Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Where are my KPMG people? :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Whoops I mean KPMG Sydney. :D

pete_mate

HSC
billbro said:
It is old, but that also means they know about it extensively. I only refer to the fact that we are facing the tail end of SOX and inquire as to how this would impact growth, especially with the low figures this year. In fact, at KPMG the partner went into a lot of detail about SOX especially as he was part of a team doing SOX conversion for KPMG or something. At PwC the manager also had quite a bit to say about it as well.
It depends, at the end of the day its largely a USA issue. there are clients that are listed in the US however that are affected.

On the whole though, i think its better to know some general large issues about a few different clients that you know the firm has in the division. Then asking the manager about issues affecting those clients is faar better. partners and managers love to talk about their clients.

All i know is that last year everyone was saying they had this as their question, and this was last year.

deakin2009

HSC
speaking of which does anybody know where i could find a list of which of the big four have which clients. been trying to track something down for a while now but have had no success

Huy

HSC
N/A
Do they even make that information public? I have doubts about revealing clients.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Just search financial statements online i.e. from asx website and look for the independence statement/audit opinion.

If you were bored enough you'd have a nice list in no time.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
You could be smart about it and only look at companies that you're actually interested in... I'd assume you're interested in a handful of corporations in particular so you could see which of the big4 covers most of them. ..If you didn't have an opinion on specific companies then you probably wouldn't be looking for a list of key clients in the first place as you'd be indifferent...

Amirite?

Edit: Though on second thoughts its somewhat ironic to be put off by a little effort in detail when deciding on a job that involves a lot of work and detail of a similar manner :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
DexJnr said:
Interesting, we (EY) got our post-offer celebratory drinks tmr evening as well 6-8pm.

is your one in sydney?
Level 33? yay I'll crash for some free beer :)

DexJnr said:
Hey dudes,

this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know roughly much grads get paid in assurance/audit?

say for each of the big4 firms?
Word on the street says $48k package (at EY, incl. super). Probably higher when they do their mid year review in January

HSC
Minai said:

Word on the street says $48k package (at EY, incl. super). Probably higher when they do their mid year review in January
its 49k apparently

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Minai said:

LOL...Argyle mate :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
ditto said:
I just got my PwC offer, I think the best part was the pwc business card WITH MY NAME ON IT! :)
KPMG did that too. :p

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
ditto said:
I just got my PwC offer, I think the best part was the pwc business card WITH MY NAME ON IT! :)

But the folder itself is really really nice!

congrats dude :)

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Guys and gals, rank the order of the Big 4 in preference of where you wanted to work both before and after the assessment days..

Here's mine,

Prior:

1. EY
  2. PwC
  3. Deloitte
  4. KPMG
After:

1. EY
  2. PwC
  3. KPMG
  4. Deloitte

This was after getting interviews at KPMG, PwC and EY....and no interview at Deloitte.

dram

i do things
HSC
Prior:

1. Deloitte
  2. KPMG
  3. EY
  4. PwC
After:

1. Deloitte
  2. KPMG
  3. EY
  4. PwC
This was after a rejection by EY at online application stage, undergoing the KPMG assessment centre, not applying for PwC, and getting an offer from Deloitte.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Prior:

1. PwC
  2. EY
  3. KPMG
  4. Deloitte
After:

1. PwC
  2. EY
  3. KPMG
  4. Deloitte
This was after a rejection by EY at online application stage, undergoing the KPMG assessment centre (received offer), not hearing from PwC, and getting a rejection from Deloitte after the assessment centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)