, one of my friends who is on the recruitment team for Deloitte Growth Solutions said that were recruiting as they go as well. She kind of said it as an offhand comment and they did have an end date so I can't be completely sure.

Actually come to think of it, you're right. Cos some people had Del interviews on the 21st...1 day before the closing date.

Congrats to EY for being the only firm for sticking to the 'rule'. I'm sure they did cos they didnt call anyone until the Monday after...25th.

Quality in Everything We Do indeed :p

billbro

HSC
N/A
DexJnr said:
Actually come to think of it, you're right. Cos some people had Del interviews on the 21st...1 day before the closing date.

Congrats to EY for being the only firm for sticking to the 'rule'. I'm sure they did cos they didnt call anyone until the Monday after...25th.

Sticking to the 'rule' or simply the slowest to respond and the least adaptable? jk =P

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
DexJnr said:

Just found the "rules":

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/files/documents/code_of_practice2008.pdf
(large file)

Summer vacation employment 2008/2009
New South Wales
Closing date for applications - Wednesday, 3 September
Interviews commence - Employers discretion but not before Wednesday, 3 September
Offers can be made - Employers discretion but not before Wednesday, 3 September
Decision deadline - Wednesday, 15 October

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)