Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Huy said:
The tips on there were really good (I had EY on yesterday -Thursday).
No reply as yet, but I'm not keeping my hopes high- I didn't think my performance was that great again.

Hopefully get some mid-tier apps done by next wednesday as a backstop.

BeeCom said:
I'm in! Got Deloitte offer (Tax service line)

^_^ :rofl:
Congrads BeeCom!

HSC
Huratio said:
The tips on there were really good (I had EY on yesterday -Thursday).
No reply as yet, but I'm not keeping my hopes high- I didn't think my performance was that great again.

Hopefully get some mid-tier apps done by next wednesday as a backstop.

Congrads BeeCom!
have ya had kpmg and pwc as well?

gluck for ey.

I haven't posted earlier but ive found the info nights to be an awesome way to mingle/suck up to the managers and other people who will be inting you.

GL everyone else for their intship ints

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
have ya had kpmg and pwc as well?

gluck for ey.

I haven't posted earlier but ive found the info nights to be an awesome way to mingle/suck up to the managers and other people who will be inting you.

GL everyone else for their intship ints
I didn't apply for KPMG or PWC.. I went to the ICAA Vacation Employment evening and Deloitte and EY impressed me the most, so I applied for them only.

Yeah, I went to the EY info night and had a chat with 2 managers for about 1hr- and they were actually my group assessors and one of them was my behavioural interviewer as well.

billbro

HSC
N/A
DexJnr said:
congrats mate, i got rejected from kpmg audit lol.

huy's tips...what are they?!
Hmm, nothing in particular. Huy just gave me a general overview, basically similar to the email they sent you but it was helpful anyway.

Huratio said:
I didn't apply for KPMG or PWC.. I went to the ICAA Vacation Employment evening and Deloitte and EY impressed me the most, so I applied for them only.

Yeah, I went to the EY info night and had a chat with 2 managers for about 1hr- and they were actually my group assessors and one of them was my behavioural interviewer as well.
Interestingly enough, EY and Deloitte didn't even like me enough for a group interview xD However, I had my KPMG assessment today and PwC next week - I'm glad I got an offer within 2 hours from KPMG though, really fast! Anyway, my friend hasn't heard back from EY either, so it seems like you are out with a chance. Good luck.

Last edited:

dram

i do things
HSC
i received an offer from Deloitte this evening for growth solutions. very happy with that as Deloitte was by far my number one preference (partly because of my dealings with them over the course of the deloitte development program).

yay!

good luck to everyone who's still going through the process!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
lol seems like everyone got deloitte, i did development program as well.. probably should of applied.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I didn't get Deloitte. :p

Congrats to all those who did!

billbro

HSC
N/A
BeeCom said:
I'll 99% accept Deloitte. Everyone there is so friendly and it seems like an awesome place to work and learn.

The only thing that could sway me is if I get through EY process and get an offer in transaction tax (M&A tax compliance/advisory). Then I'd have a really tough decision - but if I don't get through, or get an offer with another division (although Business Tax advisory seems cool too) then Deloitte FTMFW!

Side note: The people at Deloitte, are on a whole, a lot nicer and friendly than any other big 4 firm (IMO), so it's a big plus for me.

Goodluck for those still searching
It really depends on what you are looking for in a firm, I'll personally be happy with any of the Big 4. I have a few friends who did vacs at Deloitte and I think the attraction I had towards it, was because my friends pretty much told me how laid back it was. However, Deloitte was also the only company out of the 4 that didn't really suit the division I intended to apply for. I applied for Audit (non-financial) at EY, KPMG & PwC, but due to Deloitte being less reputable in this area in Australia I went Growth Solutions for them.

Either way, EY and Deloitte didn't like me =[ So I'll see what happens at PwC, though I think most people already have a preconception of what they are like. I'm very happy to work at KPMG regardless, though I haven't really had an opportunity to really compare it to somewhere else.

deakin2009

HSC
what state are all you guys getting deloitte from?? i had my partner interview at deloitte yesterday in melb? havent heard anything yet...guess it will be monday...also is it strange that KPMG are giving out offers considering they are still interviewing?? (unless some service lines have finished and others are still going)

P.S. the KPMG leather binder they send you is great!!!

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
KPMG hires as required and have no set deadline. The earlier you apply, the better your chances. Once they find suitable candidates then they make their offers and fill positions. Once all positions are filled, they stop recruiting.

They are still running assessment centres until at least September 3 that I know of and it's been running for at least two weeks.

And the binder is very nice! I think it sucked me into them...

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
deakin2009 said:
P.S. the KPMG leather binder they send you is great!!!
I think its vinyl (or pleather), but I've still got mine and its lasted for a couple of years.

dram

i do things
HSC
answering an above query about Deloitte, I'm in sydney.

Also, regarding the folders, i reckon if one of the big 4 produced them in velour it'd certainly sell me.

mmm velour.

Huy

HSC
N/A
geetarjoe said:
I think its vinyl (or pleather), but I've still got mine and its lasted for a couple of years.
There was a tag inside that said 'Genuine leather'.

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
Huy said:
There was a tag inside that said 'Genuine leather'.
There you go.

Admittedly mine just sits in a drawer at home - bit weird taking it to work when you don't work for KPMG.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
billbro said:
Interestingly enough, EY and Deloitte didn't even like me enough for a group interview xD However, I had my KPMG assessment today and PwC next week - I'm glad I got an offer within 2 hours from KPMG though, really fast! Anyway, my friend hasn't heard back from EY either, so it seems like you are out with a chance. Good luck.
I hope so too- unless they've already offered and they haven't rang up the rejectees =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)