Bio or Physics??? (1 Viewer)

JoannaS2

HSC
Hey which subject is better? Bio or physics? I reeally can't decide which one i should pick!

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
Depends what you like more and what you are comfortable with =]

I heard physics has a lot of calculations but not much on biology

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
studyfreak i admire your ranks xD my school doesn't even give ranks == not that I would want to know how bad I am compared to some people xD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You want to know how I chose between courses I liked?

Firstly, I considered which course would be more relevant to my career (because I enjoyed them both thoroughly).

Secondly, I asked the teachers which I would prefer and excel at better.

Thirdly. I had a look on Board of Studies for the Syllabi and the end of year exams to look for difficulty/interest in content.

In the end, I chose Physics (although this was a debate between Physics and Engineering Studies. I'm glad I made the right choice).

barnsy

HSC
In the end, I chose Physics (although this was a debate between Physics and Engineering Studies. I'm glad I made the right choice).
i chose both physics and engineering studies, and they're both really good! Alot of the stuff u do in engineering comes up in physics, so it's great revision!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Physics scaling wise. But I've talked to a bunch of year 11's who do both and they prefer biology. It's really up to you. In my opinion the physics topic in year 10 interested me and was easier to comprehend than the biology topic I'm doing now. Next year I'm doing both:party:

HSC
Can you please explain what is good about bio then? xD
Coz physics is gay, lol.

Nah, in all seriousness, I just hated physics and the calculations and everything we learnt, and bio just seems better than physics.. so yeah. :p

HSC
you either love or hate physics. if you got a good teacher, you'll like it. if you have a crappy one like me, you'll hate it. and trust me.. there arent many good physics teachers out there for some very weird reason.

bio requires a lot of memorising. the pracs that you do can be heaps of fun. more excursions (fieldwork). camps possibly. you can also apply it to everyday life more than physics. like you might stumble across a dying leaf and go.. oh that needs more water where as, if you do physics, you wont say "wow the momentum must have been great when that car crashed into that tree!"

not great arguments but hope it helps!

choose chem btw! its the best!

suzlee

HSC
PHYSICS FTW :D
I enjoy physics so much more than biology. I have wonderful teachers for both subjects but I find that bio is just basically retention work... whereas physics is so much more involved in application of knowledge.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Fizzix > Biology. Physics is more conceptual understanding whereas in Biology you just regurgitate information.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Since I only do Bio...

Bio FTW...lol

I hate Science gah :mad1:

JoannaS2

HSC
Thanks for the responses!!

I was wondering, if you want to be a doctor e.g. a dermatologist, do you need to have done bio in high school to be able to do a uni course? Or do they just reteach it again in uni?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I don't think you need to do Bio to get into Medicine. I'm pretty sure need to do Chemistry though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)