Big W group interview (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
not sure, have to wait for bash to give me some shifts..i hope i can do some next week, but i have to wait and see.

oh and i'm definitely starting off at home entertainment :)

"Chubby"

HSC
omg how did u score that!! so lucky!!! Home ed is definetely better than apparel.

johony

HSC
Chubby said:
omg how did u score that!! so lucky!!! Home ed is definetely better than apparel.
probably because carl interviewed me, i'm not sure. but most of the people went for recovery, checkouts and nightfill, the main jobs.

btw, for casuals it's:
$9.34 for 16 and under,
$10.80 for 17yo,
$12.61 for 18yo,
$14.95 for 19yo,
$16.82 for 20yo,
$18.69 for 21 & above.

the wages indicated are for your first probation period, then it keeps moving up as you stay longer with the company.

P

pLuvia

How long is the probation period? lol I got a group interview with BigW macq next tuesday

pringa

HSC
got the 2nd interview next tuesday after school. im assuming its at the store because they didnt say where it was over the phone, and i forgot to ask lol

pringa

HSC
noir. said:
What store? It's best you check because sometimes the interview/induction is held at another store within the area ;)
i sent an email, and got a reply, its at the store im applying at.
I heard this interview is meant to be the easiest to get thru (compared to other stages), anyone know if thats the case?

pringa

HSC
had my 2nd interview on tuesday, the nightfill manager seem pretty good.
hopefully he rings me up soon to say ive got a job

one-love

HSC
i had a group interview on the 5th of october (2 weeks ago). they called up my references this monday.

they get back to us, whether we were successful or not, right?

:-( i want the job! lol

pringa

HSC
the manager says ive got the job, but im still waiting for information on when initiation is. he also said i should have received info. from the recruitment manager of the area (or whatever).

how long does it usually take from the 2nd interview (with the manager) to the initiation?

johony

HSC
Just make sure you go for Recovery.

Checkouts really, really, really, really suck. It's easy work, but i hate it.

one-love

HSC
yay, i got the job. had induction on thursday :)

wooo!

what goes on in recovery? :-S i'm a checkout chick!

P

pLuvia

one-love said:
yay, i got the job. had induction on thursday :)

wooo!

what goes on in recovery? :-S i'm a checkout chick!
Recovery is basically when the store nearly closes about 1 or 2 hours before it closes, the recovery people take out old stock/rearrange stock/front face stock/make everything neat etc. for the nightfillers to put in the new stock or replenish the old stock. That's the gist of it anyway.

Which store are you at?

genril

Banned
HSC
recovery is so fucking boring. i want to kill myself when i do it.

johony

HSC
genril said:
recovery is so fucking boring. i want to kill myself when i do it.
seems like every job at big w makes people want to kill themselves. :rolleyes:

unless you do lay-by or home entertainment, which isn't so bad.

one-love

HSC
pLuvia said:
Recovery is basically when the store nearly closes about 1 or 2 hours before it closes, the recovery people take out old stock/rearrange stock/front face stock/make everything neat etc. for the nightfillers to put in the new stock or replenish the old stock. That's the gist of it anyway.

Which store are you at?
Ahh... yeah,
I'm at Liverpooool lol.

I should go buy my uniform now...

P

pLuvia

Apparently the uniform is changing according to what my store manager said (I'm at the macquarie one, I didn't even know it was the biggest out of the NSW stores lol). I hope it changes because wearing a tie is really crap and looks really bad lol hopefully the new one doesn't require a tie :)

one-love

HSC
yeah, i went in today to get the top. there were no size 12's and they said no new stock are going to come in till they get the new ones (those come in march). LOL.

so the lady said she's going to ring up other stores for me. :-O so i'll need to drop by tomorrow again.. oh wells

johony

HSC
pLuvia said:
Apparently the uniform is changing according to what my store manager said (I'm at the macquarie one, I didn't even know it was the biggest out of the NSW stores lol). I hope it changes because wearing a tie is really crap and looks really bad lol hopefully the new one doesn't require a tie :)
The new Big W ads have the new uniform on display, and as far as i can see, no ties. :) They look 100x better as well.

P

pLuvia

Oh the new ads? are they the new uniforms? I got to look into it lol. Now I'm seeing more Big W ads since I've been employed at big w lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)