Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
wendybird said:
hey i've got an induction early october! maybe i'll see you there?:wave:
if i get the job, i think the induction will be at fairfield big w (which is where i applied at). but i dunno, maybe, just maybe :)

chicky_pie said:
hope it turns out good for you :)

are you doing nightfill? or just day casual? i heard they pay alot during the holidays, how much extra?
cheers chicky_pie ;)

i think they'll throw me onto the checkouts first, but i'm aiming to do nightfill on school days and checkouts/recovery on weekends. i asked if they can put me in the dvds/cds section or the electronics section, but i think they'd want to exploit me on the registers first.

pay on public holidays/weekends is more (not sure how much though), but if it's like school holidays then they aren't going to pay you extra.

you know what they do at the induction?
i'm pretty sure its just to show you how to use cash registers, maintaining oh&s and stocking items. its essentially 6 hours of them showing you how to do stuff.

wendybird

HSC
is there time and a half on sundays? (desperately crosses fingers)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yes, you get time and a half on sundays!

Btw 17 yr olds get $10.82 per hour. I work there, but luckily I got hired 3 yrs ago just before they started doing group interviews!

"Chubby"

HSC
johony said:
if i get the job, i think the induction will be at fairfield big w (which is where i applied at). but i dunno, maybe, just maybe :)

i work at fairfield big w! u must have had ur interview last thursday. Tell me if u get the job!

Public holidays u get paid double time and a half.

johony

HSC
Chubby said:
i work at fairfield big w! u must have had ur interview last thursday. Tell me if u get the job!
I actually had mine on Tuesday, but they had two interviews in the week so yeah..

I still haven't got a reply, i'm just eagerly waiting for monday to come around so i can find out!

thereshegoes

HSC
I've held my position at Big W for over a year.
I got it when it was opening.
There were SO MANY PEOPLE.
We didn't have group interviews though, weird.
We all had to do a test.
One-on-one interview.
Call a certain times to see if we got through to the next stage.
They got it down from the 900 people that apllied to the 130 that now work, there.
But of course, people have left and stuff since then.
Nightfill is usaully 6-9 and they call you up every now and then when you're needed [someone wanted to know].

EDIT- Forgot to say goodluck!

HSC
Ive worked at Big W for 3 and 1/2yrs now and the pay goes up pretty good. For an 18 yr old its now $13.28 or somewhere about there (recently went up).

Goodluck with group interviews... so many christmas casuals being hired at my store now its like an influx of newbies

johony

HSC
i just got offered a job today!!!!! induction is from 3-9 and i have to dress business like...although i think i might just wear a shirt and jeans like last time.

"Chubby"

HSC
congrats johony!! what position did u get?!

welcome to fairfield big w =)

when is ur induction?!

johony

HSC
thanks chubby!

my induction is on thursday, 3-9pm which is paid. :)

they haven't given me an actual position yet, all it just says in the email is "christmas staff - retail associates (neeta city)". can't wait!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
noir. said:
yeah when i applied for a newly opening coles there were like, 7 group interview sessions to choose from, and in the one i went to there was an insane amount of people, we could hardly fit everyone in the function room. and half the people there were from places over an hour away from the suburb that the store is actually in. it was weird. i was the only person at my table that actually lived in the local area.

on topic i applied for a big w christmas job today. ive been waiting for my local store to put up an ad since august and they finally did. woooot. hope i get it.

"Chubby"

HSC
johony said:
thanks chubby!

they haven't given me an actual position yet, all it just says in the email is "christmas staff - retail associates (neeta city)". can't wait!
ahahah...im working on thursday night..ill prolly see u around. I wonder who is going to do ur induction.

ull like working at fairfield...ppl are nice =)

just curious, who interviewed u and who called u up to tell u got it?!

johony

HSC
Chubby said:
ahahah...im working on thursday night..ill prolly see u around. I wonder who is going to do ur induction.

ull like working at fairfield...ppl are nice =)

just curious, who interviewed u and who called u up to tell u got it?!
i'm reporting to Bashir Abdelahad, who i've probably met before, but don't remember him.

i forgot the interviewers name, but he runs the home entertainment department; seems like a nice guy. and i was emailed the job offer.

maybe i'll see you there! we're meeting up at the front at around 3.
noir. said:
casual or part-time? Haven't read the whole thread, so what positions did you apply for? Home Ent and Lay-by are the best [so's fitting room!]
just casual, i asked to work at home entertainment, which might be good..no annoying customers hopefully.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
johony said:
thanks chubby!

how about those who dont make it, do they call them up too? & they call you also or just email?

good luck with the induction

"Chubby"

HSC
ahah i think ur talking about carl...he's tall right?!

im working from 5 till 9...hopefully yea =)

btw, whats ur name johony?! lol

johony

HSC
chicky_pie said:
how about those who dont make it, do they call them up too? & they call you also or just email?

good luck with the induction
they would email you with a letter of rejection, i got that with dick smith.
Chubby said:
ahah i think ur talking about carl...he's tall right?!

im working from 5 till 9...hopefully yea =)

btw, whats ur name johony?! lol
yeah, he's a tall guy, brownish hair?

its johnny, medium height asian guy..might be wearing a grey hoodie

johony

HSC
finished my induction and wow, it was more boring than i thought. it was essentially 6 hours of introduction videos and talking about store policies, oh&s, customer service, etc.

first proper shift should be lots of fun though. :)

btw, where were you chubby? i was flaunting my grey hoodie during my breaks.

"Chubby"

HSC
ahahha when is ur first shift johony?!

i got stuck in the fitting rooms frm 6pm..so that was my voice u were hearing over the PA. ahah

But frm 5 - 6...i was on the floor.....im a small azn...with my hair tied in a pony tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)